• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Teeg

Teeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:47

Hello I'm Teeg. Let me start off by saying that I've been playing Legacy for the past 7 years. I first made an account when I was 12 and never looked back, and here I am 7 years later. Almost 20 years old right now. And the most recent blog post has me concerned for the future state of Legacy.

Don't get me wrong I think it's great all the time and work the VH's has put in especially Scott and Will. But what will happen with no VH's, who will monitor SC or work on player accounts, gang control, take care of multi's, hold up the ToS, and police Legacy? What's going to happen to all the Mods, Guides, and Wiki SysOps?

Sure Steven quitting was a big deal, but he's not the only GFX artist on Legacy. There are plenty of other talented people in the Legacy community to create GFX for stuff.

Honestly; and this is just my opinion. I'd Rather new or old VH's be put into position to help run the game. With old VH's helping newer ones with training and such. Since lets face it no one on Legacy really wasn't HCS staffers. They haven't truly played the game or have been apart of the Legacy community and don't know how much the game means to those that are apart of that community. 

I know most people see me as a troll and whatnot. And sure, perhaps I am. I like to have a good laugh every once in awhile, who doesn't? But I'll be damned to see the game and community I loved and grew up with turn into an empty husk like Sigmastorm. And you can be damn sure I'll fight for every pixel to keep this baby afloat for as long as possible!

Sorry to rant... Back to the main point. The point of this post is to ask either Zorg, VH's, or even HCS what will happen now?

Edited by Teeg, 15 February 2016 - 07:20.

#2 MVP

MVP

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 February 2016 - 14:29

Teeg! I also am very concerned. We're losing the 3 people that did everything for legacy. Now we have Zorg with empty hands and we have Hcs cows who to this day has not acknowledged legacy as part of hcs. I wish we didn't have to lose them because the game is going to be extinct. But if Zorg wants salvation he should go towards hiring new legacy staff

29p7ybq.jpg

#3 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 17:05

SigmaStorm died because it wasn't that much fun. It had nothing to do with support staff... HCS has always been spot on with support issues from FS to Eldevin.... Legacy is still fun, the community, while small, is very active, so it can and will survive. Trust me, you don't want a Hunted Cow support team policing us. SC would be a main objective, and the petty squabbles, the bad language, the general bad stuff we all know goes on, that would go bye bye. Trolling would be a thing of the past. Sure, somebody has to do the crap job of answering tickets, etc. But if BigGrim, just for example, spent an hour monitoring SC, there'd be a heck of a lot of frogs, just for language and general content of the average daily conversations....

I don't think Legacy is going anywhere. Zorg said he won't allow that to happen. Sure, changes will come slowly, but from what I understand, they always have. So what really changes? Less policing of what goes on day to day.... Eventually, Zorg will bring in some kind of help.... You better pray it's not BigGrim, he doesn't put up with nonsense, he smites it...

Edited by BigGrim, 16 February 2016 - 11:44.
No swearing please.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#4 Teeg

Teeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 17:26

SigmaStorm died because it wasn't that much fun. It had nothing to do with support staff... HCS has always been spot on with support issues from FS to Eldevin.... Legacy is still fun, the community, while small, is very active, so it can and will survive. Trust me, you don't want a Hunted Cow support team policing us. SC would be a main objective, and the petty squabbles, the bad language, the general bad stuff we all know goes on, that would go bye bye. Trolling would be a thing of the past. Sure, somebody has to do the crap job of answering tickets, etc. But if BigGrim, just for example, spent an hour monitoring SC, there'd be a heck of a lot of frogs, just for language and general content of the average daily conversations....

I don't think Legacy is going anywhere. Zorg said he won't allow that to happen. Sure, changes will come slowly, but from what I understand, they always have. So what really changes? Less policing of what goes on day to day.... Eventually, Zorg will bring in some kind of help.... You better pray it's not BigGrim, he doesn't put up with BS, he smites it...

I don't mean what exactly happened to Sigmastorm. What I meant was I'm afraid most people would leave is HCS became full-time staffers. And the already small playerbase would become even smaller. Because the running joke is that Sigmastorm only has 3 players.

And the trolling thing.... I couldn't care less if trolling was monitored more. It was more or less brought up for people to realize I'm being serious. And to not brush it off as "oh it's Teeg, he's probably just trying to troll as usual". HCS areadly handles Legacy's Tickets. The main Concern is what is going to happen with no VH's at the Weel? Since no one really has time to train them, especially Zorg.

#5 Neltharion

Neltharion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 17:39

Back in the day, when we had an active Staff team, there were a lot more frogs due to language, harassment and trolling. The lack of policing and the souring attitude of the community drove away many of our best players.

I'm... not holding my breath, to be honest. No matter what is decided, I imagine that the game will continue on, just as it is now. Ignored, forgotten, and slowly losing subscribers. It needs an overhaul. Modernisation, advertising. I've referred near on two hundred people and one of them has stuck around to level 30. The retention rate of the game is worse than a sieve.

I doubt this will majorly change anything.

#6 Teeg

Teeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 18:05

Back in the day, when we had an active Staff team, there were a lot more frogs due to language, harassment and trolling. The lack of policing and the souring attitude of the community drove away many of our best players.

I'm... not holding my breath, to be honest. No matter what is decided, I imagine that the game will continue on, just as it is now. Ignored, forgotten, and slowly losing subscribers. It needs an overhaul. Modernisation, advertising. I've referred near on two hundred people and one of them has stuck around to level 30. The retention rate of the game is worse than a sieve.

I doubt this will majorly change anything.

The point isn't lack of updates. Honestly the time for that has past. New players either like Legacy or they don't. With joining HCS we were told there would be a team of new staffers from their departments to help out. But nothing came of it. So it's really on them that the game has a lack of updates. But that's not the point of this Thread. The point is to suggest what'll come next? Will new VH be hired? Or HCS takeover? 

Because rambling on about updates and whatnot is DTD. And we're not gonna see anything major anytime soon with just Zorg working on things. Because it's hard for 1 person to run and update a game by himself, and he's done a damn fine job so far!

Edited by Teeg, 15 February 2016 - 18:10.

#7 MVP

MVP

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 18:11

I vote for Teeg and matteh as the 2 new main lead vh!

29p7ybq.jpg

#8 Neltharion

Neltharion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 18:16

Updates may be "done to death", but without them, there is no future to Legacy. It'll just slide on like always, stagnant and forgotten. 

I agree with your OP in that I don't want HCS to take over, but I doubt you'd get many people willing to go for Staff nowadays, and even less who would actually be trusted and qualified to run it. As for old Staff, they left for one reason or another, and I'd assume those reasons likely still stand.

Nobody wants to lose all their hard work to do a thankless job on a dying game.

Edited by Neltharion, 15 February 2016 - 18:17.

#9 Teeg

Teeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 19:00

Updates may be "done to death", but without them, there is no future to Legacy. It'll just slide on like always, stagnant and forgotten. 

I agree with your OP in that I don't want HCS to take over, but I doubt you'd get many people willing to go for Staff nowadays, and even less who would actually be trusted and qualified to run it. As for old Staff, they left for one reason or another, and I'd assume those reasons likely still stand.

Nobody wants to lose all their hard work to do a thankless job on a dying game.

Actually you'd be surprised, there are plenty of people who'd step up and take a VH role to save the game from the clutches of HCS; who wouldn't have otherwise wanted to be in a VH role if this wasn't the case.

#10 Scott

Scott

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:05

We're looking at replacing us with new peeps, me and Zorg & Will are to begin shortly :)

#11 Teeg

Teeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:54

Alright thanks Scott! I guess this can be locked now, unless some one wants to add anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: