#1 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:20

First off, let me say that the more regular content again is a good thing and it's appreciated.

But, that being said, the quests are, shall we say, monotonous and repetitive ?

They are pretty much all either :-

Go to A, be told to kill x of y, return to A

OR

Go to A, get told to go to B, kill x of y, return item from B to A

I'd LOVE to see another complex quest arc like Xinderoth or Karthak or Dreadlord if possible please ? - something that captivates the interest and makes you actually have to take note of the dialogs etc :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#2 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 August 2013 - 15:05

First off, let me say that the more regular content again is a good thing and it's appreciated.

But, that being said, the quests are, shall we say, monotonous and repetitive ?

They are pretty much all either :-

Go to A, be told to kill x of y, return to A

OR

Go to A, get told to go to B, kill x of y, return item from B to A

I'd LOVE to see another complex quest arc like Xinderoth or Karthak or Dreadlord if possible please ? - something that captivates the interest and makes you actually have to take note of the dialogs etc :)

Who needs to take note of dialogues  when you have quest guides :P

#3 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2013 - 15:50

Exactly.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#4 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 16:16

Omg. There is another quest arc after karthak? :(
Some may enjoy the quest arcs but I am not one of them :(

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 August 2013 - 17:11

The quests are, shall we say, monotonous and repetitive ?

I'm afraid that's because it's what we were asked to do by players. So it is what we do. We'll look to another super quest line again in the future but I have no time frame for it at the moment as we are stupidly busy.

#6 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 17:17

I'm afraid that's because it's what we were asked to do by players. So it is what we do. We'll look to another super quest line again in the future but I have no time frame for it at the moment as we are stupidly busy.

When and if you have time to do this, I would like to suggest you do a poll? IMHO I think it's just a vocal minority who actually enjoy the torturous quest lines. Epic quests were fun though. Maybe the huge rewards were clouding my judgement. Again, just my opinion.

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 August 2013 - 19:30

When and if you have time to do this, I would like to suggest you do a poll? IMHO I think it's just a vocal minority who actually enjoy the torturous quest lines. Epic quests were fun though. Maybe the huge rewards were clouding my judgement. Again, just my opinion.

If quests were obligatory, I could understand your viewpoint, but they're not - so why the vehemence against ones that are a lil more complicated ?

Ya don't like 'em, don't do 'em - simple :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 August 2013 - 19:31

:P - even WITH the guides, Karthak threw me a few curve balls. 

#9 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 August 2013 - 21:38

If quests were obligatory, I could understand...

There are a few longish ones that are mandatory to use the door to the next realm. I don't like those. Sometimes I have uber-pots on and just want to level through, and do the "kill 100 of whatever and invent all this stuff" later, when I'm not running a doubler 1500. Getting to a door to find out that you have to go back and do a quest that started 4 levels ago isn't fun.

So, long quests with big rewards, sure... if they're not mandatory to level up as usual.

#10 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 21:58

:P - even WITH the guides, Karthak threw me a few curve balls. 

I'll admit, karthak had me throwing a few things ...

Also, if I'm not mistaken the Karthak quests were somewhat mandatory?

#11 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 August 2013 - 22:01

I'll admit, karthak had me throwing a few things ...

Also, if I'm not mistaken the Karthak quests were somewhat mandatory?

Nope, if i remember correctly, you could sublevel 1 map and go around it ... ??

#12 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2013 - 23:03

I can't actually remember the last time I was 'forced' to do a quest. (forced by having a door locked, blocking my way)

Might be because I'm getting old and haven't actually hunted for months, but, no, I really can't remember. Karthak had ways around it, I don't remember any mandatory ones from then onwards? Hmm... Big story driven quests are really quite fun, well, if you're not hell bent on getting the absolute maximum efficiency levels out of your stamina and remember you're just playing a game... lol

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#13 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 23:17

If quests were obligatory, I could understand your viewpoint, but they're not - so why the vehemence against ones that are a lil more complicated ?

Ya don't like 'em, don't do 'em - simple :)

I'm going to most likely do them but what you deem fun may not be for the vast majority so all I am asking is for a poll. If you put in the time effort and resources for something that 80-90% of the community does not enjoy, is that good for the game? You always beat up on others for their selfish wants, I just simply want a poll to identify if its me being selfish it ou :)

#14 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2013 - 23:20

Backwards chewtoy, if I might ask. Do you find the mindless kill X amount of creatures or the get item from character/are/enemy B and give to NPC A quests fun?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#15 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 August 2013 - 23:20

I'm going to most likely do them but what you deem fun may not be for the vast majority so all I am asking is for a poll. If you put in the time effort and resources for something that 80-90% of the community does not enjoy, is that good for the game? You always beat up on others for their selfish wants, I just simply want a poll to identify if its me being selfish it ou :)

Wouldn't go so far as to say I beat up on others but  ... LOL

N yeah, start a thread with a poll ? - I'm all in favour of it - but if ya do, distinguish between story arcs that lock progression unless completed and completely optional ones ;)

#16 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 23:27

Backwards chewtoy, if I might ask. Do you find the mindless kill X amount of creatures or the get item from character/are/enemy B and give to NPC A quests fun?

To be honest, no. But none of it really is. Chasing titans is stupid but the reward again clouds my judgement and makes me do it more. Leveling is a grind but the reward of getting new skills makes it somewhat worthwhile. I could go on. As I said, the epic quests were fine because of the huge rewards but I still have nightmares about karthak and xind. To your point, the other quests are short and if you miss one, it doesn't effect the next. I actually do all of the steps of the quest except for the "return to start" and I catch up on them when I want to bypass a level :)

#17 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 23:29

Wouldn't go so far as to say I beat up on others but ... LOL

N yeah, start a thread with a poll ? - I'm all in favour of it - but if ya do, distinguish between story arcs that lock progression unless completed and completely optional ones ;)

How about keeping it simple and say would you like more quest arcs like xinderoth and karthak?
But honestly I would hope the cows work on the other priorities

#18 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2013 - 23:31

To be honest, no. But none of it really is. Chasing titans is stupid but the reward again clouds my judgement and makes me do it more. Levelling is a grind but the reward of getting new skills makes it somewhat worthwhile. I could go on. As I said, the epic quests were fine because of the huge rewards but I still have nightmares about karthak and xind. To your point, the other quests are short and if you miss one, it doesn't effect the next. I actually do all of the steps of the quest except for the "return to start" and I catch up on them when I want to bypass a level :)

So neither of the types of quests for you are fun, but you dislike the arc type quests because they take longer?

Just trying to understand your motives behind not wanting to have interesting quests.

Try not to take this the wrong way but, why play a game that has so many aspects you don't really like?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#19 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 00:05

So neither of the types of quests for you are fun, but you dislike the arc type quests because they take longer?
Just trying to understand your motives behind not wanting to have interesting quests.

Try not to take this the wrong way but, why play a game that has so many aspects you don't really like?

The reward makes the grind worth. I thought I made that clear? The epic arc quests were enjoyable because of the huge reward. But ultimately it's the social aspect of the game. You take that out and I would've quit playing a long time ago

#20 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:01

What's the harm in doing a poll before investing effort into a new quest line? That is all I am asking. I will go with the majority

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: