• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:44

600x371_logo.png

Game Summary

Crystal Reign puts you in control of a customisable tower built from distinct layers of siege weaponry. An ancient army is rising and it’s up to you to aim your various armaments at this automated armada to knock them back down.

Background Story

After discovering a near limitless supply of power in the form of magical crystals, the world found itself in something of an arms race. In this quest for bigger and more zappy means of elimination scientists began to experiment with the crystals and from this, the Arcanalith were built. Drawing on the power of the crystals, these mechanical soldiers fought with such power that the people of the world were forced to leave their homes and take refuge in the mountains, far from the chaos below.

Centuries on, the Arcanalith have long since wiped each other out and the people go about their daily lives in their mountainous homes. However, unbeknownst to these peaceful villagers, far below the fog of war that separates the peaks from the old battlegrounds something has begun to stir.

As the Arcanalith rise from the earth, it is up to the player to knock them back down. To achieve this goal we’ll be supplying various forms of siege weaponry and magical defences that we advise aiming at the mystical robots that will be attacking. Over time, players will earn new layers and be able to build taller towers as they move onwards to take on the biggest and most dangerous of the Arcanalith.

Enemy Concepts

600x424_enemy_concepts.png

Crystal Reign is Abertay University graduate developers Criss Cross Games' first title and it is being published by Hunted Cow Studios. You can check out the official game page here:

Remember to 'like' the game on Facebook to stay up-to-date with the development progress!

~ The Hunted Cow Team

#2 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:46

So...Tower Defense?

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#3 PoultryGeist

PoultryGeist

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 18:44

So...Tower Defense?

Technically, yes!

It wouldn't be listed under the "Tower Defense" genre with games like Sol Survivor, Defence Grid and Gemcraft but you definitely are a tower and you are definitely on the defensive.

The actual gameplay is more like Angry Birds x R-Type, pinging weaponry at enemies coming from the other side of the screen.

#4 PoultryGeist

PoultryGeist

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 16:28

For any of you that are able to make it to Dundee between the 8th and 11th of August, Criss Cross Games (along with Hunted Cow) will be appearing at Dare Protoplay and will be showing off Crystal Reign!

Come and get a better look at this guy, he's obviously taunting you!

#5 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 August 2013 - 22:32

Sounds interesting. :)

I see it is coming on iOS and Android. Any plans for other platforms as well? ;)

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#6 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2013 - 21:05

Sounds interesting. :)

I see it is coming on iOS and Android. Any plans for other platforms as well? ;)

Was there a platform in particular you were hoping to see it on? :)

#7 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:38

Was there a platform in particular you were hoping to see it on? :)

I was kind of hoping to see windows phone mentioned :x

Posted Image

#8 rsvalleyjack

rsvalleyjack

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:54

Sounds so good !

I will have a try .........................

#9 Shady

Shady

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 September 2013 - 17:31

looks like a good game ill wait until the beta

#10 davidmikky

davidmikky

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:53

Time for me, I read too fast! This is good for TH ...Time for me, I read too fast! This is good for TH ...

---------------
be happy (FaiSal)……………..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: