Photo

World 2?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Good idea? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Good idea?

1. Yeah! (5 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. No! (19 votes [76.00%])

Percentage of vote: 76.00%

3. Don't care either way! (1 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

Vote

#21 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:26

armybeans,

Thats actually maybe a better idea you know :)

#22 gothador_nyt

gothador_nyt
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:26

I think that the idea has merit IF a few things can be established from the starting point. I also believe that it could be a nice thing IF established supporters can get some nice monetary breaks for keeping characters on both servers.

I can see where people wouldn't want to switch, because they have achieved what they want to. I can also see how it would worry people who have worked so hard to get where they are at, only to feel like they are getting shifted to the wayside. I'm torn on where to stand, only because I can see how they are feeling, but I am also a large fan of progression and growth.

I honestly feel that people might be more inclined to at least try it out if they weren't meant to feel like "World 1" would die out for lack of interest.

#23 Pidge

Pidge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:27

armybeans,

Go with it then hoof and put all the effort of the new world into updates and invasions for us here

#24 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:28

I can see benefits and drawbacks both. Benefit, clean slate everyone even. Drawback, in three years will it be in the same situation as Goth is now?

Benefit: Another challenge
Drawback: if its the same, i can't see why, unless a total new player, or as someone said, mid to lower level, would want to start over and have the same thing as here... I'm not sure that came out clear, but...

Benefit: Something new
Drawback: Something old at the same time.

Benefit: Lighter server loads
Drawback: The total fear that the original is going to die.

Benefit: Cost?
Drawback: What is invested here. I mean sure, MM will stay here, why wouldn't she? But will someone else, or even me, be able to start an MM over there and the original stay here?

I think I see where you're heading in a way because its done on many other games and is great, but there are problems with it at the same time. The other games that I play do have new servers all the time, but I know very little about them.

You said that we would have the same forum but no other interaction with 'them' is it going to become a 'them' vs 'us'?

I think my biggest fear is loosing what we do already have here and what can be with gothador #1. I haven't voted yet, am still thinking on it.

#25 Bluehaze43

Bluehaze43

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:30

I must say, not a big fan of this idea myself for the following reasons...

I do not see where this benefits anyone who is currently playing the game, with the rare exception to those newer folk who want a fresh start (or for those who have really buggered up characters).

Everyone will be starting with an equal chance of levelling up, but without the "natural progression" of additions and realms and invasions, it seems a bit awkward. I mean all of the existing enchantments and items are there to be had, just a matter of who has the money to spend on speed to get there first. There would not be much of a challenge to getting to where the game already is, because everything has been figured out (except for the Trophy quest, which the start and level restriction have been determined) by us thus far. It would seem the only way to get to the top in world 2 is by spending a ton of cash and levelling your brains out (whichever sub-class you choose), with not much of a mental challenge to it at all.
Posted Image

"Well I talk loud, and carry a bigger stick! And I use it too!" - Yosemite Sam

#26 gothador_chunkymonke

gothador_chunkymonke
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:30

armybeans,

Go with it then hoof and put all the effort of the new world into updates and invasions for us here

i really like this guys thinking do eeeeeeeeeeet hooooooooooooofy baby :D

#27 gothador_chunkymonke

gothador_chunkymonke
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:32

I do not see where this benefits anyone who is currently playing the game, with the rare exception to those newer folk who want a fresh start (or for those who have really buggered up characters).

why do i get the feeling bayer will agree and want world 2 :lol:

#28 granberry

granberry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:34

no offense Hoof but where's the fun in having to start a new supportership again to do everything all over again ? it's not like there's going to be new stuff to be found there right ? sure, we get the chance to become a top ranking char but would be about the only benefit. (and a short lived one considering the enthousiasme of some players :wink: ) interaction between worlds is non-existent as I read it so that's no bonus and having players from both worlds in one forum would only get confusing I think.

if there's going to be a new world build with the exact same stuff as we've got now, why not extract all the current users with their current stats, replace world 1 with world 2, called it Gothador 2.0 and put the users back in and give those who have played for 3 years a good clean server to play with? I don't think anyone would mind a prolonged period of downtime if it ment all the bugs would be gone after that.

and what about the content updates ? sure, they will be updated simultanously on both worlds but those still in world 1 will still have to put up with some bugs and undoubtely bugs will appear in world 2 as well, it's just in the nature of software, bugs WILL appear and then you'll have 2 worlds to put extra work in. that's time better spend downing a pint or 2 I would say, got your best interests in mind here Hoofie :wink:

so...it's a definite no answer on my part.

#29 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:38

Hmmmm how about this idea...or along these lines anyways....

All new players start on Gothador1. What you say? the same thing? Sorta.... but they would not have all the upper players whinging them, beating them to invasion critters, doing quests and shutting them out and smashing them in PvP and I wont even go into what happens in invasions. But what about the 'old players' those of us who have been here forever?

More XX amount of the top XXX players to the new realm. New worlds, new quests, new critters etc.

#30 gothador_grandmaster

gothador_grandmaster
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:39

I think a seperate world is a great idea. This one would still have all the clout. It would take a long time for the economy over there to pick up. The better invasion gear would still only be available over here. The high level vials would not be available in world 2 until someone got a miner up to that level. No high level characters to power level us up. World 2 would take a long time to build up to the status that this one is at. If anything, my fear would be that world 2 might not keep the same interest as world 1. but I would like the chance to start a character in a whole new world, and I think this idea is definitely worth a shot.

#31 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:39

Oh and for new players...there IS hope of getting there if they manage to get into the top XXXX. It would have to be worked out what would happen if you are on the fence in levels and all that but still.....

#32 gothador_nyt

gothador_nyt
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:41

You know... if HCS is really contemplating giving people a chance to start over their characters, perhaps that should become a quest of some sort. I'm sure that some of the fabulous quest writers could come up with some quest for a character that is 4th tier to complete that could give them the chance to reset their character, or to keep it exactly as it is?

I can tell that most people, myself included, are going to want to keep their characters here. I'm all for change, but I also know how people feel about their characters as well. Maybe a quest where all level up points, character class and character subclass and skill points could be changed. The character could keep all of their XP and level up points and essentially go back and choose another subclass, then go through the paths to become another class.

There would have to be a series of quests for character change, as all of the 4th tier stuff, as well as 3rd tier would have been done, thus giving the character itself the basic "knowledge" of each class. But I'd imagine that we'd need 6 separate quests, one for each 4th tier class, and the character could choose any one and be infused with the "Knowledge of Life and Death" or something like that and... boom, transformation from Infernal to Celestial, or whatever their former class was to the new class.

Sounds like I'm rambling again, but there's a few thoughts for you that would keep everyone happy, even those poor people that put their Advanced Skill Points into the stuff they'll never use again.

#33 gothador_grandmaster

gothador_grandmaster
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:42

and the competition would be so much fun on a new world. All the kill x amount of creature quests that would have a lot of people going after them at the same time.

#34 gothador_armybeans

gothador_armybeans
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:44

After thinking this over, I def don't see 2 worlds working. How many people are gonna be able to pump the massive amounts of aps into building a miner in new world that can make do the top bars.

Most people use speed they have acquired with their main char to help support the new miners until they reach the top.army for almost 2 years mined and smelted almost exclusively with occasional boosting.

If I was having to buy usps to build up a new mage, there is no way I could afford to boost a miner also to be able to get to the top bars. How many miner mains are there in gothador who can say they don't play another char also, and occasionally gotten help from other char.

#35 shannanan

shannanan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:45

Hmmmm how about this idea...or along these lines anyways....

All new players start on Gothador1. What you say? the same thing? Sorta.... but they would not have all the upper players whinging them, beating them to invasion critters, doing quests and shutting them out and smashing them in PvP and I wont even go into what happens in invasions. But what about the 'old players' those of us who have been here forever?

More XX amount of the top XXX players to the new realm. New worlds, new quests, new critters etc.

so your saying once you get in the top ranks, you have to leave?

I know the big guys aint going to walk away and desert thier chars here, to make it easier on new guys.

If it was possible to interact between worlds, then i would like it, or at least understand the point.

But all your doing is starting a NEW gothador, just like this one..with the same updates and everything. whats the difference between that and just creating a NEW char here?

#36 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:46

Ok, maybe it should be at a certain level rather than a certain ranking, but ....... basically goth1 gets the new players without the hassle of someone thousands of levels above them stopping them from having fun. those who are high level get to move on to new and more challenging content for their own level. And no moving between worlds...once you make it so far, you're there. I couldn't bring MM back and kill 10 million rats again etc

#37 gothador_grandmaster

gothador_grandmaster
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:47

exactly, we wouldn't see miners mining the top bars for a long time. We would be forced to use other vials and items to get quests done and obtain vials. When is the last time the majority of us desperately needed top bars? I can't recall a time. A lot of miners are just automatically there. The world 2 would take a long time to build up and that is the fun part.

#38 gothador_chunkymonke

gothador_chunkymonke
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:48

you could even make a top 250 which is what most people get too and then give up make show them what it feels like to be in the top 100 retreive all them xp modifiers and make them battle to the top :twisted:

#39 gothador_armybeans

gothador_armybeans
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:49

gmc, if you want to build a char with out any of those benefits, why not just do it here? Create a char and don't accept help from anyone. Just do it all on your own. No need to create a new world.

#40 shannanan

shannanan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:49

well, seeing how we couldn't interact between worlds,

You'd have to walk away and leave your char that you have worked all this time on. put all that love into.

no thanks, I may not be a high ranked and level char, but I will not walk off and start over, just to give a noob a break.

Like Army said, if you want to start over, then do it here..and build it from the ground up with out a helping hand

I've done that...its quite fun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: