• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Petta

Petta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 14:05

Let's put our new mac issues in one place?

My iMac has an intel  I5 core, and   he graphics board is: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

I love the new view so much that I do not want to go back. However, everything other than the view of my surroundings is messed up. Each of the popups (abilities, map, character, etc.) comes up with many small items mis-scaled. Either they are tiny or too large or totally in the wrong place. Is there anything i can do to improve this?

I'll give you a simple example. I type "c" to see what my character is wearing. To see whether my bow has taken any damage, I click on my boots that are quite visible. It isn't hard to guess that I need to click on boots to find about about my bow, because the boots are where the bow ought to be.

The little map that always shows where you are, in the upper right corner, is a total, unreadble mess of tiny scratch marks.

Hunted Cow developers, I congratulate you on some enormous improvements. Please help us!

WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight

#2 tonyrobo

tonyrobo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 15:42

I am having the same problems and I am also on a  mac. when the game loads all I see is a glob of word and letter, most of them are upside down. An it doesn't end there, when im in game I can't even make out whats on my mini map. Its just a mirrior image of what I'm looking at just upside down as well. Not to mention all the commands such as spells,friends list,ect at the bottom are all invisible. 

#3 Petta

Petta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 16:31

That sounds very similar to what I am seeing. What kind of mac are you using, and what is the graphics board? I'm sure that info will help the developers.

#4 Petta

Petta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 16:36

I should also menrion that when I start up the client app, the screen is a mess, with lot of jibberish and many upside down words. I have "autoplay" checked, so after the first screen fully loads, I see the screen in which I can create a new character or PLAY. That screen is also a mess. The bcakground is okay, but most of the clickable icons are gray and yellow male or female symbols that have been scaled up way too large. I play the game by clicking where I know the "play" button ought to be.

WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight

#5 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2014 - 16:38

Would you be able to provide any screenshots of the issues?

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#6 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 August 2014 - 16:39

Also we've updated the build a few hours ago, have you tried since? I have ran it myself on a mac recently and it seemed to work reasonably (apart from fullscreen).

#7 Petta

Petta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:37

Here are two screenshots: + the window before I start to play + the game window. I have added several popups: m, i, x, c display resolution is one of the dropdown list choices, something like 1580 x 1080. But changing the resolution has produces the same display. Changing the frame rate from 60 to 30 makes no difference. I took these screen shots at about 13:30 EDT right after restarting my mac.

Attached Thumbnails

• eldevin-northam-pigs-with-popups.jpg

#8 Petta

Petta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:58

I went into Eldevin city. Considering that all the maps were useless, I thought it would be horrible to look for anything, but the views in and out of the city are now GREAT, making the maps less important. There were some stutters in the display; I can live with that until you speed us up. However, the app hung while I was preparing to tanning in the hunter's habitat. For about 30 seconds I could not move the mouse, change contexts, or even make a screen shot. Then the Eldevin client closed (or crashed), and my mac is okay again.

#9 Tyler

Tyler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:42

I still can't even log into the game..... "executing core" with a green bar

#10 number1star

number1star

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 14:57

Hello, first post!

I am using an Intel Core i7. My graphics card is also an MD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB. Below is what I see when I try to log on.

Screen Shot 2014-08-16 at 9.48.29 PM.png

#11 Petta

Petta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:45

Number1star, that's the same thing that I see. Fortunately, I had checked "auto log in" so the display goes on to the next messed-up screen (see my screen image above). You can get past these screens and play Eldevin, provided you can guess where to click.

Developers, because of the way the play screen is messed up, I would not dream of doing any quest that requires killing a serious foe, because I will have NO IDEA what my mana and health are. While waiting for an improved client, I am leveling up some of my professions, and looking for very easy quests.

Is there any additional info we mac users can give you about our machines?

Developers: If you would like to give me a simple test program of your graphics interface that might help you to diagnose a problem, please let me know. I am a software developer who has also done software diagnostic testing and managed software quality assurance.

Please help!

#12 Petta

Petta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:17

I would at least like to try the old version of eldevin. I tried the browser-only approach, but I get the "executing core forever" screen.  I want to know what will happen to my new version of the Eldevin client if I install the old version. Will I be able to switch back and forth to see if (or when) the new version has been fixed? I would prefer that.

Please tell me the easiest way on a mac to switch back and forth between the new client and the previous one. Thanks!

#13 oddfyre

oddfyre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:35

So I'm not having all of the same issues but my graphics are also messed up. On certain angles most of it goes black but when you rotate the camera back it's fine. (wasn't like this yesterday so that last update improved it, before it was always dark). Also the area around my minimap is messed up.

Macbook Pro

2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

eld1.jpg eld2.jpg

#14 Cronus

Cronus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:07

Yeah, when I use the browser version I get "Executing Core" with a green loading bar that doesn't go away. When I use the client, it is strange color, warping of the image badly and lots of random letters/numbers. So I can't play.

Edited by Cronus, 17 August 2014 - 07:07.

Warrior

Crystal Cutting: 49 - Fishing: 17 - Forestry: 48 - Skinning: 28 - Farming: 30 - Foraging: 49 - Prospecting: 49

Alchemy: 49 - Cooking: 36 - Leather: 18 - Weapon: 47 - Armor: 49 - Jewelry: 49 - Tailoring: 20 

#15 oddfyre

oddfyre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:11

I would at least like to try the old version of eldevin. 

I second this. I can't see a bloody thing, just want to play the game!

#16 mhatta

mhatta

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:55

Apart form the full screen mode everything works fine on my Mac, except the fact that yesterday when I first ran the client (before the hot fix) it took me 2 or 3 launches to make it work properly or work at all.  It was better after the hot fix, but was not perfect either.  Here is an example of what it was (after the HF, it was 1st or 2nd launch):

59b87ffb2f0fc9e2fc9a60b1bbd9d6e0.jpg

Not a big deal, but I thought you should know.

World of Warcraft junkie in remission.  17+ years of gaming / RPG addiction.  

#17 Cronus

Cronus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 14:48

Is anything being done about the Mac issues? I'm getting a little tired of not being able to log on and play the game that I am paying for, and have paid a lot on. I logged on the other day on an old windows laptop that almost doesn't work. I i get more than 20 feet from my router it almost doesn't even know I'm online. That means this Mac is the only thing i can play on. The website advertises this is a mac game also. Why does it seem like you guys really don't care about those players?

Warrior

Crystal Cutting: 49 - Fishing: 17 - Forestry: 48 - Skinning: 28 - Farming: 30 - Foraging: 49 - Prospecting: 49

Alchemy: 49 - Cooking: 36 - Leather: 18 - Weapon: 47 - Armor: 49 - Jewelry: 49 - Tailoring: 20 

#18 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 August 2014 - 18:03

When you use the client can you please copy paste me the log file which should be inside Eldevin.app\Contents\Java\log.txt when you get this corruption? It looks like pretty bad graphic corruption. Have you all made sure you have the latest Mac updates for up to date drivers?

I would at least like to try the old version of eldevin. I tried the browser-only approach, but I get the "executing core forever" screen.

If you could copy the Java console message that would help immensely. In the Java control pane there should be a tab called "advanced" in the debugging section enable tracing and logging. Also make sure the Java console is set to "Show console". This is of course only for the browser (Java and OSX don't like to work nicely in the browser where keyinput is concerned).

For more information on the Java console: http://www.java.com/...javaconsole.xml

If you are more technically minded you could do the following in the terminal to enable software mode:

java -Xmx1024M -jar gbloader.jar software

Where gbloader.jar is in Eldevin.app\Contents\Java\gbloader.jar

#19 Metra

Metra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 23:14

I have downloaded a client of the game onto my mac. The issue I get is that the partitions load completely, but it loads the Realm forever, and i can never get into the game. The background music runs as if i were in the city of Eldevin but i can never see anything. ive tried running the game on safe mode as well but it still doesnt work. Please fix or help me! really like the game so far! :D

Here is a link to the screenshot:

#20 Metra

Metra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 23:16

where did my post go?

where did my post go?

where did my post go?

where did my post go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic