• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DARKELITE1

DARKELITE1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 01:13

Now we are approaching level 5000 I thought Id share Windbattles old thread on a prestige system and see what everyones opinions are on it. I personally think its a great Idea and really help the health of the game ,although there will be a few hurdles to get around.

https://forums.hunte...137&hl=prestige

Feedback and Ideas would be good to hear.

#2 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 02:19

a medal for eoc? why not.

as a mechanism to start over? why. better start over as an upgrade option with choice of level. note upgrade would affect rl vl LUP and skill points.

as mentioned in linked thread, needs a better name. like:
to eoc
endless journey
quest to the end

#3 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 06:02

It's still a terrible idea, just like it was when he first posted it for his own gain in mind.

I'd further argue, why do you care with 4000 odd levels ahead of you?

#4 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:33

Now we are approaching level 5000 I thought Id share Windbattles old thread on a prestige system and see what everyones opinions are on it. I personally think its a great Idea and really help the health of the game ,although there will be a few hurdles to get around.

https://forums.hunte...137&hl=prestige

Feedback and Ideas would be good to hear.

Yes if the prestieged players get a exp boost % and something else then why not, more activity overall in the game. Thus adding extra content for EOC that they so much crave and desire.

Edited by gapukas, 21 July 2021 - 09:35.

#5 DARKELITE1

DARKELITE1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 11:27

It's still a terrible idea, just like it was when he first posted it for his own gain in mind.

I'd further argue, why do you care with 4000 odd levels ahead of you?

Because it will actually give me an incentive to level. What am i meant to do when I reach EOC? Theres no rush for me. If there was more content to play through I would happily invest more time into levelling and into the game. Why do you think its a terrible idea?

#6 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 02:56

Because it will actually give me an incentive to level. What am i meant to do when I reach EOC? Theres no rush for me. If there was more content to play through I would happily invest more time into levelling and into the game. Why do you think its a terrible idea?

What more incentive than 4000 odd levels ahead of you do you need? In game you're free to level up and down as you wish without the dangling carrot of a dumb medal when content is still being implemented.

When that thread was created, granted things seemed a little slow on the development side. However the cows, as a business, with other irons in the fire have never promised content to match player stam bank accumulation. Which lets face it was the reason behind the original post. 'I'm bored, watch me go round again while we wait and get a 'look how much on max stam I spent' medal for it' see below.

nQ2asx1.gif

Personally, I'd rather let a stoat chew my left arm off than do all that again.

That's why it's a terrible idea. In my opinion of course.

#7 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 15:36

con: doesn't seem easy to code.

what level is end of content?
new realms only? eoc usually applies to more levels.
last 300 levels? allowing player a to sit at 299 levels from eoc, leveling with new content to new 299th level. player b levels within the 300 levels so not outside 300 range when new content is introduced. player a get ticks for medal advancement, while player b though closer to "true" eoc does not.
just last 300 levels? (no need to level into eoc range) so, player can sit and do nothing, getting ticks with new content. yes, there are medals that allow for that. guild medal gives info time in guild. annual service encourages player to return. sitting at eoc collecting ticks doesn't seem right.

pro: eoc players hold a place of awe in fs, but no record of accomplishment. eoc is not static, being at eoc today doesn't mean one will be at eoc in the future.
obviously, would not retroactively apply.

#8 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 July 2021 - 21:33

eoc players hold a place of awe in fs, but no record of accomplishment.

We have two ways of showing someones accomplishments 1 Top 250 Players(medal reward) and 2 Number 1 Player(medal reward). The benefits of these medals are extra duration to potions when using pride. You can gain more info on the player by viewing their profile and looking at their medals and much work they put into them.

Not for it or against the idea. Don't really care but I thought I'd share the two systems thats already in place.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#9 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 23:30

We have two ways of showing someones accomplishments 1 Top 250 Players(medal reward) and 2 Number 1 Player(medal reward). The benefits of these medals are extra duration to potions when using pride. You can gain more info on the player by viewing their profile and looking at their medals and much work they put into them.

Not for it or against the idea. Don't really care but I thought I'd share the two systems thats already in place.

counter:
so, for 1 does not count 251st player and is not a permanent unchangeable record.

for 2 treating eoc as a wide range top 1, 10, or 100 would not count all those considered eoc, see 1.

nice effort though, two good points.

#10 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 July 2021 - 02:39

counter:
so, for 1 does not count 251st player and is not a permanent unchangeable record.

for 2 treating eoc as a wide range top 1, 10, or 100 would not count all those considered eoc, see 1.

nice effort though, two good points.

i don't understand... do you want top 1000? its already an accomplishments reaching 250... i don't get your point

sigma_468x60.jpg

#11 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 03:41

i don't understand... do you want top 1000? its already an accomplishments reaching 250... i don't get your point

point would be to cover all who could fall in the range known as eoc. this is a problem, bc:
ex. is 4300 eoc? some would argue yes, some would argue no.

in your two choices, the 250 are not all counted in top medal. if both are valid then they do not support each other. the 250 list gives 250 for eoc, while the medals at most give 210 for eoc.

#12 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 04:10

EOC stands for End Of Content.  Currently, the last level of content is 4800 so players at 4800 or above are at EOC, not anything below that.  Sorry I have to spell it out but it seems you don't understand this most basic of concepts.

Screenshot everything!

#13 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 13:17

end of the road can mean still on road but see the end of the road.

end of the day means day not over but coming to an end.

this is a basic concept. your argument is flawed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: