Losing a Legend

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 gothador_grandmaster

gothador_grandmaster
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:20

For those of you in the states who wanted to donate here's a link to Andor's obituary with details of how to donate to a memorial fund for his daughters.
http://www.tulsaworl...Ob_obsl_8134834

where? the floralhaven site? umm is there a more permanent account we can donate to, paypal, etc? I know his (wife? or was it an ex, i didn't know him at all
? surely he has a good brother/family member)

There is an address to mail payments to on that site. I also have a paypal account and would gladly take any donations to his memorial. I actually work at the bank that has the memorial fund set up for him, so it would be pretty easy for me to get the money to the memorial. email me at curt303@gmail.com and we can go from there.

#42 Blyss

Blyss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 13:40

:cry:

May his family only hurt for as long as they have to, and remember him as the amazing person he was.

Goodbye Andor.

#43 gothador_nyarlathote

gothador_nyarlathote
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:03

I had only been thinking of the ol' gang and old times just a couple of weeks ago, and then I was told about this. :(

Andy/Andor was always warm, friendly and made me feel welcome (as did many of you).
We seemed to have a similar sense of humour and I always looked forward to his posts and replies.
The world needs more people like him!

R.I.P. Andy - The Grand Pooh Bah!!
His profile is still correct... Location: Somewhere.... Kicking Ass

Many thanks to the lovely Mekare for letting me know and linking me here.
I just wish it didn't take so long to remember my password.
:(

#44 ROXATHA

ROXATHA

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Spain

Posted 07 September 2011 - 00:00

I just came to pay respects to the great man Andor/Andy was. His laughs, the warm of his hearth won't fade so easily.

Rest in peace my friend.

#45 gothador_mortll

gothador_mortll
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:59

docsooty: "llora told me about Andor's passing and even though I didn't know him very well I am still saddened by this tragic event. As was said early in the thread, it is a shame that we see all these old names popping up only when something bad happens. My thoughts are with his family."

#46 gothador_mangeymutt

gothador_mangeymutt
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2011 - 19:15

I never wanted to come back to the Gothador forum like this, but I wanted to share the sad news that our friend (and many, many others') Andy died last night in a car accident. Gothador knew him as Andor, and he was the funniest and greatest guy I ever knew here. He taught me the ropes and tricks-of-the-trade, asked me to be a part of the greatest group of people I've ever known online, and gave me some of the happiest moments the internet could ever hope to offer.

Some of you hopefully may remember his birthday party in 2006...I forget who opened the doors, but I remember Mange played the greatest disco set on the radio and my hangover lasted for a few days. Here's a screenshot I've always hung onto (but a .gif would serve it much better)...

Posted Image

and because I'm feeling really sentimental coming back here, a picture of his old avatar...I hope his character is still floating around out there somewhere...

Posted Image

I'm really going to miss him....because of Andy, Gothador will always have a much warmer, fuzzier place in my heart.

~GmbH

Many times I have told people about Gothador and this Disco realm and I sooo remember this party for Andy's Bday.. It was about the best online expirence I've ever had with friends.. This was also the first radio show I did where the DJ server was maxed out.. Just an example of how many friends Andy had, how well liked he was. Andy was more than just a culti of ours, JadedHope and I used to talk to him on the phone all the time, he had become a real friend.. He will be truely missed, but never forgotten by those who had the pleasure and honor of knowing him.

Mange

#47 gothador_kin

gothador_kin
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2012 - 21:51

It truly saddened and shocked me when truffle told me about his passing. I was in disbelief as were many others, and even today I still miss him dearly. When I first joined gothador he was always catching me and killing me but as many know he was generous and would often leave gifts of items or gold when he killed you hehe. Later in the game he became a cultmate and valued friend who always helped out whenever he could. My heart goes out to his family and friends and we will all miss a very great guy.

#48 numenor

numenor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 20:27

Sigh, just doing my "every 6 months" logging into make sure i'm not deleted thing, only to find this. this stinks, sorry for the loss. I remember him very well, did a few trades with him. i remember wasting an entire day at work just trying to scrape together enough stuff to trade to get the full assassin gear waaaay back in the day.

those were good times...

#49 Jem

Jem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 16:40

One year today. Rest in peace my friend <3

#50 gothador_grimgrot

gothador_grimgrot
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:41

I didn't even know him that well, yet just knowing this has brought me to tears. What I do remember though, was that he was one of the funnest people on this forum, and one of the few who didn't bully me that much!

Does anyone know how his family have been coping since the accident?

#51 Malachi

Malachi

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 17:22

Damn, I got an email to merge my accounts and started looking around memory lane and come across this thread.

Had a lot of great time with Andy, I miss ALL of my gothador friends.

#52 Polar Bear

Polar Bear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2012 - 17:13

Sad news!
Once a Bear, always a Bear!

#53 Songwoven

Songwoven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:33

Wow, just saw this. I was at that party... So sad to hear!

#54 alianya

alianya

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:05

One year today. Rest in peace my friend <3

I cant believe a year and more has passed. :(
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users