• This topic is locked This topic is locked
339 replies to this topic

#81 Algoa

Algoa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:35

Get the new system approved? Get tokens for what? We have not had new ladder sets since level 1400. What about karma? What about the new guild conflicts setup? What about Making FSH do what the options say that will do? What about new buffs? Been waiting over 600 levels for it. #1 should be GET RID OF THE LAG!

Although i agree with you, amd posted almost exactly the same response in another thread......Grim has said THIS is his priority, so it is what we have to deal with at the moment.....but +1 :P

45d5ca98.jpg

#82 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:08

:P I cannot really see a good reason for them to change the pvp system that  has worked for years they gave players the option of pvp protection here but one way to get rid of the bullying here would be a simple opt in system that way those who want to pvp would not lose anything, just my opinion

#83 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:17

:P I cannot really see a good reason for them to change the pvp system that  has worked for years they gave players the option of pvp protection here but one way to get rid of the bullying here would be a simple opt in system that way those who want to pvp would not lose anything, just my opinion

HCS said that XP loss is going to be removed and this system here gives the players the choice to pick a PvP system they want to PvP in !!!!

those who want to lose XP in PvP can do that (RAW PvP) and those who do not want to lose XP in PvP can do that (SOFT PVP) too, this is a sollution smile.png that gives both parties what they want smile.png

if this system does not get approved then XP LOSS will be removed from all kinds of PvP sad.png

I am trying my best to let you guys understand the benefit of this great system where nobody is forced to play a PvP system he does not want to, it is a WIN - WIN for us all

please keep asking and I am more than happy to answer :)

Edited by mary4ever, 01 October 2014 - 02:19.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#84 mimdala

mimdala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:55

Why was this forced no xp loss even suggested and not on the front page. Some people are just going to wake up one day and realize the cows decided "oh by the way you're playing a different game now, thanks for all your donations but we decided to kill your fun."

I've kinda been wondering the same thing. But I just thought it was because I didn't frequent the forums enough?

mimdala_zps719aa5bc.png

#85 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:47

My main question is:

If HCS get rid of XP Loss completelly, who are really going to play for Ladder prizes, Smasher Medals, Dominance Medals and Gold Hits?

I believe the people who will play it are the same people who are asking to keep XP Loss...Are you all really saying that if there is no XP Loss involved, all of you are going to become PvPers too? Using stamina to buff and keep attacking to climb up the top? not to say that you'll need to use PvP gear to go offline, not Epic suits.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 01 October 2014 - 03:56.

#86 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:06

My main question is:
If HCS get rid of XP Loss completelly, who are really going to play for Ladder prizes, Smasher Medals, Dominance Medals and Gold Hits?
I believe the people who will play it are the same people who are asking to keep XP Loss...Are you all really saying that if there is no XP Loss involved, all of you are going to become PvPers too? Using stamina to buff and keep attacking to climb up the top? not to say that you'll need to use PvP gear to go offline, not Epic suits.

activity is going to BOOM.. I remember when they tweaked the XP loss before the 10 stam = 1% and 100 Stan = 10%.. It was a weird XP loss formula that was basically no XP loss and the bounty board was mad filled within minutes.. But was eventually was changed because of the massive cry of lack of punishment from something that wasn't punishing to begin with..

Taking away the XP loss is going to be great for activity and I cannot think of an argument against that part of it.. The potion, buff, and item market will flourish among others.. We should stop fighting for the same old mechanics and embrace the glory of what will happen. It could get boring after awhile but with the combat/economy system of this game will help make it easy to keep it fresh.. The more players that get into PvP, means more will try out GvG.. Add in GvG ladder resets and you a full time PvP system that is breathing strong and deep/ reward well and make this game fun again.. Events daily and stamina management always on our minds. Push this game forwards!

#87 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:48

asking questions about why the removal of xp from all pvp related things is going to happen or why you / the FS community were not informed about this change regarding no xp loss or about karma or ...... I can honestly not give you an answer because I do not really know !!!!

please stay on topic and ask questions about this topic where I can give you an answer or contribute to this topic, thanks

Edited by mary4ever, 01 October 2014 - 06:26.

#88 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:26

For clarification, People in Raw PvP system can hit Soft PvP system, but won't be posted via BB for Raw BB.... correct?

But people who hit people from Soft into RAw are on Raw BB....

So every time a RAw PvP hits a Soft PvP, they aren't sent to Raw BB, but a soft BB.... that sounds no better than the system we have now....or are proposing going to.

Just bring back the old ladder/pvp ratign system, ditch multi-bountying, bring back the previous pvp protection system and be done with it.

This just sounds of desperation in both concept and in tone of the intital post. People have made their own beds by getting personal with a browser based game. Good riddance and GG to the current PvP system.

Edited by Gutie, 01 October 2014 - 06:26.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#89 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:02

For clarification, People in Raw PvP system can hit Soft PvP system, but won't be posted via BB for Raw BB.... correct?

But people who hit people from Soft into RAw are on Raw BB....

you always get on the victims BB !!!! (to counter EXPLOIT)

So every time a RAw PvP hits a Soft PvP, they aren't sent to Raw BB, but a soft BB.... that sounds no better than the system we have now....or are proposing going to.

IF you are suggesting that RAW hits get always on RAW BB regardless if they hit RAW or SOFT and SOFT hits get always on SOFT BB regardless if they hit RAW or SOFT then this will be easily EXPLOITED + BULLYING can happen!!!!

there are some EXPLOITS I see in your current suggestion: 2 things from the top of my head:

• SOFT keeps hitting RAW (RAW loses every time XP + gold), when RAW posts, his attacker the SOFT gets on SOFT BB and loses pvp xp + gold !!! while the RAW victim keeps losing levels his SOFT attacker keeps only losing pvp xp !!!!
  • RAW keeps hitting SOFT (SOFT loses every time only gold), when SOFT posts, his attacker the RAW gets on RAW BB and loses xp !!! while the SOFT victim keeps only losing gold the RAW attacker keeps losing xp + pvp rating + gold !!!!

do you see now why it is important to always get bountied on the victims BB !!!!

Just bring back the old ladder/pvp ratign system, ditch multi-bountying, bring back the previous pvp protection system and be done with it.

This just sounds of desperation in both concept and in tone of the intital post. People have made their own beds by getting personal with a browser based game. Good riddance and GG to the current PvP system.

I already explained this to will but here again:

as you said: Raw hits Soft for gold and only gets a Soft Bounty Board posting.

RAW loses pvp rating too on the soft Bounty Board BUT the bounty hunter who is on SOFT would not get the pvp rating from the RAW , he gets pvp xp rating (ratio currently unknown)

is that good for you? :)

Edited by mary4ever, 01 October 2014 - 07:06.

#90 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:53

but will there be enough people on the raw pvp side?

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#91 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:56

I believe the system should have a minnimun number of persons to start, like, don't know, 30 people?

If there is not that much online, so all Raw players should be at the Soft side, automatcly.

don't know if that is a good way to deal with that anyway.

#92 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:05

I would also accept the implemention of the new system, even without XP Loss, but with a promisse that HCS will find a way to implement that back into the game as soon as possible, on a fair way without hurting the game. I just don't like to lose XP Loss for good.

#93 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:08

thing is calculating combat between the raw and soft side would be pretty hard i think ...

you could see the raw side like the current pvp ladder you opt in for it and get an extra reward if you succeed

thing is it would be dead...

and pvp/pvpladder being dead = the problem for the pvp'ers

so i personally don't think that this would be the solution.

you could add a raw pvp ladder as a bonus where they gain double the "blood" etc etc with a multiplier where they can gain an edge on the soft players they fight for their pvp exp with the extra risk of their own exp.

i personally wouldn't keep the dominance on the ladder however because most likely there will be more players fighting for a first spot on the soft side.

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#94 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:13

I really don't think there will - certainly not as an on-going scenario ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#95 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:15

I would also accept the implemention of the new system, even without XP Loss, but with a promisse that HCS will find a way to implement that back into the game as soon as possible, on a fair way without hurting the game. I just don't like to lose XP Loss for good.

I'd LOVE to hear ANY suggestion that involves the loss of XP without players / the game getting hurt.

The fact that it's going is evident to me that it IS hurting the game

So, ideas ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#96 CountFxUup

CountFxUup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:17

Am I the only one that seen BG's reply a few pages back saying this idea would never be implemented? So why is it still up for debate? admins already shot it down good try thou first civil pvp forum post ive read were getting along better already lol.

#97 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:21

Mary idea to be able to Opt-In to the XP Loss is a start, we just need to figure out some things about how the hits, BB, prizes and PvPXP level will work for the good of both sides.

#98 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:37

best would be to create a new aspect into the game later that has an opt in system with exp loss let's go without for a while and brainstorm after the implementation of the pvp exp/ no exp loss and then see how we can also get something with exp loss with an opt in system that could get a nice amount of people playing

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#99 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:30

Id like to see it, so i can figure out how to make the levelers cry more then they do now and want the old system back  :D

I do believe I said to stay civil.

OK so maybe ALL gold hits are posted on the "RAW" BB, and all ladder hits and BB clears are posted on the "SOFT" BB ?

That would work.

how would the medals work in this system (dominance, bounty hunter, smasher) ? would there be new ones maybe?

Something to consider once we lock a new system down.

Am I the only one that seen BG's reply a few pages back saying this idea would never be implemented? So why is it still up for debate? admins already shot it down good try thou first civil pvp forum post ive read were getting along better already lol.

I said I don't really see it happening but I did say I'd have Hoofmaster and Zorg look it over with.

#100 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:49

The major problem we're facing is how to deal with with Gold hits coming from players on the Soft side, by those who don't care about PvPXP.

I know about the 'lower PvPXP level, less gold taken', but without seeing the numbers we can't really find a sollution to it.

Will the hitter go to the Raw BB if he gets X or more gold?
Will have a formula to calculate something like X gold taken = Y XP to be taken from BB hits? (I believe that idea is a nice one)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: