• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Jose

Jose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 23:53

If you want to unlock more buffs for composing, would be cool to have new buffs only added or obtainable tru composing.

#22 adda10

adda10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 00:16

i would like to be able to break down the potions i've made for a chance for items back instead of just trashing them another gold sink and i think new buffs designed for pvp and new ones for hunters,farmers,fraggers and maybe even titan hunters

+ 1. Take a haircut on the add back so at least there is some cost to levelling up.

#23 adda10

adda10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 00:18

How about some skills that DONT use commons....At my level we get no common drops to speak of and at composing level 13 I mostly use commons....RED

+ 1 

#24 adda10

adda10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 00:23

If you want to unlock more buffs for composing, would be cool to have new buffs only added or obtainable tru composing.

Developing this thought a bit more - could there be buffs unlocked at full strength on reaching certain milestones (e.g. Lvl 20, 30 etc)  instead of having to increase the skill level through composing ? These could be new buffs introduced into the game or the existing ones.

#25 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 22:15

what I would like to see is composing fragments drop based upon the your level.

As far as I can tell most players make 20xp potions  1 hour to make 5k gold and 6 common frags. I think at level 10 it should remain 5k gold and still take an hour but now cost 5 common frags.

level 20 4 frags

level 30 3 frags

level 40 2 frags

#26 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 22:21

1 last note guild locked composing potions is a good thing, But if I made a potion for a player I would like for me to be able to send it to them and for them to untag it so that it cant be recalled by another player. but the KEY to this is not giving them permission to untag guild gear

#27 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 November 2014 - 22:23

what I would like to see is composing fragments drop based upon the your level.

As far as I can tell most players make 20xp potions  1 hour to make 5k gold and 6 common frags. I think at level 10 it should remain 5k gold and still take an hour but now cost 5 common frags.

level 20 4 frags

level 30 3 frags

level 40 2 frags

why ? - so that the divide in composing echoes the growing divide in the levelling stakes. Keep it the same for everyone - lowering the frag cost is just asking for another "win" button ...

(and yes, I would benefit if that happened - I just don't think it should ... )

Edited by Pardoux, 23 November 2014 - 22:24.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#28 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 November 2014 - 00:02

I agree with Pardoux on this...

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#29 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 02 December 2014 - 18:01

I agree with Pardoux and Penny - shaving down on fragments like that, though beneficial to me, would not benefit Composing.

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing would be a way to slightly shave down the amount of time below 1 hour on the time to brew potions. Perhaps it can be a new buff that you need cast on you when you create the potion that takes a small percentage of the total time off that would allow it to go below 60 minutes.

I can see some possible opposition to this and agree it needs to be limited.  Just an idea.

#30 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 18:16

I think composing has been given a LOT of love and perhaps not perfect in some people's mind but I think it's time to move on and have HCS give love to other parts that are sorely lacking updates. Pvp/gvg/arena come to mind.
For me, this last update far surpassed what I was expecting. if even 20% of the changes were to be made to the aforementioned other areas of the game, yowza!

Keep up the good work. After those 3 areas are updated, time to advertise ( oh, and don't forget a ccountermeasure for magic titan hunters)! FS 2.0!!!

#31 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 December 2014 - 19:06

FS 2.0!!!

Silly chewy. We're already on v2.60. :P

#32 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 02 December 2014 - 20:05

A thought came to me... I am curious to know how many players are level 30+ in Composing.

This doesn't affect the game any or benefit anything other than my curiosity but I would love to see the statistics (don't need names, just a count). It would be cool to have a report as to the # of players at each level.  I suspect it is a very short list above level 30 but I know many are rather secretive about such things so the count might be surprising.

Again, this has 0 priority - I'm just curious by nature.

#33 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 December 2014 - 20:13

I suspect it is a very short list above level 30 but I know many are rather secretive about such things so the count might be surprising.

I've seen this to be the case as well, and I'm curious as to why.

#34 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 02 December 2014 - 20:28

Based on some of the discussions I have seen suggesting players are scripting their composing, I would imagine some would be secretive for that reason but others may be secretive for other reasons such as a distaste for competition or simply a desire to not draw attention to themselves.

Personally, I hope the scripting reason is in the minority here...

#35 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 23:38

Chewy and I have been racing through levels since I was level 2 and he taught me how I was supposed to be doing things.  I've gotten to level 9 now, and I'm so looking forward to being able to make 2 pots really soon.  This update sure did streamline things, but as mentioned by others, we really need to be able to just edit our templates, rather than delete and rebuild as we level.  That's a real hassle, and I forget to do it half the time.  It would make things much easier to remember if I could just edit my templates for the pots I actually use as their levels rise.  Please, O Mighty Cow Gods (and Lindarsil) please grant our request :)

Edited by BadPenny, 02 December 2014 - 23:38.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#36 pinkdude

pinkdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 00:36

Scripting, don't want PMs asking for potions, spent a lot of $ for FSPs to expedite the process  ;)

#37 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 00:41

A thought came to me... I am curious to know how many players are level 30+ in Composing.

This doesn't affect the game any or benefit anything other than my curiosity but I would love to see the statistics (don't need names, just a count). It would be cool to have a report as to the # of players at each level.  I suspect it is a very short list above level 30 but I know many are rather secretive about such things so the count might be surprising.

Again, this has 0 priority - I'm just curious by nature.

You could do a poll:

https://forums.hunte...ing#entry892897

#38 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 03 December 2014 - 14:07

yeah, I thought about that but then you only get a count of those who participate in the forums which I would wager is only about 10% of the total player base.

Still, it might not be a bad idea...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: