Sadrea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:06

i wouldnt mind guild wars :o

Guild wars were so much fun.

I can still remember my first guild war just a couple of months after I joined TWP. I went from "omg what have I gotten myself into" to dropping my VL with glee in a short amount of time. 'Twas good times.

“Like I said before, your body is not a temple. It's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” - Anthony Bourdain

#22 Speedle

Speedle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Chile

Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:47

omg so many memories this isnt fair u.u the lottery was one of those memories, I still remember Shishkarg and my first guild Anti Guild Hopper, then the wars that we had in TTF vs WK etc...

I really miss Shishkarg, crndmoh, and many others

#23 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 01:08

I remember you pollux.  I remember Strykes spending so much for TEQ too.  I wouldn't have been able to max stam and xp gain had it not been for his investment.   In recent times I have really missed the old days.  I was never lonely then, there was always somebody to laugh and cut up with on the chat.  I had hoped that Global chat would be as lively, but it's not so much these days, except during office hours when BG is there.

I still Chat with Strykes these days, He no longer Games full stop. He was also my source for why Azuk ceased playing.As for game chat to me it does not serve any purpose. mostly nonsensical dross.

#24 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 14:37

The good old days - some of it was very good

#25 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:22

5 more month and that will make 10years for me :)

sigma_468x60.jpg

#26 SmoOke

SmoOke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 August 2019 - 20:33

been around for a while n had my 6 year badge for a while too bot sure exactly as there is no more badges after, one for 10 year vets id say is a must, im not as commited to FS nowaday wil life getting so firmly in my face but i can say for sure that i have not regreted any support for the game nore the developers, have been banned from cworld chat for like 3 years xD (no problem :)) wish i had more time and energy for this game now, will keep my account open and active till the day i bloody die.

also who remembers when buff tree was way more condensed, I only had eyes for that self doubler buff. (still no points in find item yet, never got round to it :P)

Edited by SmoOke, 29 August 2019 - 20:37.

#27 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 15:56

who remembers when buff tree was way more condensed, I only had eyes for that self doubler buff. 

this is from 2008

edit: this is back when fsp sold for 20k ish gold

find-buffers-fallen-sword.jpg

Edited by duktayp, 03 September 2019 - 16:12.

#28 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 18:57

I miss all those buffers.... I think only acvila is left....

I had such a crush on DaFlunk back then :P

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#29 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 23:56

Missed my 10 year anniversary. Came back during quarantine. 

Did you know that there are likely over 2000 rouge black holes in our galaxy alone. Each of them can reach very high speeds, even in space terms, are each capable of destroying anything in their path, and are invisible. Well, goodnight!

#30 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2020 - 01:16

Flippin' 'eck - just noticed that I'd just past my 12yr anniversary. 

Ah, the good old days when the game was fresh, vibrant and ever-evolving .. 

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#31 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 02:16

I turned 14 June 6th.  I've seen so many of you disappear into the ether.  It's nice to see folks returning.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#32 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:58

I turned 14 June 6th.  I've seen so many of you disappear into the ether.  It's nice to see folks returning.

Quit trying to add on the years BP... you only turned 13, you young'un you. ,oP But happy 13th! (o0

#33 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 15:25

playing FS on dial up

#34 valorsin

valorsin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 03:25

It's been a long time, to be honest. Still got this and couple other oldies saved in my backpack after I randomly decided to not use them.

Attached Thumbnails

• e555.png

#35 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 01:09

*looks at profile*

Yeah, I guess I have a 10 year pin. Man, buying buffs was a rip off back then.

#36 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:30

13 yrs for me in June - who'dda thunk the game would have lasted that long ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#37 Treelink

Treelink

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 16:40

I joined in January 2007, although that account unfortunately is long lost by now.

The skill tree only went to level 150.

It took me a LONG time to complete the level 5 quest: "Darmov's Fall", because the Elite critter only spawned once every half hour. And back then there were a lot of players at the same level as you, doing the same content. But only one guy would get the kill every half hour.

It was quite hard to always 1-hit mobs. Often I would accept that I would be 2-hitting while leveling.

At my 'peak' I was around level 70 with the best players just hitting level 100.

The auction house was introduced right around the time I joined.

I remember unique items being amazing. In the beginning there were no epics, no crystalline, no super elites and no legendaries. It was hard to kill the elite mobs without fancy pantsy buffs and legendary gear, and you only got to kill one every half hour, unless another player snatched the kill in front of you.

I remember the first legendary event. It was some kind of dragons, don't quite remember which. Frost and leaf dragons maybe. The dragon items felt so powerful, it was a new rarity, and the item-pictures had this cool aura around them. I remember it being near impossible to get any drop from the legendary dragons. I didn't get a drop at all. And only the richest players would be able to afford a full legendary set. These players were so epic at the time.

I remember using the old map. It was hard to navigate, but the world felt much bigger when all you could 'see' were the 8 adjacent fields. Now we can just run across a map in 10 seconds if we want to.

I remember "abusing" that if you could click all the mobs at your location before the whole page (!) would reload, then that would work, and you could kill things much faster, avoiding a lot of page reloads. There was no doubler of course. So a hunt would take a while.

I remember Librarian and Merchant being quite exclusive buffs that only few players had. And they were super (too) expensive to get for me.

I remember the frustrations of PM'ing players for buffs that were active 5 seconds ago only to watch time go by. Last active 1 minute ago. 3 minutes ago. 5 minutes ago. COME ON! Only to then buy buffs from another player. And then have the first player buff you and be like "Pay me, you requested the buffs!!!". Ya dafty, 20 minutes ago. I'm already half way done hunting.

I remember relics were hard to get, because there were only so few, and the big guilds would sit on them.

I remember always having a PvP rating that people would attack each other for.

I remember buying a piece of common gear in a shop, intending to actually use it because it was an improvement over the rare piece of gear that was getting out-leveled.

I remember "The Dark Stalkers" being amazing as guilds goes.

I had just 3 inventory slots for quite a while. The struggle was real. Especially when you needed the third slot for drops and quest items, you really only had 2 slots for storing stuff.

There were no "components".

You could add yourself as an "Enemy"

Edited by BigGrim, 24 June 2021 - 11:37.
Removed swearing.

#38 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:57

How about some recorded history Apr 5, 2008:

Edited by BadPenny, 24 June 2021 - 10:59.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#39 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 June 2021 - 03:50

Dang, I've been here for 13 years. Where did the time go?

#40 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 03:59

Dang, I've been here for 13 years. Where did the time go?

At some point you were having way too much fun and it flew out the window :P

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: