• This topic is locked This topic is locked
330 replies to this topic

#241 BFJ

BFJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:22

Oh wait ,,, So these potions will work like the ones in the global chests? 5 skills in one potion bottle? :)

#242 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:29

Oh wait ,,, So these potions will work like the ones in the global chests? 5 skills in one potion bottle? :)

That is a possibility. Or you could go about making a potion with only 1 skill. Completely your choice.

#243 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:26

i hope there will be a few low lev ones like the  loyalty rewards  for new players nothing overpowered but simple and ez for starting pvpers gvgers and hunters

#244 Alioth1

Alioth1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:13

I see that Twinkle Toes and Well Read Potions will be joining the scrap heap and will be nearly worthless in the near future like most of the other items in the Arena now unfortunately....or perhaps not make Lightfoot and Librarian as new composing potions?....Perhaps some new prizes or recipes to bring back some of the old Arenaists and to get more new people to play and to move it along faster...same with the Ladder possibly? :)

P.S. At least the Canny Warrior and Brewers Art will hold their prices ;)

#245 Sedrea

Sedrea

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:00

I think, as in with skills, that every so many levels you advance that further composing potions can become available. Example: If you are below 100 highest skill you total you can add to a potion would be 200, but once oyu hit 100, it can go to 220 or 250 etc. The only reason i state this is because if a low player can create pots with effects from level 1200+ buffs, it will kill certian players income who rely on selling their buffs such as players in the 1700 range waiting for new areas to be released. Also, I think there should also be quests to further your composing: not quests that require composin but quests, that unlock at a certian level, you can take to unlock new effects or add an additional effect to a potion. That way it can involve some logic and hard work. Hope someone thinks this is a worthy idea :D

#246 Koresh

Koresh

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:23

I think, as in with skills, that every so many levels you advance that further composing potions can become available. Example: If you are below 100 highest skill you total you can add to a potion would be 200, but once oyu hit 100, it can go to 220 or 250 etc. The only reason i state this is because if a low player can create pots with effects from level 1200+ buffs, it will kill certian players income who rely on selling their buffs such as players in the 1700 range waiting for new areas to be released. Also, I think there should also be quests to further your composing: not quests that require composin but quests, that unlock at a certian level, you can take to unlock new effects or add an additional effect to a potion. That way it can involve some logic and hard work. Hope someone thinks this is a worthy idea :D

Considering that making potions costs money and that lower levels usually have less of it that the higher ups I doubt this will become a huge problem, assuming the elite cows team have found a balance between potion level, composition and costs.

#247 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 14:31

Considering that making potions costs money and that lower levels usually have less of it that the higher ups I doubt this will become a huge problem, assuming the elite cows team have found a balance between potion level, composition and costs.

The gold cost is in relation to pot duration and level of buff within that pot. So a level175 Smashing Hammer pot lasting 30 minutes would work out as 175 x 30 = 5250 gold. Smashing Hammer pots are a go go.

Cheers.

wil72

#248 Joshrocs

Joshrocs

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 14:34

I think you should only be able to create potions that you have unlocked in your skill tree. Other wise it ruins the whole selling buff business. 

#249 llednew

llednew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 14:42

Nice job on the fragments and creating a new way to make the potions;.Awarding a medal for the framents.In a word,Engenius!I would have like to see better chest prizes for the last event tho.Good job guys! 8)

#250 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2013 - 16:03

Choosing your potion design... :D

preview_4.png

#251 Dakkon26

Dakkon26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 16:16

Is there a field where you can create the name of your concoction?

#252 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2013 - 16:19

Is there a field where you can create the name of your concoction?

There will be :D

#253 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 September 2013 - 16:52

Hmmmmmmm.  These potions are going to be only available to the maker, and the members of  the makers guild. (If I have read the promos right)  I can see confusion happening with different composers using different names, and different colors for the same potion.  And along the same line, a composer leaves a guild.  I would imagine they take any completed potions with them.  They then enter another guild. Are the potions they made while in guild A now available to be used in guild B?  Also now he has to learn to make potions with names and colors that won't clash with the new guilds scheme.  Maybe a default name/color for these things would be a good option. I'm giving myself a headache just thinking about this stuff :blink:

#254 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 17:18

Hmmmmmmm.  These potions are going to be only available to the maker, and the members of  the makers guild. (If I have read the promos right)  I can see confusion happening with different composers using different names, and different colors for the same potion.  And along the same line, a composer leaves a guild.  I would imagine they take any completed potions with them.  They then enter another guild. Are the potions they made while in guild A now available to be used in guild B?  Also now he has to learn to make potions with names and colors that won't clash with the new guilds scheme.  Maybe a default name/color for these things would be a good option. I'm giving myself a headache just thinking about this stuff :blink:

If I remember correctly, when a potion is created you will be given an option to either make them bound to yourself or Guild bound. So if a player leaves a Guild and has Guild bound their potions they will remain in that Guild. If they have bound the potions to themself and leaves a Guild they will only be available to themself.

Cheers.

wil72

#255 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 September 2013 - 17:43

If I remember correctly, when a potion is created you will be given an option to either make them bound to yourself or Guild bound. So if a player leaves a Guild and has Guild bound their potions they will remain in that Guild. If they have bound the potions to themself and leaves a Guild they will only be available to themself.

Cheers.

wil72

Thanks, at least that aspect is a bit clearer.  Now, any interior decorators out there want to explain the naming and color schemes?

#256 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 September 2013 - 17:54

hey hoof i was just woundering i would like to see a new perm for guild where u get to pick who joins guild conflicts with a tick box in the perms area saying [] can participate in conflicts 

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#257 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 September 2013 - 17:55

also can u sell the pots made ?

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#258 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2013 - 17:56

To keep it simple, the potions created will automatically be guild tagged (but you can't recall them) and bound. Note you won't be able to untag them.

#259 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2013 - 17:57

Creating a 'Hoof Special' potion :D

preview_5.png

#260 Orpheus