Chagryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:23

OFFICIALBANNER_zpsb3f0bfcc.png

Welcome to the 8th Grand Graphics Tournament -- ROUND 1!. Artists are coming up together for an epic battle to see who's the best artist of the moment! Who wins?

You're the one who will choose!

This week's theme is : Marvel

This voting round artists where asked to create a signature using Marvel comics as their theme. 

HOW TO VOTE

Please rate each entry in each group on a scale of 1 to 10 with a vote of 10 being 'this blows my mind it is so good' and 1 being 'this is boring'.

You have up to 18 points to distribute between the two entries in each grouping.

You DO NOT need to give out all 18 points. The MAX you can give is 10 points on 1 piece per group.

Please include a reason with your votes - you only have to give a reason for one per set. It doesn't have to be technical. You can just say I liked this one best, or something along those lines but we all know an artist thrives on feedback so don't hesitate to really say what you think.

Example:

Group 1:
a 10/10 - I like it, it is a decent composition. / Good but could use (insert suggestion)
b 5/10 - I don't care for it. / Needs work

Votes that do not have a reason will not be counted!

**Artists, you may vote, but do not skip your own group, votes will be adjusted when tallied.**

Please vote for every grouping.

On behalf of my fellow artists, thank you for taking the time to vote !

***This week there is just one group. Simply give a reason and rate them 1 - 10*** 

Group 1:

a1_zps3ftg9kov.png

marvelsig_zpsqcn2taoy.png

a2_zpsfyexirsg.png

BrandSig_zpsf2e5098b.png

So who wants to buy me Zombie Brand on League of Legends? 

#2 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 16:32

1: 8/10

Most appealing, and appears to have had the most work put into it. It is messy however, and could use more of an established flow, and the lighting is too harsh, but i rate it highest due to the over-simple look the other 2 have

2: 5/10

Great text and lighting however, it is way too simple. There is basically no flow, very little effects, depth is forced to 2 levels, when it could be built p to be much better. And it seems like a 4 layer piece without the text, background, metaballs, render, then more metaballs

3: 5/10

the text here is by far the most well executed, the overall piece is fairly interesting, but there are not enough darker shades on the right of the piece to help blend in the render more, this piece also has a stale flow, monochromatic looks good on the piece though, and i like some of the brushwork just doesn't seem to have been a fully polished piece.

GJ to all who entered, and don't take my judgement too personally

ezgif-com-gif-maker-20.png

#3 Xed

Xed
  • United States of America

Posted 01 February 2015 - 17:34

1. 3/10. This pieces lighting is entirely excessive. It could have been made a darker piece and in my opinion, would have really made it look better. The text is also nice, but really, the lighting kills the entire thing for me.

2. 10/10. AMAZING piece if you ask me. I love the simple yet complex factor of it, I love how Wolverines jacket/shirt is reflecting onto the balls and I LOVE the lighting in this. Text is also great. All in all a magnificent piece, definitely one of my favorite piece from the whole tournament, if not my favorite of them all!

3. 1/10. This piece looks like it was RUSHED. The render doesn't blend into the background much, if it all, and that could have been fixed with a couple good C4D placements around the piece. Text isn't too great, or maybe it's just me.

Don't take me too seriously, just giving my opinion, and that's all it is, an opinion.

Also, I'd love to know who made the Wolverine piece!

Xed.gif

Xed's Graphic Shoppe: http://forums.hunted...graphic-shoppe/

#4 MyCurse

MyCurse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 20:38

No competition here unfortunately.

1. 1/10 - Very few things done correctly, too much white, no depth, dynamics - seems like something done in under 30 minutes if not lesser.

2. 10/10 - Trumps the other 2 pieces in terms of sheer quality. Beautiful work, love the C4D bubbles, lighting, colours...a truly deserving winner.

3. 1/10 - Horrible render and text placement, no blending, no lighting. Sorry but this is extremely poor.

Sorry if my ratings are too harsh - expect much better entries at this stage of the competition.

Edited by MyCurse, 01 February 2015 - 20:39.

#5 Shiver

Shiver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 20:59

1. (6/10) Text fits, but is rather big. Although the background does complement the render, there isn't much focus in this piece.

2. (9/10) My only complaint here is that it's too dark on the left for lighting purposes.

3. (2/10) Bad text choice, render, flow, blending, and is very monotone.

pers1_by_glitturrx-d8xb082.png

#6 SlntScream

SlntScream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:59

1. 5/10

Well blended, but the lighting is all over the place, making it looks messy, over-contrasted, and drawing away from the focal.

2. 10/10

Clear winner. Perfectly executed from the colors, to the lighting, to the blending, and I'm loving the way they used the bubbles to create the blending, background and depth.

3. 2/10

Very plain. Monotone. No clear flow or depth. Not enough time was spent on this one, and it's subpar for this stage of the competition.

TluddMk.png

#7 Chagryn

Chagryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2015 - 18:11

If anyone wants to help pull in voters I can reimburse you for your FSP (for either FSbox or Homepage). I also occasionally pop in world chat and let them know as well. The next round is the championship round as well, so lets get some participation going!

BrandSig_zpsf2e5098b.png

#8 cordio

cordio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 23:56

#1 8/10 The explosion of green around him shows the nature of the Hulk -his fury. Good embodiment of that. Maybe a small tint of red in that outer stuff from his body would accentuate it some(?)

#2 6/10 Like the darkness that surrounds Wolverine (maybe just a little too much of it though). It is associative with the darkness that is in him and that he works with and fights. At the same time I think a little more detail to his face would be good. . .and the back drop is a little too bright - maybe the balance could be just a slight more dark to the back and a slight more to the front.

#3 4/10 The monochrome is done well with the contrast to front and rear. The detail in body is real nice. I just don't like the choice of character. Good to be ready to step out on a limb, but I think very few people are familiar with him and that hurts it. 

#9 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 February 2015 - 00:57

1: 8/10 This picture is the only one of of the three that seems to fit the subject matter. The Hulk is a barely contained explosion of rage. The picture at least tries to express this.

2: 6/10 Technically a nice picture to look at. Some nice effects. Has absolutely nothing to do with wolverine whatsoever however.

3: 4/10 *shrug*

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#10 Chagryn

Chagryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 February 2015 - 00:21

Should we make this the last round? Clearly, no one is interested in participating and there are actually a lot of forum goers not even participating. Thoughts? Objections? etc?

BrandSig_zpsf2e5098b.png

#11 ghetoghost

ghetoghost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 16:10

One last round, 1v1. Let them go all out and create the best they can create!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Live. Love. Learn. Die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Are you an artist? Want to be listed as one under the Artist Directory; click here

#12 Chagryn

Chagryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:38

well i will wait for more votes. any help bringing in voters would be very much appreciated. :)

BrandSig_zpsf2e5098b.png

#13 Keita01

Keita01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 18:57

A) 6/10 For a "The Hulk" thing it's pretty good.

B) 5/10 I was really disappointed in this one. I'm a huge Wolverine fan and this pic just does not do him any justice.

c)6/10 Can't comment on the character aspect of it, not to sure which character this one is (I'm ashamed to say) but it's a pretty good pic as far as avatars go.

#14 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 14:45

6/10 Blending and depth are problems here

7.5/10 Nice and simple. Text could be better, I feel like the blurred subtext doesn't add anything

5.5/10 Those 'lightning brushes?' and splatter on background sucks. Theres not much blending going on with render/background

#15 beanopoly

beanopoly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:56

I'm ok with making this the last round.  Seem participation is kinda dead. :(

Ultron_zps605d70ae.png

Made by Chagryn

#16 Chagryn

Chagryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2015 - 18:23

participation is very very dead. 

BrandSig_zpsf2e5098b.png

#17 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 19:11

Honestly, after lots of GGTs, AotW, SotW, etc it tends to get boring. Although I like to check in once a while to see whats up with the graphics section, voting on few of the rounds were extremely tedious to me. I guess I'm not the only one that feels this way.

You did a great job Chagryn carrying this GGT all the way here, but maybe I'd avoid doing another or expecting the participation of a good amount of players

#18 beanopoly

beanopoly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 19:44

Is it done?

Ultron_zps605d70ae.png

Made by Chagryn

#19 Chagryn

Chagryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:30

Yea this is over. I will officially be announcing winners soon. (first thru 3rd)

BrandSig_zpsf2e5098b.png

#20 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:26

I'm absolutely sorry about how this went on.

Had a bad accident and was at the hospital for all this time.

Got out 2 days ago.

Hope everything is fixed. 

Seems Chag took over, thanks man.

I don't remember much about what was going on (some memory loss).

Seems I wrote in bio that pot was at 291 FSP but I guess it must be higher.

Will send 500 FSP to you right now for the pot Chag.

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: