• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 viridios

viridios

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:11

Hi there, I play this game since 3 days and I wanna share my thoughts as a newbie player, the game is enjoyable but here comes a major flaw in gameplay: in other MMOs the gathering\crafting profession is more "relaxing" so the player can freely choose between group instances or craft something by himself..  as a newbie I found the professions (I'm talking about farming and tailoring in my case) excessive grindly,boring and this seems an incentive to quit the game which is not in the best interests for HCS, and if a player wants a full set, he MUST grind and even be lucky enough to gather rare materials to craft it.

My suggestions:

- less required materials for crafting

- remove dungeon headgears from crafting list and make them purchasable with relics

- maybe add alternative crafting sets if ppl enjoy crafting

- add bonus sets with 2,3,4,5 pieces like any other mmorpg

Edited by viridios, 25 April 2014 - 10:08.

#2 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:26

However, whilst I agree it can be an excessive grind and seem boring, you're always able to purchase materials from other players. Here are my views on your points:

1) The amount of materials required for lower level gear and other materials like bars isn't too much. You'll realize this once you reach a higher level.

2) Dungeon head-gears, weapons and jewelry should stay craft-able. It gives you a reason to level your professions, and also something to sink your gold into.

3) I agree with this, more sets to have between every 10 levels would also give people an incentive to level crafting.

4) Set bonuses are only available on tiered gear. These gears are available from the level 10, 15, 20, 25, 35, 40 and 45 dungeons. A craft-able set for each class with a set bonus is also available at level 30.

Edited by Crusader, 25 April 2014 - 10:28.

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#3 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:58

In closed beta headgear was available from relics in dungeons. They changed it because crafting was a total waste of time, with no benefits. Instead of adding an comparable set to those that choose crafting over dungeon running, they just made 1 item that had to be crafted.

They aren't forcing you to craft either. You can freely buy your headgear from any player with that craft.

I am not for any suggestion that would make crafting entirely pointless again. The problem with the game currently is that almost everything comes from dungeon runs, and leaves very little room for variety.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#4 TakeTwo

TakeTwo

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 15:31

For his fourth point, i think he means currently you get a bonus if you have all 5 pieces equipped. But perhaps bonuses should be given if you have 3/5 (small bonus), 4/5 (medium bonus), 5/5 (full bonus). This adds a sense of progression and accomplishment and keeps people hunting for that next item. +1 Support if that's what he meant

Some professions require 1 type of material for crafting others require 2. (Eg. WS16 only requires mining16 , but Jewelry16 requires mining16  AND crystal cutting16) +1 to make the materials required consistent across the professions

Crafting Sets which give bonuses. Sure, why not (low priority though the dev's shouldn't focus all their time on cosmetics)

I like that headgear needs to be crafted, some people like crafting, others like dungeon running, this way they can interact with each other (it's an mmo after all). Maybe if gloves/boots from dungeons were not bound, but tradeable, and those items couldn't be crafted? then ti's fair to both rather than dungeon runners having to always pay the crafters.

#5 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 21:41

Newbie here too. Hi. :)

( think I need a sig. with just a Newbie label since I think I'm going to feel like a newbie for quite some time ^^).

I think it would be nice if maybe some crafts we can use on the spot.  example, maybe for alchemy and cooking (assume that food that we eat for heal/buff stuff)  after we have gathered what we need we can just bring up the recipes, click on what we want to make and create it where ever we are instead of going back to an npc to create it. 

I realize maybe not all the crafts could be worked out this way but for those items like food and potions which help us heal and gives us some buffs it would be less time consuming. 

I get lost a lot even referring to the map or it just takes quite some time to get around.  I know maybe not everyone is as directionally challanged as I am lol, but since those are items we want to maybe keep well stocked in our inventory or be able to make it on the fly it just seems like a good option to have.

I just started my crafting/gathering and so my lvls aren't that high yet.

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#6 KyotrixITA

KyotrixITA

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:01

( i helped with google translate )
I dont understand why in tailoring, create cloths you get XP points in farming and not in tailoring. In this way, Farming grows more than necessary, tailoring it grows very slow! (I have tailor 18 farming 26 ...) 

Another thing: it makes no sense that you get in dungeons drop better than those obtained by crafting.
In this way the crafting has no reason to exist, it is just a waste of time.
Better make dung repeatedly.

#7 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:21

...I think it would be nice if maybe some crafts we can use on the spot.  example, maybe for alchemy and cooking (assume that food that we eat for heal/buff stuff)  after we have gathered what we need we can just bring up the recipes, click on what we want to make and create it where ever we are instead of going back to an npc to create it...

Well with cooking you can if you have the materials. Just make a campfire with some wood.

#8 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 22:35

Well with cooking you can if you have the materials. Just make a campfire with some wood.

Oh I was wondering how to use that.  I made little fires all over the place and set an npc on fire once lol.   I wasn't sure we can cook whatever we want from doing that.   thanks

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#9 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:50

Another thing: it makes no sense that you get in dungeons drop better than those obtained by crafting.

In this way the crafting has no reason to exist, it is just a waste of time.
Better make dung repeatedly.

I've had the same complaint for about a year now. It seems they are committed to the way it is. Most crafting does end up being a total waste of time, with the exception of cooking and alchemy. It seems to be a theme in modern MMOs to have a crafting system, yet only as a facade, with little to no purpose or functionality.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 29 April 2014 - 02:51.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#10 Elnestor

Elnestor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Badge
  • Austria

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:34

We absolutely need more crafted sets, at least every 10 levels, without a need to use dungeon looted components.

Maybe they could have a bit lower stats.

Some people are simply not able or willing to run dungeons about 50 times to get a full set.

At least it would give the crafting professions a better reason to exist.

Edited by Elnestor, 29 April 2014 - 05:38.

~ Be a friendly Founder. Help Newcomers. ~

Char 1: Kyrion - Ranger - lvl 49

Crystal- 49: Farming- 49 : Fishing- 49 : Foraging- 49 : Forestry- 49 : Prospect- 49 : Skinning- 49 

Alchemy- 49 : Armor- 49 : Cooking- 49 : Jewelry- 49 : Leather- 49 : Tailoring- 49 : Weapons- 49

Char 2: Elnestor - Templar - lvl 49   **** Char 3: Sarakh - Mage - lvl 49 **** Char 4: Razvan - Assassin - lvl 49

Char 5: LordRahl - Warrior - lvl 49  **** Char 6: Hezekiel - Prophet - lvl 49 **** Char 7: Durendal - Ranger - lvl 49

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: