#41 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 September 2015 - 13:48

I have every intention of cross pollinating future invention in this manner in as many elements of the game as I can. I see zero reason not to. Let's get players from all facets of the game talking and trading with each other!

#42 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 13:55

It's not fair to force ladder players to try and save the arena too.  The ladder is in enough trouble as it is. This is like another punishment. You aren't forcing people to pvp. Why force them to deal with the arena?

#43 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 14:02

As long as you can sell these items(Not Bound) and the dura so low>>>You are not gonna get anymore activity on the ladders>>Just saying, RED 

#44 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 September 2015 - 14:05

It's not fair to force ladder players to try and save the arena too.  The ladder is in enough trouble as it is. This is like another punishment. You aren't forcing people to pvp. Why force them to deal with the arena?

Provide CONSTRUCTIVE feedback please. Read my previous message.

#45 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2015 - 14:13

I mean, actually they are and have been from the very start of the game. Being the 'victim' of a pvp attack means you have been part of pvp. People are forced into it all of the time.

I remember not so long ago there were people badmouthing those that do not wish to pvp because 'they do not play the whole game.' Now a mechanism is being put into place that will begin to encourage players to participate in different aspects, they are complaining again...

Seriously, no matter what HCS do, other than to give certain people free reign to smash whoever they want, and get paid handsomely for it with no downsides, they are never going to hear the end of it. *Shakes head and walks away*

Edited by Mister Doom, 10 September 2015 - 14:14.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#46 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 14:21

Provide CONSTRUCTIVE feedback please. Read my previous message.

It is constructive feedback Grim. It just isn't what you want to hear. I'm not the only one saying it.

#47 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 14:26

also i like needing other resources outside of the ladder...i like trying to figure out the arena, i like using parts from other aspects of the game...

tuvok-if you cant find a way to integrate gear thats a personal problem...you claim to be some great gvg'r but cant even build a proper set to beat lvl 200 sets(your own words)....

im tired of seeing all the "i want, i want, i want" and when the cows give it to us, its ALL complaints afterwards....BG/HCS keep it coming, im loving the fresh updates and gear coming

# Arena has been dominated by Arena-Pros for almost half a decade now. Good look "figuring" out the arena.

## theres a BIG difference between PvP, Ladder-PvP, GvG and Arena. If you, a well known PvPer, cant seem to "figure out" the differences in it, I have to feel deeply sorry for you, but would nonetheless advise you to refrain from making such comments towards me like the ones you did above.

### with your last statement yet again you left me puzzled beyond hope for recovery. In no way people were calling out "free stuff plox". We wanted "useful" gear and by useful it meant usefeul for the many PvP aspects, covering up gearholes in the many spread out levels. The mechanic on how these items come to existence is critized, while the new PvP ladder items were proclaimed to be indeed PvP ladder items, they are as of now Arena items that use up PvP tokens on the side. I aint going to a war in Crystalline gear, Im way to much a fan of destroying it than I am at wearing such things. I personally cant be bothered to be dragged into such a "tokensink". I would much prefer a LE PvP set that is build by purely all the previous LE PVP gear set, uses a bunch of pvp tokens , is more expensive to create,has a slim chance of invention (lets say 10%) , BUT is actually useful in GvG, PvP, Arena, Ladder PvP etc. 

My gear which I use to PvP players against is build to be competetive in primarily GvG + PvP + Ladder PvP. I dont even bother with Arena anymore. I have only 32 BP slots and have not the opportunity to build up 20 setups for all occasions.

All my gear is Att/def/dam based. and it fills up 26 of my BP slots. I simply have no place to build a competitive PvP ladder and arena set that is armour based, since statistically that stuff is usually what is used by arena pros.

And please stop dragging my PvP-Ladder discussion here. We agree to disagree and its still broken, even the leading players who take part say so apart from me. Your argument is invalid as you are not affected by it and whatever glorious days in the past you had, it is all but memories and your not down here but up somewhere at lvl 500 where the ladder is as far as I can see it working properly...

Tuvok out.

#48 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 September 2015 - 14:28

It is constructive feedback Grim.

No, it's really not.

And we're getting PLENTY of players who are liking this update.

#49 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 September 2015 - 14:36

# Arena has been dominated by Arena-Pros for almost half a decade now. Good look "figuring" out the arena.

## theres a BIG difference between PvP, Ladder-PvP, GvG and Arena. If you, a well known PvPer, cant seem to "figure out" the differences in it, I have to feel deeply sorry for you, but would nonetheless advise you to refrain from making such comments towards me like the ones you did above.

### with your last statement yet again you left me puzzled beyond hope for recovery. In no way people were calling out "free stuff plox". We wanted "useful" gear and by useful it meant usefeul for the many PvP aspects, covering up gearholes in the many spread out levels. The mechanic on how these items come to existence is critized, while the new PvP ladder items were proclaimed to be indeed PvP ladder items, they are as of now Arena items that use up PvP tokens on the side. I aint going to a war in Crystalline gear, Im way to much a fan of destroying it than I am at wearing such things. I personally cant be bothered to be dragged into such a "tokensink". I would much prefer a LE PvP set that is build by purely all the previous LE PVP gear set, uses a bunch of pvp tokens , is more expensive to create,has a slim chance of invention (lets say 10%) , BUT is actually useful in GvG, PvP, Arena, Ladder PvP etc.

My gear which I use to PvP players against is build to be competetive in primarily GvG + PvP + Ladder PvP. I dont even bother with Arena anymore. I have only 32 BP slots and have not the opportunity to build up 20 setups for all occasions.
All my gear is Att/def/dam based. and it fills up 26 of my BP slots. I simply have no place to build a competitive PvP ladder and arena set that is armour based, since statistically that stuff is usually what is used by arena pros.

And please stop dragging my PvP-Ladder discussion here. We agree to disagree and its still broken, even the leading players who take part say so apart from me. Your argument is invalid as you are not affected by it and whatever glorious days in the past you had, it is all but memories and your not down here but up somewhere at lvl 500 where the ladder is as far as I can see it working properly...

Tuvok out.

spoken like a true noob...you honestly have NO clue about what it takes to pvp or gvg at the top teir...my glory days? as far as i can tell im still stomping my way thru lvl ranges and seasons...you think that you know it all but you know maybe l/50th of it takes to be competitive at top teirs of pvp/gvg....ive told you sets thst would aide you, ive helped COUNTLESS players in pvp and gvg aspects of this game. you can talk about this and that...but fact is youre nothing but rp farmer...

BUT if you truly think youre better than me im sure i can borrow some gear for your range and get on bb....you guys asked for new gear that could be used for stam gain AND offline prorection...YOU GOT IT and still complain..

and as far as arena being dominated by a few players...ive won 12 arenas in the last 2 weeks...not great #'s but i earned tokens...so its not IMPOSSIBLE if youre willing to put a little effort into it

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#50 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 September 2015 - 14:38

C'mon guys. Let's keep it civil.

#51 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 September 2015 - 14:39

sorry grim....im done here..thanks for the new gear, cant wait to see more

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#52 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 14:44

I would welcome if we could have some LE PvP-Ladder sets next to the Crystalline sets. Preferable something in my level range that covers gloves and amulet slot or gloves and shield, giving attack and def like the asterias set does.

#53 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 September 2015 - 14:48

I would welcome if we could have some LE PvP-Ladder sets next to the Crystalline sets.

Such items would not have the higher power or the stam/stam gain. Those are for Crystal only as they are designed to break and be earned again.

#54 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 14:50

Such items would not have the higher power or the stam/stam gain. Those are for Crystal only as they are designed to break and be earned again.

stam gain and stam wouldnt be needed. all I would ask for is usual PvP gear giving enhancements like thievery or master thief.

Im fine with crystal gear having stam enhancing properties. But I wouldnt really consider it myself for offline use. For that Im way to often hanging around on the Bounty board. (Thats why I personally would like some PvP themed LE gear that is made from old PvP ladder sets) ;)

Edited by tuvok77, 10 September 2015 - 14:53.

#55 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 14:51

Good for those SELLING maybe - wouldn't agree with good for the whole game ;)

lol i knew i would get this respond...every aspect and part in this game connected to each other to make it a game!

Good market means the game is active...

#56 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 14:57

By that mentality, wouldn't it also be fair to say that new arena recipes should require PVP ladder resources to invent?

I understand the idea of mixing and combining multiple areas of the game to create the items, however, it's only beneficial for Arena Players on the Ladder with lots of tokens. I wouldn't say it's better for the whole game. 

I would accept an Arena recipe require pvp ladder resource if they are unbound just like arena items ;)

I would consume fsp's on that or just participate in pvp ladder...

People these days just whine and complain on every update from HC's! sadly...

I like this update and i support you to keep going forward

Edited by shindrak, 10 September 2015 - 14:59.

#57 killerz15

killerz15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 15:41

Coming from a player that doesn't participate in the ladder and can't win in the arena, I find that if these updates were to continue and you were to release some good quality sets into the game (loving the idea in pulling the old ladder sets and making them apart of another recipe btw) then it might spark a serious interest for me to try out the ladder and continue to (hopefully not lose lol) try in the arena :) Great couple of updates you guys have released, keep it up!

#58 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 September 2015 - 16:11

Nah they're not forcing you at all. You want to invent the items? Go enter some arenas. Don't want to enter arenas? Go buy the components from arena players. This is giving ladder players the opportunity to make new sets and something to spend their tokens on. It's also allowing arena players to use their tokens on. I really don't see the big problem. If it's too much for you to even associate yourself with another part of the game, then that's your problem.

#59 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 16:28

i like the idea of cross-pollinating, use every aspect of the game, se, le, arena, gvg and others- use them all- get players to try out other avenues of the game, but also,  it is needed to have those aspects fixed

pvp for example ( lvl 25-250 for a ladder, those kind of things need to be fixed, the ranges for the ladder are a little to big, not sure i would wish to join my ladder with the range as big as it is)

arena- not enough arena's for low level players to join to be able to get arena tokens, they should not have to be forced to buy arena items from ah,  i have given many times,  a solution to the arena lvl spawning - again here it is, would solve that issue once and for all, 

well it looks like it has been removed from the forums and it was greatly approved - simple is was..20 arena tourneys for every 500 levels, when one starts it gets replaced in that level range, therefore at all times there should be plenty to join for everyone

if aspects of the game were fixed it would make it easier to get more players to try different aspects , therefore reviving those parts of the game

again like the idea, just needs some tweaking and fixing of aspects of the game to make it really work

these new inventable sets would generate activity- if players can see a more fair chance at each aspect, at this point some aspects are not fair. as explained above

Edited by yodamus, 10 September 2015 - 16:31.

#60 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 September 2015 - 16:32

20 arena tourneys for every 500 levels, when one starts it gets replaced in that level range, therefore at all times there should be plenty to join for everyone

Will point this out to Hoofmaster and Zorg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: