BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 November 2014 - 16:31

Hi there Everyone.

We've had a good long discussion regarding our forth coming upgrades to the Composing system.

For the Composing Page itself : 

For the Composing Page itself, we shall be adding a "Collect All" button, a "Discard Button" to throw the potion away, bypassing the Backpack management screen as well as a "Discard All" button (with a confirmation) in the event you wish to throw away all your potions.

We'll add a Create Potion from template Button, which will only display if the player has Templates, we'll add a confirmation to the Template deletion process as well as create a Template Creation/Management page where you will be able to create, edit and delete templates. Additionally, we fill increase the number of templates a player can have above 10 for a small FSP cost per template. 

You will be able to actually see the buffs of Potions that you are in the process of Composing via a mouse over, The Instant Finish countdown will reset at midnight and your levelling percentage will display correctly.

On the Profile page, you will be able to right click an item to Frag or Frag All of an item. We'll also be setting it up so you can send Guild Bound Potions to your Guild Mates.

Finally, we shall be altering the Frags used in composing to balance out the use of Commons Versus LE, SE and Crystalline Frags, while also adding all the previously discussed Buffs (with maybe one or two others!) and raising the level cap to 60.

Upcoming Buffs : 

Smashing Hammer
Stalker
Terrorize
Gloat
Honor
Flinch
Constitution
Armor Boost
Mighty Vigor
Severe Condition
Ageless

Miscellaneous Additions & Fixes.

The Bank Deposit reset shall occur at Midnight.

Fix holding control / alt while pressing 1, 2, 3, (tab control) etc to not activate creature kills. Fix clicking world to defocus chat box.

Adding Buttons to the Manage Folder screen to Rename your Backpack Folders.

We're aiming to release the update later this week, but we'll keep you posted if there are any delays!

On a final note, we have altered the Christmas Box 2014 to make the buffs slightly more powerful and a LOT longer in duration.

The Fallen Sword Team.

#2 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 November 2014 - 16:32

Looks like a nice update! Definitely looking forward to the new composing only potions.

I would really like to see some of the buffs listed in the Auction House though.

Edited by Swiggity, 24 November 2014 - 16:36.

#3 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 16:39

That is great news!!  thank you and im looking forward to the upgrades!! nice job every one!

#4 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2014 - 16:40

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

This gets a Davvyboy rating of :D :D :D :D :D

#5 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 16:42

Nice, an good update coming.

"we shall be altering the Frags used in composing to balance out the use of Commons Versus LE, SE and Crystalline Frags, while also adding all the previously discussed Buffs (with maybe one or two others!) and raising the level cap to 60"

But please don't increase amount to spend on other types of frags with this update

Edited by Kbyte, 24 November 2014 - 16:42.

#6 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 16:44

in the guild log..can you refer to the item taken by potion name instead of just 'composing item' as that is quite generic..also easier to tell what kind of composed potions were taken...thanks...looking forward to seeing the changes take place : )

#7 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 16:45

I like that you are finally adding and expanding Composing (even though I am still a low level in it) as well as no longer needing the backpack slot open to process "grinding" potions.

However...

I am not a fan of the deposit reset occurring at 0:00 every day. Those who are gold thieves  :P will look for players to make deposits to guild banks at regulaar times. Yes, players will not have to do it at an exact time every day, but that will be what most will default to. I also like being able to kind of set my reset time to a certain time the day before a hunt to double up my number of deposits, although I realize you would rather us pay the upgrade to reset deposits.

#8 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 November 2014 - 16:47

Sounds mostly great, though I'm wondering about the frags thing...

Finally, we shall be altering the Frags used in composing to balance out the use of Commons Versus LE, SE and Crystalline Frags, while also adding all the previously discussed Buffs (with maybe one or two others!) and raising the level cap to 60.

Are you saying we're going to have to use other frags for our throw-away potions? Or that we're going to need more for actual useful potions?

#9 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2014 - 16:53

Sounds mostly great, though I'm wondering about the frags thing...

Are you saying we're going to have to use other frags for our throw-away potions? Or that we're going to need more for actual useful potions?

It's more likely it will just be you need to use more Legendary, Super Elite and Crystalline frags and slightly less Commons for the more powerful potions. We're still looking over the numbers tho :)

#10 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 16:56

http://cdn.fallenswo...kills/128_b.gif

This image link of Global Booster located on the Composing Level Guide doesn't work. There's a 128.gif image in the same directory that works but is not being used. Will you update this?

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 17:02

I love it.  So looking forward to the new interface, and thanks so much for freeing up backpack space with the discard feature.  Cows rock!

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#12 WyldLibrarian

WyldLibrarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 17:03

Sounds good to me! I'm only at level 18 and having a better idea of how far to go to get to the next level will be nice without having to haul out a calculator!

Only cautionary note I have has to do with:

Finally, we shall be altering the Frags used in composing to balance out the use of Commons Versus LE, SE and Crystalline Frags

Will this increase/decrease the number of common frags or leave common frags the same and increase/decrease the number of LE, SE and Crystalline frags?

Sounds good to me! I'm only at level 18 and having a better idea of how far to go to get to the next level will be nice without having to haul out a calculator!

Only cautionary note I have has to do with:

Finally, we shall be altering the Frags used in composing to balance out the use of Commons Versus LE, SE and Crystalline Frags

Will this increase/decrease the number of common frags or leave common frags the same and increase/decrease the number of LE, SE and Crystalline frags?

#13 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 17:03

It's more likely it will just be you need to use more Legendary, Super Elite and Crystalline frags and slightly less Commons for the more powerful potions. We're still looking over the numbers tho :)

It already spend an considerably high amount of Legy, Crystalline and SE frags to make Doubler 1000. If it increases more it would be an absurd

* LF 500 is also expensive too.

Edited by Kbyte, 24 November 2014 - 17:03.

#14 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 17:40

Did you guys forget to extend the anti-deflect potion, Potion of Extreme Force, to 480m like the others by mistake?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 November 2014 - 17:56

Nope. It's extended to 480 minutes too. Just not displaying yet. 

*Edit*

Just flushed the game cache. Check now.

#16 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 18:22

Just flushed the game cache. Check now.

Worked good. Can you flush and refill a few more things? :P

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#17 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 18:23

Firstly thank you for finally getting to Composing.

I disagree with a change to the number of fragments used per potion being changed.  Commons are available for us to collect all the time and are easy to get and are basically a byproduct of hunting, whereas an increase in  Crystalline and Legendary frags required would necessitate more crystal and legendary events.    And to change the frags required to make it easier for people to compose makes it unfair to those who have already progressed in composing.  Frags required should remain as was originally set as this would be the only fair thing for all.

Also i disagree with composing being raised to lvl 60.  It was a long hard slog to get to 50 with no new buffs unlocked for 30 levels ( between 21 and 50) and i think its wrong to raise the max lvl unless you are prepared to put into place new buffs being unlocked as those levels are unlocked.  

And will composers who have reached lvl 50 be given a credit for all the pots we have made since we reached lvl 50?  Its not fair that we have been making pots and have not been advancing and you decide to raise the maximum to 60.

#18 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 19:00

I like all but 2 things with update here

one is honor

I copy honor destciption from skills: Honor = -0.2% per point xp loss in PvP

honor 175 = -35% xp loss in PvP

honor 250 = -50% xp loss in PvP

honor 288 = -57.6% xp loss in PvP (with distil)

honor buff is very strong, it saving more than half of xp loss

I remember honor buff working for pvp rating, later I do not know why changed to saving xp loss

I thinking honor 175 is very high enogh saveing -35% xp loss in PvP, not need more powerfull honor in composing, please give another buff instead for honor in composing

second is altering the Frags

if you want altering fragments can you do like this I give example

conserve 250 need 

Common 13 Rare 10 Unique 7 Legendary 2

make that please

1 rare = 2 common

1 unique = 2 rare = 4 common

1 legendary = 2 unique = 4 rare = 6 common

I can deciding what fragments I want to use but important is make it impossible to use lower fragments (example common fragments) to replace higher fragments (example SE)

I meaning you can use 1 legendary instead of 6 common but not use 6 common instead of 1 legendary

I can use for composing conserve 250 this fragments for example

Common 1 Rare 0 Unique 15 Legendary 2

I deciding here paying unique for lower fragments: 15 unique + 2 legendary + 1 common

unique = 1x7 + 2x5 + 4x3 = 15 unique

or I can deciding paying legendary for lower fragments: 

10 legendary + 3 common or 10 legendary + 1 rare + 1 common

this giving us option for not spending many common and using other fragments we decide and giving value to higher fragments

can we please do this, I having many higher fragments I not using because I need leveling my composing level a lot for make higher potions and my common fragments very low

#19 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 19:09

Thanks Grim, though I have to ask with you making a smaller doubler is there a reason you ignore all the requests for a higher level doubler? We already have 1500, many have asked for 2k+ the truth is if it is higher we can burn our stamina faster, which in turn tempts us to buy more stamina to keep hunting.

Last event I had x amount of time to hunt and I had planned on spending 1-2000 fsp on extra stam, but because I could not burn the stamina fast enough I didn't buy any at all... I even had stam left over to keep hunting.

#20 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 19:16

Must be nice to have enough stam to need that big of a doubler.  Personally (yeah, I know, I know, not happening) I would like more gold from my hunt.  A tiny bit bigger TH and merchant wouldn't be bad.  Not much, 200-400... I've asked before... I do love shiny things so :)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: