• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Alioth1

Alioth1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 17:41

With the top prize in Arena now only 80 Tokens(320,000 gold if converted) for 16 person tournaments and 40(160,000 gold) for 8 person was just wondering if now would be good time to get rid of the 25% rule as there is no longer big prizes that guilds could monopolize?...I play now just for the fun of testing my set-ups and moves against others and the addiction fix...It might even make Arena run quicker as I've seen some of the ones at EOC take 2 to 3 days to fill....and even if not in favour of getting rid of the 25% rule,how about a message telling you that said tournament is guild locked,how many times have players got kitted up and managed their moves only to be told that the tournament has reached guild maximum of 25% participation?....I would like to hear the communities insight and feedback on this....Aloth1 =)

#2 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 February 2015 - 18:03

Agreed, remove the 25% rule...where else in the game is a guild's participation in an activity limited by a percentage?

#3 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 18:22

I think it should stay as it is..so it does not promote cheating / exploitation...and before you say how can that be? there are others that are already scheming up ways..it always happens..I don't see the problem with the rule staying as is..so many arenas to enter..you can make arrragements with guildmates which to enter..and if you have a member that plays all..maybe that is more where the problem lies

#4 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2015 - 18:36

I think it should stay as it is..so it does not promote cheating / exploitation...and before you say how can that be? there are others that are already scheming up ways..it always happens..I don't see the problem with the rule staying as is..so many arenas to enter..you can make arrragements with guildmates which to enter..and if you have a member that plays all..maybe that is more where the problem lies

- Coming from someone in a guild with a low amount of arena players.

I've said this so many times. People don't even play arena anymore so why would there be cheating? The entering cost of arena doesn't even allow people to make a profit, even if 8 members from one guild were to join the same tourney. So sick of people crying on this about people 'cheating'. The methods of cheating that you are listing can still happen with the current 25% rule. Just get your friends from your other guilds to enter the arena gearless and you win the prize. Blah blah blah. The 25% rule was put in because prizes like the bothild stone, boar tusks, other expensive items were EASILY won and a lot of people were desperate to win these. Now, with the current arena token prizes, it's just not worth it anymore. Most people saying the rule is fine, are from guilds with little or no arena players.

And don't think about replying 'if you're that passionate about playing the arena, then leave your guild to join a smaller one'. Whatever guild you are in shouldn't restrict what you can do in this game. All aspects of this game should be available to play for everyone, especially when the arena is a lot fairer than it used to be.

#5 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2015 - 18:36

the 25% rule is there to avoid the possibility of players in one guild being able to "rig" tournaments.

#6 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 18:41

thanks davros..someone who understands about cheating..most want to change the rules so they can dominate ..and keeping the rule the same will stop that..that is why they made the rule in the first place..because people were cheating..only get tired of hearing about cheating if it spoils your plans to

#7 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 18:45

also there are many who play arena in my guild..I try to let the lower level players join those arenas..I have been entering ones out of their reach..so don't claim you know how many arena players are here..the other problem lies in a player that plays ALL arenas..and they enter the lower levels first knowing the lower level arena players won't play the higher level arenas..what may be better is to cap the arena play at 200 levels below your VL..but that would put most EOC players only a limited amount to enter..but the 25% is a fair way not to have all of one guild compete

#8 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2015 - 18:48

the 25% rule is there to avoid the possibility of players in one guild being able to "rig" tournaments.

This can still be done with people 'rigging' tournaments using players outside of their guild.

#9 JackSpring

JackSpring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 19:12

I am in favor of losing the 25% rule.  First come, first serve. Prizes are not all that anymore with the

number of power composers in the game. Would really like to see a change.

#10 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 19:32

what ?????   sorry but at my level and those below me in levels...there is hardly a thing to join ?? we had 75 tourneys for 1200 levels..now it is 60 tourneys for 2700 levels..( with eoc getting near 300 levels for themselves) ...try being a low level player and enjoy arena..you cant..i enter 2-3 a day ,..then wait 1-3 days for it to start..totally boring....so many to enter ???  suuure...come back to my level and see what you can enter..try being a level 50-150 player and see what you can enter...about nothing for weeks..how can anybody get ticks on a medal or enjoy arena if you cant play !!!!

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 February 2015 - 19:49

I play the arena occasionally.  There are seldom tourneys I can enter, and when there are, they fill slowly.  The arena is a haunted place, and like the bounty board, appears to be slowly dying from a lack of activity.  I think the rule has run its course.  There can't be that many out there left that would cheat to claim these "big prizes" available to us now.  Why not try a trial run without the restriction, and if it needs to be returned, then do so.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 20:01

Rig an arena for a reward of 1 fsps costing the person to pay out 4 to rig it? decades later and 30000 fsps payed out i have successfully achieved diamond medal SOO WORTH IT :). If anything thats arguably good for the market by moving some static fsps around. Not being pro-abuse here or anything just trying to show how rediclious that arguement is now with the changing times. The arena changed from a more profit fueled field to a more medal/for fun based field

Edited by Intimidation, 14 February 2015 - 20:17.

#13 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 20:11

personally i dont care i dont play the arena but there was a time when it would be worth rigging each tournament thats no longer the case seeing its tokens anyone can buy the items they need ... there are not that many highly active guilds now not like there used to be so the pool of ppl wanting in the matches is limited ...frankly the arena is no different to the pvp ladder you can enter that and find it dominated by one guild cant tell me that doesnt look like its rigged even if it isnt

Edited by hades8840, 14 February 2015 - 20:12.

#14 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 23:28

keep limit on guild mates joining same battle

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 00:15

Sure if ya'll like arenas taking 36+ hours to start a piece...Arena limit doesnt work now with there being only for example let me throw a number out 25 active guilds opposed to 200 active guilds when the arena was made and the arena rules were made...If anything make arenas exponentially more expensive for each guild member in it *With a cap ofcourse*...Gold sink YAY...Prevents abuse?...ETC...

Edited by Intimidation, 15 February 2015 - 00:21.

#16 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:10

If you want arena fixed..look no further than a move called freeze and how it can work 3-5X better than it should..because of that move..most play defense because after freeze comes PS..and it takes off a whopping 75-80% of armor..no move takes that much defense away..so it makes it quite unfair actually..they should revamp the whole system because many already know the coding good enough to win when moves work that well...personally I like the arena except for that huge flaw..and have lost interest due to that

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:42

Dont get me started on the maths involved with the moves

#18 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:45

This rule is now doing nothing else than penalizing the big guild. Please remove it. All players should be allowed to join all tournaments whatever levels. You could have 8 multis in 8 different guilds and rig arenas all day long, limiting to % from a guild to join don't prevent this, but noone will waste their time doing so anyway because of what they paid to join would exceed what they would win. I haven't seen any valid argument in this thread against removing this rule yet. To blame cheating is often a defense mechanism some use when others are doing better than them.

Edited by Nagoyaka, 15 February 2015 - 09:55.

#19 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:55

The Game has limited coder hours now it seems the arena has had updates in the past 2 years  the pvp ladder and pvp in general has had none.

Secondly you know when joining a big guild you are going to face limited game play in certain parts of the game  arena and titan hunting being two of them..you want the benefits of joining a big guild and you want to be able to do everything that a small guild can as well ..... Greedy Much ?

#20 Alioth1

Alioth1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:24

Please...No arguing and bickering.....I'm Iooking for constructive feedback,be it for or against....Thanks =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: