89 replies to this topic

#41 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 July 2021 - 14:50

it failed but my move was still a basic attack.

bSOzZCE.jpg

Read the effect of the move... my attack missed(Power Attack) but it was registered as "basic attack". Take some time and go read what the combat move does because it doesn't require me to explain anything to anyone that knows how the skill works but just for you heres a screenshot of the description. take your time... :rolleyes:

YgYPsWG.jpg

still, it appears the combat move basic attack failed due to your attack being lower than opp defense.

some players use basic attack in combat set. also, block gives basic attack.

i have not notice this effect on my use of ice shards.

a picture may be worth a thousand words, but these needed explaining.

a single case seems more of a glitch than an ongoing problem.

#42 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 July 2021 - 15:39

it failed but my move was still a basic attack.

bSOzZCE.jpg

So much misinformation about this OP. Let me clear this up as there are two reasons a basic attack was used in a moves arena.

1. OP used a basic attack.
2. OP used block. Block has been broken for many years now with no fix. HCS should be aware as people have mentioned this for years now. Would be nice if there actually looked into this and resolved the bug.

As for the miss: OP didn’t have enough attack ;)

#43 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 July 2021 - 16:10

As for the miss: OP didn’t have enough attack ;)

Is no one understanding the point? I don't care if my attack missed! That doesn't matter, my move was a basic attack after ice shard failed to freeze me. No I do not have block! If my move was any other special I know I would of missed but again that is not the point! Sheesh

sigma_468x60.jpg

#44 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 July 2021 - 16:21

Below is an image with how freeze works. So, I’m still confused by the OP.

cTcChRj.jpeg

Edited by Tilley10, 05 July 2021 - 18:19.

#45 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 12:59

Read the effect of the move... my attack missed(Power Attack) but it was registered as "basic attack". Take some time and go read what the combat move does because it doesn't require me to explain anything to anyone that knows how the skill works but just for you heres a screenshot of the description. take your time... :rolleyes:

YgYPsWG.jpg

Maybe the description of the move misleading but if you read it in simple way it will just freeze next move if activated but VS fireblast will negate freeze and VS  block it will freeze block and next move .

In the screenshot you posted you didnt have enough attack so you missed no matter is freeze activated or not.

but it seems there is bugs in Arena Moves for a long while and some players benefit from it.

Edited by shindrak, 07 July 2021 - 13:43.

#46 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 20:49

https://www.fallensw...s&pvp_id=942988
I think Block move is bugged  ,  I'm using block move first but working as Basic attack  ...

as mentioned in another thread, the arena combat move "block" has not worked as described for years. so, fix it? but defend and block are similar in effect. this gives upto 6 moves of same action destroying opponent's game tactics for hard won moves.

#47 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 21:11

as mentioned in another thread, the arena combat move "block" has not worked as described for years. so, fix it? but defend and block are similar in effect. this gives upto 6 moves of same action destroying opponent's game tactics for hard won moves.

I know they are same effect but there is differences in defense against others moves, you have to look at other moves to know which is better Defend or Block.

But yea some moves need rework...

Block will make more sense if it works as below against other Moves 

Blocks Physical offensive moves and Hits against defensive or magic moves

PowerAttack Blocked but still increase damage for next combats , Piercing strike Blocked still reduce 25% of armor and SpinAttack blocked still increase attack , Critical attack blocked and increase damage by 10% for next combats , Lunge blocked still reduce armor by 50% for next combats  )

at same time it can hit against other moves with 50% damage , why? because blocking is done with weapons not shield so they can be used to attack ;) ... need to use imagination that will make sense !

#48 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 July 2021 - 11:37

Hi there everyone.

The duration between Arena Tournament rounds has now been dropped from 10 minutes to 5. We hope you like the update. :)

~ Grim

#49 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2021 - 19:17

Hi there everyone.

The duration between Arena Tournament rounds has now been dropped from 10 minutes to 5. We hope you like the update. :)

~ Grim

Not sure why it went up to 10, but it used to be 2. Would have been nice to have that restored, but 5 is still better than 10

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#50 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 02:21

Not sure why it went up to 10, but it used to be 2. Would have been nice to have that restored, but 5 is still better than 10

Probably when hoof was messing around with abunch of backend stuff  that messed up arena and abunch of other stuff. Most likely to do with app compatibility or maybe something else. It's likely far too much work for him to make it work again for 2 mins and doesn't want to do it? When arena got fixed it was moved to 10 mins.

Guessing really. 

#51 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 20:13

I suspect it has something to do with load or latency on the database due to the caching layer, similar to why we get timeouts when the ladder resets and why AM is no longer instant.

#52 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 20:49

I suspect it has something to do with load or latency on the database due to the caching layer, similar to why we get timeouts when the ladder resets and why AM is no longer instant.

What do you mean AM is no longer instant? It's possible to kill faster than AM can activate itself?

Edited by EpicPiety, 17 July 2021 - 20:49.

#53 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 20:51

What do you mean AM is no longer instant? It's possible to kill faster than AM can activate itself?

“Creature does not exist or was killed by another player.” But, it’s actually still there. I noticed this as well smashing 1,2,3,r too quickly for DQs.

Edited by Tilley10, 17 July 2021 - 21:03.

#54 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 23:57

“Creature does not exist or was killed by another player.” But, it’s actually still there. I noticed this as well smashing 1,2,3,r too quickly for DQs.

ya this^

#55 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 23:08

Arena is slow again!  the more high level tourneys spawns the slower it becomes...

Seriously it should be 2 tourneys for every 100 level i have said and many agreed on it , it is fair for all players not only high level players .

We need this modification on how tourneys spawn ,just increase number of tourneys won't help as the tourneys will spawn at higher levels.

#56 Brinmoth

Brinmoth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 August 2021 - 21:37

Arena is slow again!  the more high level tourneys spawns the slower it becomes...

Seriously it should be 2 tourneys for every 100 level i have said and many agreed on it , it is fair for all players not only high level players .

We need this modification on how tourneys spawn ,just increase number of tourneys won't help as the tourneys will spawn at higher levels.

I agree, this really needs to be addressed!

How can Arena be a balanced playing field for all players when low levels are not represented at all!?

Additionally, I believe for the 2 per 100 level range ratio to fulfil its function it needs to have 1 tournament at 1 - 50 and another at 51 - 100 for each 'division' of 100 levels.

#57 Command101

Command101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 August 2021 - 22:58

AMEN!

I feel like it can take a while to hit those sub 100 tournaments and this would be fantastic!

PM me in game if I get out bid on a piece. Thanks.Thaisetqb1_zpsiu932q47.png

#58 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 August 2021 - 23:42

Hi there everyone.

~ Grim

Dear Grim,

I am sad. Many arena players are sad too.

For more than a decade the Arena has been our reason for logging in to Fallen Sword. But the lake is dry and the fish are dying.

Changing the waiting time from 10 minutes to 5 minutes between rounds in a tournament, is like giving a grizzly bear 2 sardines in stead of 1, while a grizzly bear eats salmon. If the problem is in the database, please don't compromise the player experience by taking the easiest programming route. 

Please listen to Pointyhair, because he speaks both your language on database stuff and our language of the FS addicts.

Please listen to Shindrak, because he has made the Arena his PhD. Shindrak is the Magnus Carlsen of the FS Arena. The chess community listens to Magnus Carlsen. The FS community listens to Shindrak.

At the minimum, what the community really wants to hear is that HCS is working on bringing back the smoother experience of the Arena with its varied level spawns and its quick and easy tournament results. Even if this means as "a long term goal".

Sardines are for stray cats who haven't tasted salmon.

We are grizzly bears. Rrrrawwr.  ;)

#59 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 07:19

Dear Grim,

I am sad. Many arena players are sad too.

For more than a decade the Arena has been our reason for logging in to Fallen Sword. But the lake is dry and the fish are dying.

Changing the waiting time from 10 minutes to 5 minutes between rounds in a tournament, is like giving a grizzly bear 2 sardines in stead of 1, while a grizzly bear eats salmon. If the problem is in the database, please don't compromise the player experience by taking the easiest programming route. 

Please listen to Pointyhair, because he speaks both your language on database stuff and our language of the FS addicts.

Please listen to Shindrak, because he has made the Arena his PhD. Shindrak is the Magnus Carlsen of the FS Arena. The chess community listens to Magnus Carlsen. The FS community listens to Shindrak.

At the minimum, what the community really wants to hear is that HCS is working on bringing back the smoother experience of the Arena with its varied level spawns and its quick and easy tournament results. Even if this means as "a long term goal".

Sardines are for stray cats who haven't tasted salmon.

We are grizzly bears. Rrrrawwr.  ;)

Starting with removing 25% guild limit if people are using their own untagged personal gear. Sure keep it for those using tagged gear, no reason outside of that to restrict. If you are joining with your own personal gear it is exactly the same as if you were guildless or in another guild absolutely no difference.

Make it 25% guild limit for those using tagged gear. Let it be overridden if someone is using all their own gear.

Edited by EpicPiety, 08 August 2021 - 07:21.

#60 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 August 2021 - 11:11

Starting with removing 25% guild limit if people are using their own untagged personal gear. Sure keep it for those using tagged gear, no reason outside of that to restrict. If you are joining with your own personal gear it is exactly the same as if you were guildless or in another guild absolutely no difference.

Make it 25% guild limit for those using tagged gear. Let it be overridden if someone is using all their own gear.

dumb rule LOL i wont explain why, cos things are better dumb, that said, could we at least have a marker for if a tournament is maxxed on guild members, oh wait, thats smart :o

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: