10 replies to this topic

#1 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 March 2021 - 06:05

You are not a gamer if you cannot find an alternative way to play the game that is not at 100%. 

First off Thanks for the updates HCS :)

This post was meant to have players tell how they are getting around the game issues

and making the best of the situation.

For example, since it is difficult to hunt currently, I go looking for treasure chests to burn stamina...even found one  :)

The post is not intended to discuss the new changes HCS has made 

yet if you have positive thoughts about them cool  :) 

Hope this is less confusing now :wub:  

Edited by WandKing, 28 March 2021 - 02:39.

#2 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 14:54

huh ?

[edit: the original post is written the way i usually feel, poorly.
so, my take:

if you cannot play with a broken game,
then ... you are not a gamer !!!

you are tougher/ braver than i am. i consider fs is never "really" broken, just a challenge shared with fs guildmates and friends.

many commentators, imho, can be placed in 3 classes: 1. PvPers politicking to gain advantage over Levellers. 2. higher level players and/or players in more successful guilds politicking to gain advantage over the other players/ guilds. 3. know-it-alls, who can't possibly know it all, putting there 2 cents in for good and bad, and their bad is really bad.

players with other opinions, to arms !!! (meaning, post your comments !)

over the years, certain principles have developed. defending these principles is not bad. as to politicking, free speech. and you make the case for alternative opinions to get posted.

oh (expletive), battery dying but point made.

yes, point made.
expletive? my take.
i hope i did not overstep.]

Edited by michael65, 27 March 2021 - 19:01.

#3 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 15:04

giphy.gif

#4 nickkc420

nickkc420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 17:20

uh

#5 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 19:08

WK, luv, have you been drinking?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 March 2021 - 19:35

Glad I'm not the only one confused here :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#7 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 20:55

huh ?
[edit: the original post is written the way i usually feel, poorly.
so, my take:[color=#FFA500]if you cannot play with a broken game,
then ... you are not a gamer !!!

You just used the "b" word

#8 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 21:37

You just used the "b" word

not "really" the b-word. and if the b-word showed up, it is artistic and / or decorative bc no b-word commentary intended. note as used, the b-word implies "b-word."

[edit: put in "or"]

pls, don't ban me.

Edited by michael65, 28 March 2021 - 03:53.

#9 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 02:08

WK, luv, have you been drinking?

yes I was under the influence of spirits and it all made sense when I started it.

Now it doesnt  :rolleyes:

I meant to state that a gamer will find a way to play the game even when it is not working 100% and was asking on other gamers (levelers and pvpers) take on that thought  :)

Anyway if this tread gets delete no big deal as I tried to remove it myself.

#10 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 03:29

yes I was under the influence of spirits and it all made sense when I started it.

Now it doesnt  :rolleyes:

I meant to state that a gamer will find a way to play the game even when it is not working 100% and was asking on other gamers (levelers and pvpers) take on that thought  :)

Anyway if this tread gets delete no big deal as I tried to remove it myself.

I see, in that case:

There's always several ways to skin a cat.... It's never easy, and Plan B usually sucks rocks, so probably it's best to start with that, then there's no other way to go than up... 

I make it no secret that I rarely 1 hit.. Mostly that's because in my "youth" I didn't know any better, nobody told me to put everything into damage.  We used the so called "useless buffs" like Rage and Fury that rely on base stats that are now neglected...   Hunting setups didn't rely on every single piece being part of a set, even common items from shops could have a purpose.   

Now, even some long time popular SE and LE sets are deemed useless,  we have those Coordinated buffs that make non-set items only useful to breakdown for potions, and there are shops everywhere with items that can't even be used for that....   Yet the cows still make those same shop items, with no use whatsoever, every time they add content...  

Why?  Why is 1 hitting so important?  So all of you at EoC can spend the better part of half an hour to rush to the end of new content, only to be back to having no content to use for months at a time?  So that the rest of us can race to EoC and join you with nothing to do for months?  

Now all the emphasis is on such and such buff is OP.... Maybe so, but the community screamed for an easy button for so long, and now  we all depend on those that went before us to devise hunting setups... We all wear the same thing as we traverse through the leveling and PvP ranges.... There is no longer creativity with gear...  Even I use the "recommended" setup as a basis for my hunting set, but with my stats being full all over the place, I have to modify each one... it's a poor excuse for creativity, I still fail in that as I start with the cookie cutter everybody else does. Still, I accept that I'm not always going to 1 hit, and I truly believe that Hoof never meant for us to do so in the first place.  The game is not anymore broken that we are

I always enjoyed the questing, PvP was fun for me cuz I had to get creative to devise setups to overcome defenses.  I used to live for challenges... It's time I got back to doing just that.

Thanks for opening my mind and my eyes WK...  Wonder who else has awakened?

Edited by BadPenny, 28 March 2021 - 03:51.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#11 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 03:49

I see, in that case:
There's always several ways to skin a cat.... It's never easy, and Plan B usually sucks rocks, so probably it's best to start with that, then there's no other way to go than up......

I make it no secret that I rarely 1 hit.. Mostly that's because in my "youth" I didn't know any better, nobody told me to put everything into damage. We used the so called "useless buffs" like Rage and Fury that rely on base stats that are now neglected... Hunting setups didn't rely on every single piece being part of a set, even common items from shops could have a purpose.

Now, even some long time popular SE and LE sets are deemed useless, we have those Coordinated buffs that make non-set items only useful to breakdown for potions, and there are shops everywhere with items that can't even be used for that.... Yet the cows still make those same shop items, with no use whatsoever, every time they add content...

Why? Why is 1 hitting so important? So all of you at EoC can spend the better part of half an hour to rush to having no content to use for months at a time? So that the rest of us can race to EoC and join you with nothing to do for months?

Now all the emphasis is on such and such buff is OP.... Maybe so, but the community screamed for an easy button for so long, and we all depend for those that went before us to devise hunting setups... We all wear the same thing as we traverse through the leveling and PvP ranges.... There is no longer creativity with gear... Even I use the "recommended" setup as a basis for my hunting set, but with my stats being full all over the place, I modify each one... I accept that I'm not always going to 1 hit, and I truly believe that Hoof never meant for us to do so in the first place.

I always enjoyed the questing, PvP was fun for me cuz I had to get creative to devise setups to overcome defenses. I used to live for challenges... It's time I got back to doing just that.

Thanks for opening my mind and my eyes WK... Wonder who else has awakened?

huh?

[edit: a personal journey described in a public forum? skinning cats metaphor for love of game, free expression, and drinking? i'm confused. ]

Edited by michael65, 28 March 2021 - 19:05.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: