37 replies to this topic

#1 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 19:37

Ive seen an increase of artists returning, and making art, and was thinking to myself what is a fun way to keep us artists active on these forums still and again, and i thought about the fact people use to do competetions on all the time, well sadly there isn't a whole lot of people for that, but we could do them for fun? just to challenge ourselves?

Doesn't even really have to be a competetion we could just all get the same render, make a sig or avatar, and just compare at the end and see our different styles.

;3 Just an idea for any artists that want too. 

o7Yo7oJ.png

#2 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:47

I think we stopped at GGT 8 that chagryn won and beanopoly went second and I got third but we could barely complete it due to lack of activity, that was 2 or 3 years ago, don't know if we can do another now, not enough artists, not even AoTW and SoTW anymore :( would be good if we can bring back any of these

clock96.gif

#3 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:58

I think we stopped at GGT 8 that chagryn won and beanopoly went second and I got third but we could barely complete it due to lack of activity, that was 2 or 3 years ago, don't know if we can do another now, not enough artists, not even AoTW and SoTW anymore :( would be good if we can bring back any of these

I didn't mean prizees and such, or people to really judge us, its mainly just an idea for us artists to challenge each other, and enjoy each others art.

o7Yo7oJ.png

#4 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:39

I didn't mean prizees and such, or people to really judge us, its mainly just an idea for us artists to challenge each other, and enjoy each others art.

I don't see why we shouldn't :)

clock96.gif

#5 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:44

I don't see why we shouldn't :)

I really agree, i think we should atleast have 5 on board, so we can challenge each other, and have fun making avatars.

o7Yo7oJ.png

#6 SlntScream

SlntScream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 14:39

The way the old GOTW was ran is that we had one person to come up with the theme, hold the pot and keep track of the voting. That person cannot be an artist themselves, they must be truthworthy and unbiased to be fair.

Each artist sent a 1 fsp entry fee, the community voted, and the winner got the pot. Towards the end sometimes the pot was as little as 2 fsp, or no one entered at all because they weren't feeling the theme. It would be fun to do it again, but challenging to keep the artists & community interested.

TluddMk.png

#7 LadyPike

LadyPike

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 14:58

Please, no anime. I really have no idea what to do with it :P

aBnRRF9.png

#8 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 July 2017 - 17:58

So should we do it ?

clock96.gif

#9 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 19:42

I won't enter, cuz I get real competitive and go all kinds of crazy then, and I don't have time for that.... but I sure will watch and cheer you all on  :lol:  :P  ;)

og3DxyP.gif

#10 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 19:57

We could do the FSP pot thing if we want, i just didn't know if we'd have the voters around now adays, i just thought if we did it for fun, and to challenge ourselves it may be more fun and teach us more about stuff ^.^

o7Yo7oJ.png

#11 Ca1bas

Ca1bas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2017 - 19:34

I'm well keen for getting this back on the go

Used to love a good al signature comp haha

Even if it is just a few of us battling it out for nothing more than the fun of it :)

g5ymoD.png

#12 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 20:58

Im liking the interests, Who wants to be  the person to pick out renders for our competitions?.  It would bring some fun, some challenge, and honestly i just love seeing the artists active together, its how we keep this community alive :)

o7Yo7oJ.png

#13 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 21:07

I wanna, I wanna! lol ;D I have a few thousand renders on my comp... both downloaded and ones I have cleaned myself... if you guys want me to do it, I will post them one at a time for you to work on. 

I won't wanna participate in the competition myself like I said, so I can understand if you want someone else to post, and there will be NO hard feelings if you say no. :)

og3DxyP.gif

#14 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 21:17

I wanna, I wanna! lol ;D I have a few thousand renders on my comp... both downloaded and ones I have cleaned myself... if you guys want me to do it, I will post them one at a time for you to work on. 

I won't wanna participate in the competition myself like I said, so I can understand if you want someone else to post, and there will be NO hard feelings if you say no. :)

Im fine with you picking renders since you have a lot :), as long as everyone else is! 

o7Yo7oJ.png

#15 LadyPike

LadyPike

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 22:01

She is weird and to my liking. Her stocks are sometimes hard to work with. Trust me (would it kill you to be a girly girl, just for once?)  So, best person for the job. Go Mzz, go Mzz, go Mzz!

aBnRRF9.png

#16 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 22:02

She is weird and to my liking. Her stocks are sometimes hard to work with. Trust me (would it kill you to be a girly girl, just for once?)  So, best person for the job. Go Mzz, go Mzz, go Mzz!

Id prefer renders over stocks personally, but if i have to get into stocks ill do it lol.. I just hate cropping images out, takes a lot of unnecessary time 

o7Yo7oJ.png

#17 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 02 August 2017 - 00:46

can people not entering the comp contribute to pot and help advertise it ?

would be great to see these back up and running again

Edited by activeh1, 02 August 2017 - 00:46.

5aZzW0p.png,

#18 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 00:50

can people not entering the comp contribute to pot and help advertise it ?

would be great to see these back up and running again

Well i was considering making it just for fun, but if people want to do competitions again, and start raising pots and build the community back up im not against it, I feel like the life of these forums are on our shoulders as theres not many left of us, We need to do anything to keep it active <3 and i think all this life, shops, and auctions, and maybe even this competition can help it stay alive. 

o7Yo7oJ.png

#19 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 02 August 2017 - 00:53

ok im in then

5aZzW0p.png,

#20 Something Vulgar

Something Vulgar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:10

I'm down, should make a limit on entries though, last few i've seen everyones got 20+ entries haha

and just edit replace if you make a better one so the post stays clean and garners more interests.

So mzz chooses renders and theme and activeh holds the pot?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: