24 replies to this topic

#1 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 19:18

Grim the Xinderoth (Super Elite) only drops 3 of the items needed for the set the rune is obtained via a quest so its basically impossible to get this now if you have done the quest ...which i guess you could say oh well tuff but the rune is also used in the recipe of Eadgyths crystal ball  ..is there any way to re obtain the rune ?

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 July 2017 - 19:30

besides submitting a ticket?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2017 - 19:40

besides submitting a ticket?

Submitting a ticket won't help if you've been given the quest reward and used it in an invention ;)

It does seem silly that the recipe uses a 1-off quest reward tho ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 19:43

I do believe that's the point.  You only get 1, you can only get 1 replacement....  this kind of reinforces the need for Uncolas store.......

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#5 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:01

Submitting a ticket won't help if you've been given the quest reward and used it in an invention ;)

It does seem silly that the recipe uses a 1-off quest reward tho ..

Exactly also that recipe only has a 40% invent chance

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:09

I do believe that's the point.  You only get 1, you can only get 1 replacement....  this kind of reinforces the need for Uncolas store.......

IF the store were to allow unlimited purchases, then yes, but it would have to be very carefully regulated - but I thought the point of the store was to allow the purchase of quest items dropped / lost so as to continue in the quest ?

The item Hades is referring to is the Quest REWARD  - those, for obvious reasons, shouldn't be in a store ..

The proper solution here would be to change the recipe to something more easily obtained, rather than a 1-off item

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#7 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:17

IF the store were to allow unlimited purchases, then yes, but it would have to be very carefully regulated - but I thought the point of the store was to allow the purchase of quest items dropped / lost so as to continue in the quest ?

The item Hades is referring to is the Quest REWARD  - those, for obvious reasons, shouldn't be in a store ..

The proper solution here would be to change the recipe to something more easily obtained, rather than a 1-off item

better solution would be to remove the item as a quest reward and let the super elite drop it ..imo its a bit daft having a se you cant get the set of because one of the items is a quest reward same issue happens with the deathspinner shield

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2017 - 21:42

better solution would be to remove the item as a quest reward and let the super elite drop it ..imo its a bit daft having a se you cant get the set of because one of the items is a quest reward same issue happens with the deathspinner shield

Yup, that works too, but that means cows doing more work than simply changing a recipe, ergo, it's less likely to be a quick fix ;) LOL

#9 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 22:26

https://forums.hunte...4&hl=quest item

#10 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 22:43

I don't think the problem is that a piece of the set a quest reward. Your problem is. That, you cannot have a complete Lv421 Set and also the Lv 710 set. I would say just pick one. Only, it's not my game

#11 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 22:48

I don't think the problem is that a piece of the set a quest reward. Your problem is. That, you cannot have a complete Lv421 Set and also the Lv 710 set. I would say just pick one. Only, it's not my game

and what happens when it fails because the chance is quite high it would

#12 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 22:59

I would hope that like some other items. That at least the one that was a reward. Does Not become destroyed. If so. Might I suggest you put in a ticket :P

#13 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:38

Just add the Rune to Xinds drops, problem solved? That seems like the best solution to me. The drops chances need to be changed so that the total chance for a drop conforms to SE drop chances (ie 10% total, so 10% / 4  =  2.5% each). 

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#14 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:59

if the item is used to invent it being in the "hypothetical store" would be abuse so items like that wouldn't be available, items that you need to continue a quest would be why the store is beneficial 

Best is to wait for people to do the quest and sell it or suggestion above put it under SE. But its meant to be that way maybe they might change it, keep trying.

#15 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:34

why would a lev 3k +want them anyway ,either to sell or do arenas to collect more stuff to sell ,so its all about gold ,

Not that you cant have both sets ,buy them in ah if you want them that much

5aZzW0p.png,

#16 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 15:35

why would a lev 3k +want them anyway ,either to sell or do arenas to collect more stuff to sell ,so its all about gold ,

Not that you cant have both sets ,buy them in ah if you want them that much

my level has nothing to do with it .as for buying them do you see many listed in the ah no you dont ever..as for my need what does that matter do i need it for arena NOPE do i need it to resell NOPE so has nothing to do with gold ...

#17 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 21:16

why would a lev 3k +want them anyway ,

because for some reason. He wishes to have every set in the game. Just to be able to lay claim to that. I for one, playing for fun anymore. Wouldn't want to wake up one day, and feel proud to tell a few ppl. "Hey, I own every Set." Don't think those few would care

#18 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 21:21

hades has always collected stuff.  So do I... I see nothing wrong with that.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#19 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 21:31

because for some reason. He wishes to have every set in the game. Just to be able to lay claim to that. I for one, playing for fun anymore. Wouldn't want to wake up one day, and feel proud to tell a few ppl. "Hey, I own every Set." Don't think those few would care

I really dont know what your problem is but the negativity that flows from you on every subject must make knowing you a nightmare...i dont collect for anyone elses benefit other then my own nor to claim anything i have done lots in this game that i was the first to do ...dont see it listed anywhere do you i collect because it keeps me motivated after 10 years of being loyal to this game and is something of a challenge

#20 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 21:35

I would not mind taking a walking tour of Hades closet, it sounds interesting and massive. lol

Edited by Pythia, 16 July 2017 - 21:35.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: