• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 tomjiggy67

tomjiggy67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 21:05

The current rules in place seem to be that once a Guild obtains a Relic they can empower it. I would like to be able to abandon them if the Guild see's fit, or even be able to upgrade them. Being able to abandon them would allow us to obtain better ones when we see them. Upgrading them would make them a sweeter target which would mean more Relic battles :)  Of course, there should be a cap to upgrades. And, the upgrades available to one Relic should be different from others. Just an idea, folks.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 November 2016 - 21:26

The current rules in place seem to be that once a Guild obtains a Relic they can empower it. I would like to be able to abandon them if the Guild see's fit, or even be able to upgrade them. Being able to abandon them would allow us to obtain better ones when we see them. Upgrading them would make them a sweeter target which would mean more Relic battles :)  Of course, there should be a cap to upgrades. And, the upgrades available to one Relic should be different from others. Just an idea, folks.

The ability to abandon has been asked for before and, thus far, fallen on stony ground.

You already have the ability to "upgrade" them - you've already commented on empowering them.

Do I think they need changing ? - personally, no ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 22:18

Yeah, I'd like to see the "abandon" option as well. 

As Pardoux said... upgrade is available via Empowering.

#4 tomjiggy67

tomjiggy67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 22:54

When I talk about "upgrading" a Relic, there are quite a few out there that are almost worthless in terms of the buffs granted to the guild that holds them. Give some the option to add(temporarily)other buffs through upgrades. Meaning only the guild that activates the upgrade gains the buffs, and if it is captured the buffs are lost until that next guild activates the upgrade. You would still be able to empower the relic.

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:52

When I talk about "upgrading" a Relic, there are quite a few out there that are almost worthless in terms of the buffs granted to the guild that holds them. Give some the option to add(temporarily)other buffs through upgrades. Meaning only the guild that activates the upgrade gains the buffs, and if it is captured the buffs are lost until that next guild activates the upgrade. You would still be able to empower the relic.

Here's a more radical thought ...

The relics with "crap" stat boosts and/or enhancements ? - simply ignore 'em like everyone else does.

That said, it's a shame that most relics are ignored now for that very reason - but then again, for a LOT of players (certainly not all), the 5% or 10% boosts to stats simply aren't needed any more due to mega-buffs and mega-gear.

Edited by Pardoux, 08 November 2016 - 05:16.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 tomjiggy67

tomjiggy67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:30

That's my point, though. Make the Relics worth fighting for. This game has a PvP element specifically for Relics and I don't think it's hardly being used. The mega buffs and gear have almost made all relics obsolete, and so relic battles rarely happen anymore. It kind of reminds me of GvG. I've seen a spike in GvG lately. Did something change? The rules on relics need to change.

#7 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 15:23

That's my point, though. Make the Relics worth fighting for. This game has a PvP element specifically for Relics and I don't think it's hardly being used. The mega buffs and gear have almost made all relics obsolete, and so relic battles rarely happen anymore. It kind of reminds me of GvG. I've seen a spike in GvG lately. Did something change? The rules on relics need to change.

I'm not sure why you think relics and pvp go together.  PvP players have been being suspended, banned, and worse for years when it comes to pvp and relics. You can't tell someone you are hitting them to defend the relic your guild wants to hold. That's abusive!  Or at least it is more then enough to have Grim step in and start deleting everything, suspending everyone, and making his own threats.  That's why there are no more good guild wars. 

#8 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 15:55

The game, including relics, has been getting dumbed down for years. I gladly expect nothing to happen here because of the state of development.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#9 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:10

Or at least it is more then enough to have Grim step in and start deleting everything, suspending everyone, and making his own threats.

Actually, that's nonsense. However, I have had to step in when players are being abused in relation to Relic capturing. Please get the information right.

#10 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 15:09

There would have to be something similar to Titans where if you " abandon " a relic it goes on a 7 day cool down before your allowed to Re-take the relic if you decided you wanted it back

#11 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:40

Actually, that's nonsense. However, I have had to step in when players are being abused in relation to Relic capturing. Please get the information right.

Okay, so let me get this straight.  If another guild takes a relic my guild is holding, and my guild starts to hit the members of the other guild, so long as we are polite when we say it isn't personal, we're just defending a relic,  you and HCS will not get involved? You will not ban players or stop the hitting for no reason other then it involves a relic? Or is hitting someone in an enemy guild 'abusive'?  I want to be sure we have this straight, since I have found myself in this situation more then once, and it has always gone the same way. 

#12 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 19:42

Why would anyone need to PvP anyone in a guild that just took a relic from you?.. Just make a group and take it back, it only costs an hour of wait time.

Never have understood why some feel it's needed when making a group is so much easier.

#13 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 21:01

Why would anyone need to PvP anyone in a guild that just took a relic from you?.. Just make a group and take it back, it only costs an hour of wait time.

Never have understood why some feel it's needed when making a group is so much easier.

In what way? I have to rely on others to join my group whereas in PvP I can just go ahead and hit.

Capturing a relic, even one well defended, is pretty easy. PvP is an option and a perfectly legitimate one to try and prevent further recapture of a relic. Either one Guild backs down or a Relic War erupts. All good fun and part of the mechanics of the game.

I hope this wee explanation helps further your understanding.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 11 November 2016 - 21:02.

#14 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 22:17

It's okay. You don't have to get it. Same as I do not get how so many people refuse to stand up for themselves in a computer game where nothing is real. But hey, it takes all kinds.

Relic defense is the same as defending our members. We're aggressive in our defense because it makes people think twice before messing with us.  Like it or not, people see my guilds name and they stop to wonder whether it is worth the consequences. A first layer of defense, basically.  It works so well because we are aggressive and consistent in our responses. And as much as we get called 'bullies' and 'thugs' and whatever else, 95%+ of the time we're only responding to what we take as an aggressive act against us,  like taking the relic we're defending.

But we're getting off topic here.  The OP seemed to think PvP was allowed in Relic defense.  I've been prevented from hitting by HCS numerous times in the past for doing just that.  Grim says I'm not getting the information right. So I'd like to see it in writing that pvp is allowed in relic defense,  just so I get my nonsense straight.

#15 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 22:29

It's an all-out PVP War. People hitting each other every hour on the hour. Now they're not even doing it for gold or prestige. You captured our relic, now we are going to hit you as much as we can. Because we're in and guild fortunate enough our members thrive on it. No matter when their targets can get or be online. Then it could be great fun. For several days or even a few weeks. By then the relic has been yours, and rightfully so. Only the other guilds members have decided they no longer wish to play that way anymore and it will have joined the ranks of the inactives. Even though everything was done through proper game mechanics. Financially the Cows start feeling it. Then think... it all seemed like good fun :P

#16 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 23:13

I don't attack people in a game because it's not needed to make me more important or impressive or to prove myself fit for anyone's respect. 

I don't really care what others think of me, it's not relevant.

However, I still seek understanding in why people do things the way they do.  I will always seek to broaden my education in human nature.

Maybe someday I'll gain that understanding.

#17 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 13:38

It's an all-out PVP War. People hitting each other every hour on the hour. Now they're not even doing it for gold or prestige. You captured our relic, now we are going to hit you as much as we can. Because we're in and guild fortunate enough our members thrive on it. No matter when their targets can get or be online. Then it could be great fun. For several days or even a few weeks. By then the relic has been yours, and rightfully so. Only the other guilds members have decided they no longer wish to play that way anymore and it will have joined the ranks of the inactives. Even though everything was done through proper game mechanics. Financially the Cows start feeling it. Then think... it all seemed like good fun :P

I had originally created a list of reasons why PvP is a viable option with regard to Relics. I now wish I had posted it rather than the one I did as it may have prevented you going way over the top with your "Guild War" scenario.

PvP combat takes place when trying to retain a Relic mostly as a last resort. A particular relic may be highly sought after and is attacked and captured. The losing Guild attacks back and captures, the other Guild attacks back and captures, the losing Guild attacks back and captures.......and on, and on, and on.

To try and prevent this continual hand over a Guild can use PvP combat to show they are prepared to fight tooth and nail to keep the relic. The other Guild can engage in the PvP combat or it can stand down. Simple really.

By the way, I have seen more players go inactive due to HCS heavy handedness towards certain PvP situations, GvG mechanic changes and poor development than I have from any PvP attack. PvP always gets the blame for player inactivity, some things will never change.

I don't attack people in a game because it's not needed to make me more important or impressive or to prove myself fit for anyone's respect. 

I don't really care what others think of me, it's not relevant.

However, I still seek understanding in why people do things the way they do.  I will always seek to broaden my education in human nature.

I'm playing a computer game, I have no need of anyone's respect nor do feel the need to impress anyone. And I already know how important I am. These have no bearing on why a player plays PvP.

PvP is and always will be part of the game. And engaging in it is perfectly within a players right. Continually berating this area of the game is ridiculous.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 12 November 2016 - 13:40.

#18 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 15:50

I'm so sorry you live in a world where teamwork and helping friends are not valued, you have my deepest sympathy.  I help my friends and work with others to achieve a common goal in RL and even though this a a virtual game, those experiences do translate here to a certain degree.  I work with my guild towards a common goal and help my friends as I am able.  Hopefully, someday you will gain that understanding.

Screenshot everything!

#19 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 21:35

I think Calista's #11 post was the most relevant I've seen. I think she rightly requested some information. 

Essentially, HCS policy has made it: "I can't tell you I'm smacking you 100 stam on the hour because you are taking an HCS-owned Relic"

Unfortunately, in my opinion, "HCS" took a totally illogical stance that only served to downplay the social aspect of the game. 

Now, when players take an "HSC-owned Relic" and all of their members get 100 stam smacked on the hour, they have to "imagine" why. 

Is that really "good for the game"?

Sorry, I think not. I was lucky enough to play when guilds could talk to each other diplomatically and discuss terms. I brought that to my guild and we made a decision... and we stepped away.

That could never happen now because those involved would not possibly be able to contact me and let me know why myself and my Guildies are being hit hour on hour. 

I would however like players involved in this issue to simply tell the inquiring player on a hit something of the following:

"I apologize but, unfortunately, due to game rules, I'm not allowed to tell you why I'm smacking you. Please submit a support ticket and feel free to quote me."

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 22:04

Okay, so let me get this straight.  If another guild takes a relic my guild is holding, and my guild starts to hit the members of the other guild, so long as we are polite when we say it isn't personal, we're just defending a relic,  you and HCS will not get involved? You will not ban players or stop the hitting for no reason other then it involves a relic? Or is hitting someone in an enemy guild 'abusive'?  I want to be sure we have this straight, since I have found myself in this situation more then once, and it has always gone the same way. 

Naw you'll get banned LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: