#41 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 December 2009 - 14:23

I don't think anyone is actually reading what I wrote. All I see is sidestepping questions and repeating things I've said in a more begrudging manner. Vaprak, you started this game years after many of us and we don't have or don't use the money you do for this game. You are fantastic and uber special and we should all feel inferior to you since you don't need the xp/ap ratio the rest of us have since you have an exhorbitant amount of USPs. Others, myself included, do not. Now to await the next drunken Uriah post.

#42 uriahheap

uriahheap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 14:50

out of boredom,i decided to read the long posts and noticed something along the lines of "how does a mage build for PvP exactly" or something like that,well,usually,when a mage decides s/he wants to build up for a big pvp person,they usually cut back on their MP a bit,increaseing atk,usually increaseing their def as they would to lvl,sometimes a bit more,but of course,that sets them at a disadvantage because they need to go back and heal their MP more often than normal while hunting,but it is their choice to build that way,orrrr,they would be smart and become either an elf (so they cant be located) or undead (for their unholy terror) so that they dont need as much def.

(now lets see how many complaints i get :mrgreen: )

:idea: *gasps* :idea: Oh nose. Are you saying that if they so choose they can sacrifice one attribute to be better at PvP? This is a travesty. The by-laws of magery state that it is impossible to be good at PvP. According to some that is. :roll:

TBA- EXACTLY! This was my succinct point when I was speaking of Ax. Thanks for elaborating for the masses that may not be familiar with him.

This is not comparable to a warrior leveling attack to be better in PvP.

If a warrior can get his or her attack above the defence of a mage, then every hit from that warrior goes through to the mage. Around 35K you should be doing 200K plus damage, which is enough to kill me with one hit. In all likelyhood, you'd only need to get to 70% of my defence because of true strike, as I am not likely to kill a warrior half my size in four casts, if they bother with resistances.

I could have 200K defense, but when it came down to PvP, I still have to beat someone's resistances. Against 98%, I need an anti-res to do 14K damage. Even if I get the overcharge, that's still only 140K, and no warrior my size has that few hp, vialed. I suppose I could chase someone around and cast at them 50 times to get the kill, but even there they have the 2% chance to hit, and likely kill me.

The bottom line is that a warrior can choose to be more effective at PvP than a mage can. You can build to actually kill me, and I am forced to build so that you have a hard time hitting me. I can never achieve the point where I can get the 98% chance to kill someone of a comparable level and vial.

Speaking of Darwin, there are many warriors above 35K who seem to have found the ability to put level ups into things other than damage to suit their style of play. More than one can easily hit any mage in the game through the increase to their attack, and many have put unreasonable amounts into HP, although that is likely to keep them safe from each other. If you can't figure out how to play the game at 35k, perhaps it is time to bow out yourself.

#43 uriahheap

uriahheap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 14:57

I don't think anyone is actually reading what I wrote. All I see is sidestepping questions and repeating things I've said in a more begrudging manner. Vaprak, you started this game years after many of us and we don't have or don't use the money you do for this game. You are fantastic and uber special and we should all feel inferior to you since you don't need the xp/ap ratio the rest of us have since you have an exhorbitant amount of USPs. Others, myself included, do not. Now to await the next drunken Uriah post.

Huh? PvP should be changed to suit you because you have no money, or choose not to spend it on this game?

#44 blacqmath

blacqmath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 December 2009 - 16:16

Just out of curiosity, which mages are you all trying to kill in PvP? There aren't that many mages left in the game do to the overwhelming bias vials have towards warriors, so it's not like we are crowding the realms and attacking warriors day and night. I think you warriors should be focusing on something more constructive. Just my 2 gp worth.

Siggycopy_zpsee681d02.png

Gothador - Devilishly Addictive! Play online now for free!

http://www.gothador....x.php?ref=69708

#45 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 December 2009 - 21:08

Just out of curiosity, which mages are you all trying to kill in PvP? There aren't that many mages left in the game do to the overwhelming bias vials have towards warriors, so it's not like we are crowding the realms and attacking warriors day and night. I think you warriors should be focusing on something more constructive. Just my 2 gp worth.

I mentioned this. Given both are unvialed, mages are nearly always the victors. Vialed, mages have no chance. This has been my point for, I don't know, a week? Think someone will finally figure it out?

#46 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 December 2009 - 21:14

Huh? PvP should be changed to suit you because you have no money, or choose not to spend it on this game?

When someone has 8 characters and power levels all of them, what do they care about xp/ap ratio? That's like the people who worry about the repair bills on a Ferrari. If you can afford a Ferrari, the repair bill is paltry. If someone else has a classic Camaro as their every day driver, they're going to take a bit more care to ensure it has all the pieces running at their peak.

#47 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 December 2009 - 21:17

neither my mage nor my warrior have problems in pvp,

So why are you involved in this conversation?

#48 Howard The Duck

Howard The Duck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 21:33

When someone has 8 characters and power levels all of them, what do they care about xp/ap ratio? That's like the people who worry about the repair bills on a Ferrari. If you can afford a Ferrari, the repair bill is paltry. If someone else has a classic Camaro as their every day driver, they're going to take a bit more care to ensure it has all the pieces running at their peak.

well firstly i have more chars then that, but i only lvl 3 of them, and more over then that i always go with the best xp/ap ratios. and seeing as you only run a warrior i wouldnt expect you to see both sides to the matter, and just because your warrior is not built properly for pvp doesnt mean the game needs to change to suit you, try doing as everyone else does and build your char to suit the game. you whine cause you die against a mage half your lvl, but you wont do anything to fix the issue. if you had a decent attack you would not have this problem. you should feel lucky that hcs doesnt think they need to increase the def given to the vials to be equal with the attack given to them. otherwise if they did you would for sure die against a mage every time rather they are 1/2 your lvl or even 1/4th your lvl.

neither my mage nor my warrior have problems in pvp,

So why are you involved in this conversation?

i am in this because i have 1 of every subclass and im giving feedback as it is called the feedback section. hcs needs more mages imput in here because it seems to be kinda 1 sided atm and all the rest of you warriors seem to want to complain that you are being treated unfairly in pvp. maybe that is the case maybe its not, i dont see how you can think you are being mistreated, but so what if you are. GET OVER IT! do as everyone else does and build your char around the game. you want to kill mages then put lvls into att, you want to die then put them all into def as you have done so for the most part already.

on a final note to everyone reading this forum rather posting or not:

look at all the vials out there today, every vial that is good for hunting is warrior based, it has mega att and dmg, but little to no def with mega wisdom.
if hcs would remove some of the wisdom from the vials, say like 200 or so wisdom and add like 100 more to def increase on the vials then i am sure it would be equal playing field or as close to it as you can get as far as warriors and mages are concerned.

#49 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 December 2009 - 21:41

well firstly i have more chars then that, but i only lvl 3 of them, and more over then that i always go with the best xp/ap ratios. and seeing as you only run a warrior i wouldnt expect you to see both sides to the matter, and just because your warrior is not built properly for pvp doesnt mean the game needs to change to suit you, try doing as everyone else does and build your char to suit the game. you whine cause you die against a mage half your lvl, but you wont do anything to fix the issue. if you had a decent attack you would not have this problem. you should feel lucky that hcs doesnt think they need to increase the def given to the vials to be equal with the attack given to them. otherwise if they did you would for sure die against a mage every time rather they are 1/2 your lvl or even 1/4th your lvl.

i am in this because i have 1 of every subclass and im giving feedback as it is called the feedback section. hcs needs more mages imput in here because it seems to be kinda 1 sided atm and all the rest of you warriors seem to want to complain that you are being treated unfairly in pvp. maybe that is the case maybe its not, i dont see how you can think you are being mistreated, but so what if you are. GET OVER IT! do as everyone else does and build your char around the game. you want to kill mages then put lvls into att, you want to die then put them all into def as you have done so for the most part already.

on a final note to everyone reading this forum rather posting or not:

look at all the vials out there today, every vial that is good for hunting is warrior based, it has mega att and dmg, but little to no def with mega wisdom.
if hcs would remove some of the wisdom from the vials, say like 200 or so wisdom and add like 100 more to def increase on the vials then i am sure it would be equal playing field or as close to it as you can get as far as warriors and mages are concerned.

1) You said the exact opposite not 2 posts ago.
2) It's not like I've never run a mage before. I have, but when the perma subs were taken away I stopped.
3) I am giving feedback, but I'm not contradicting myself every other post. If your mage does well in PvP what are you talking about?
4) FOR FRICKING FRACKS SAKE I HAVE SAID THIS LIKE 20 FRUCKING TIMES

#50 blacqmath

blacqmath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 21:49

I think the warrior vs. mage PvP discussion needs to be dropped. There are simply not enough mages in the game to make it worthwhile.

#51 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 December 2009 - 22:33

no i said that in order for you too be able to kill mages you would have to sacrafice some of your xp/ap. and as xp/ap ratio is different for every char then my statement is technically correct in all manners as i hunt the best xp/ap for my char not someone elses.
as far as you running a mage i doubt you have ran a mage that is bigger then 20k probably more so that you havent ran a mage over 10k so i seriously doubt you know what the hell your talking about when it comes to mages. however every other mage that is over 20k and that includes myself as well, know what we are talking about.
and if you have said that the vials are all warrior based then whats the point of you bitching in here for, your whining because you have to drink a vial that is so fucking cheap you cant give it away to kill a mage that doesnt even have a decent vial. you really are ignorant as they come i tell you.

I'm ignorant? Next time you decide to hold a match of wits, it might be better if you try to use grammar, punctuation, and a dictionary. This is not, and never has been a matter of personal nature to which deserves UNCALLED FOR INSULTS.
I'm not even going to reply to the "bigger then 20k" mage question because simply put it doesn't matter. Why?

100. Name Copropathy Level 19081

This game, whether you believe it or not is not solely for the top 100 players. The POINT of me BITCHING is that I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO VIAL UP to kill mages 1/2 my size. That's level 15k, not 20k. If you want to BITCH about mages needing vials, there's a THREAD FOR THAT.

#52 Howard The Duck

Howard The Duck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 22:39

no i said that in order for you too be able to kill mages you would have to sacrafice some of your xp/ap. and as xp/ap ratio is different for every char then my statement is technically correct in all manners as i hunt the best xp/ap for my char not someone elses.
as far as you running a mage i doubt you have ran a mage that is bigger then 20k probably more so that you havent ran a mage over 10k so i seriously doubt you know what the hell your talking about when it comes to mages. however every other mage that is over 20k and that includes myself as well, know what we are talking about.
and if you have said that the vials are all warrior based then whats the point of you bitching in here for, your whining because you have to drink a vial that is so fucking cheap you cant give it away to kill a mage that doesnt even have a decent vial. you really are ignorant as they come i tell you.

I'm ignorant? Next time you decide to hold a match of wits, it might be better if you try to use grammar, punctuation, and a dictionary. This is not, and never has been a matter of personal nature to which deserves UNCALLED FOR INSULTS.
I'm not even going to reply to the "bigger then 20k" mage question because simply put it doesn't matter. Why?

100. Name Copropathy Level 19081

This game, whether you believe it or not is not solely for the top 100 players. The POINT of me BITCHING is that I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO VIAL UP to kill mages 1/2 my size. That's level 15k, not 20k. If you want to BITCH about mages needing vials, there's a THREAD FOR THAT.

if you put more into attack then a few k you wouldnt have to vial to kill them. and thats not a 20k mage its 19k.
and i wasnt bitching about them needing vials i was bitching about you bitching because you dont know how the fuck to build a char. if you did you wouldnt be bitching about it you would suck it up and get over it.

#53 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 December 2009 - 22:41

I think the key to the mage/warrior issue is that a mage always hits (as long as spell doesn't fail). Therefore they can kill anything (ok AP cost may be high, due to low damage), whereas a warrior has to overcome def. But the problem is that with the wisdom boosts the mages have got recently there has been no additional warrior defence against sorcery. So to be able to hunt in peace a warrior has to have a lot of HP.

Mages on the other hand have the problem that when they start reaching high levels, they struggle to have enough MP to hunt effectively - I know with a 30K mage a dozen kills is about all my MP bar can take, then we have the problem of having to put levels into at least DEf if not AC.

So warriors have to put levels into HP to survive mage attacks, mages have to put levels into def to avoid getting hit. Hmmm different stat but doesn't seemed too unbalanced from a pvp standpoint - its the levelling aspect that hurts mages. Just my 5c worth ;)

#54 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 December 2009 - 22:44

if you put more into attack then a few k you wouldnt have to vial to kill them. and thats not a 20k mage its 19k.
and i wasnt bitching about them needing vials i was bitching about you bitching because you dont know how the ****** to build a char. if you did you wouldnt be bitching about it you would suck it up and get over it.

When's the last time you looked at my base stats bright guy? Your bitching about me bitching makes you the bitch. You know how to ******* use the shift key, so start capitalizing and use an apostrophe here and there, huh? What about a level 10k warrior vs a level 5k mage? I know it may be difficult for you to grasp, but there are characters out there that aren't in the top 100.

#55 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 December 2009 - 22:47

I think the key to the mage/warrior issue is that a mage always hits (as long as spell doesn't fail). Therefore they can kill anything (ok AP cost may be high, due to low damage), whereas a warrior has to overcome def. But the problem is that with the wisdom boosts the mages have got recently there has been no additional warrior defence against sorcery. So to be able to hunt in peace a warrior has to have a lot of HP.

Mages on the other hand have the problem that when they start reaching high levels, they struggle to have enough MP to hunt effectively - I know with a 30K mage a dozen kills is about all my MP bar can take, then we have the problem of having to put levels into at least DEf if not AC.

So warriors have to put levels into HP to survive mage attacks, mages have to put levels into def to avoid getting hit. Hmmm different stat but doesn't seemed too unbalanced from a pvp standpoint - its the levelling aspect that hurts mages. Just my 5c worth ;)

I've always been a staunch supporter of the idea that mages have a harder time leveling. But yes, there's no new defense against sorcery. How awful would that be?

#56 blacqmath

blacqmath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 22:48

Well said. Execpt the part where you say warriors have to have certain stats to hunt in peace. I challenge you to name a mage or two that attacks warriors.

#57 uriahheap

uriahheap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 23:09

Everyone has to put points into HP to keep from being killed by everyone else. I'm sure you are attacked by more warriors than mages, so needing more HP is not a warriors versus mages issue. As to it not being too imbalanced, well, how's the idea that warriors get three HP per level up compared to a mage? I suppose also that hunting vials with 1000% HP should be considered as "nothing new" in protection against sorcery? You guys saw fizz's post- the top mage can't do more than 200K per hit against someone who is equipped properly. Even were he to level to 100K, his damage wouldn't be anywhere near enough to kill a big warrior, and at that level the warriors are doing 600K per hit.

It isn't fair like it is right now. I think if you read most mage's requests, they just want enough D on a hunting vial to be left in peace. We been down so long...

#58 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 December 2009 - 23:10

now your saying its about people other then top 100, make up your fucking mind. and as for fixing my punctuation i dont think i will because i dont care that much about it. and as for looking at your stats i could really care less what they are, because the simple fact remains it wouldnt matter rather it was my 20k miner, my 35k mage, or my 78k warrior you would still die.

When did I say it had to be top 100? When was that the issue? And oh noes I'll die. You have be afeared. LOL.

#59 uriahheap

uriahheap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 23:11

Language, Vaprak.

#60 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 December 2009 - 23:19

Language, Vaprak.

LOL, you know you done messed up when Uriah is reeling you in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: