Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2017 - 15:27

Below is a list of milestones that we're aiming for while developing the Fallen Sword App.

For each milestone, we're aiming to release a beta version of the app for those that are interested to try out and give feedback on.

We aren't planning to make the game available on the App Store / Google Play until all the (core) features are implemented, but we want to be able to give early versions via the beta so we can make sure it works well before we open it up to everyone. Note the beta won't have final artwork, but the focus is ensuring all the game functionality is there!

If you're interested in taking part in the beta, you can find more info on it here:

The app currently has all core gameplay functionalities of the browser version, with the addition of quality of life improvements.

v0.7.7 - Released!
News rewards
Performance fixes
Stability fixes
Usage enhancements

v0.7.8 - In Development
Account linking with 3rd Party like Facebook, GameCenter and Google Play

Future releases:
-Mailbox and log system redesign
-App Tutorial
-Push Notifications
-In App Purchasing
-Earn FSP via ads
-Premium shop

Join The Beta
If you have yet to try the Fallen Sword Mobile Beta then you can join using the links below.

Android: Here
IOS: Here

~The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Badomun

Badomun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 March 2017 - 15:43

If you're interested in taking part in the beta, you can find more info on it here:

Do we need to resign up for the Beta?

#3 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2017 - 16:31

Do we need to resign up for the Beta?

Nope! :)

#4 xroperr

xroperr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 20:00

Looks amazing 👍🏼

#5 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2017 - 16:53

v0.1 is now in QA and we're hoping to have it available to beta test either later this week or early next :)

#6 mickabooth

mickabooth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2017 - 19:08

well i tryed to download the app on my iphone and when i hit redeem with the code given it says the code has expiered so looks like im lucked out :(

#7 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2017 - 00:08

well i tryed to download the app on my iphone and when i hit redeem with the code given it says the code has expiered so looks like im lucked out :(

I saw you had feedback on the other thread - did you manage to get it installed ok?

#8 ThreepwoodTED

ThreepwoodTED

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 14:31

Like the design so far. Would like to see a repair all button, maybe a gauge to track overall armor status.

#9 kentcapone

kentcapone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:45

The beta looks great on i phone. Going to install on i pad soon.
Is there a dedicated forum thread for beta questions and or suggestions ?

#10 CraftyHydro

CraftyHydro

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 22:58

Downloaded the app for Android. Can not create new account, button greyed out, won't engage. Only link account works. Any fix or work around?

#11 CraftyHydro

CraftyHydro

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 23:02

Sry,just read reply in other thread. All is well, carry on.

#12 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2017 - 23:22

Sry,just read reply in other thread. All is well, carry on.

:)

#13 NewLufie97

NewLufie97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 17:39

I dont know if this is a bug or u guys will be doing it afterwards.. But having animal magnetism on.. I cannot refresh.. Or the refresh is not working..

Another thing is that.. Hunting on browser of ur comp is still much more time saving n easy than the phone.. I mean.. If u guys want people to play on the mobile. Then shouldn't hunting be at least as easy as the comp.

For example.. I just type 12345678 n creature r killed instantly.. I even have the monkey something to help block creatures below the dungeon level.. Mobile cannot do this but at least.. Do something like if u place ur finger long enough on some creature.. Then all that type of creatures will be selected n u can kill thrm all off..

#14 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 May 2017 - 19:23

I dont know if this is a bug or u guys will be doing it afterwards.. But having animal magnetism on.. I cannot refresh.. Or the refresh is not working..

Another thing is that.. Hunting on browser of ur comp is still much more time saving n easy than the phone.. I mean.. If u guys want people to play on the mobile. Then shouldn't hunting be at least as easy as the comp.

For example.. I just type 12345678 n creature r killed instantly.. I even have the monkey something to help block creatures below the dungeon level.. Mobile cannot do this but at least.. Do something like if u place ur finger long enough on some creature.. Then all that type of creatures will be selected n u can kill thrm all off..

Refresh isn't quite implemented yet.  Hopefully in the next update....  I still use it for GE's and walking DQ's.... 

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#15 Ali

Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 13:43

Visually, the app looks great! When it is fully playable, it might just get me back in the fold. I have been away for a few years because I haven't had time to sit at a computer to play. Kudos on making the leap to mobile.

One thing jumped out at me when I was looking: Tapping on the icon for a monster causes the monster's name to appear above it. Could you please make it more legible? Different color, contrasting background, whatever? It is basically illegible on my phone.

Looking forward to seeing it as it develops.

#16 Ali

Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 13:54

I have to agree about the efficiency of the hunting system on the app. If you have tens of thousands of stamina to burn, killing Critters one at a time is just not going to happen. I don't have time to spend two or three hours completing a hunt.

I know that you had spoken out against Auto kill, and for good reasons. But there needs to be some way to speed up the hunting process while not interfering with other players ability to play the game. Aside from using a Doubler 5 million, of course! :)

#17 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 May 2017 - 15:43

I have to agree about the efficiency of the hunting system on the app. If you have tens of thousands of stamina to burn, killing Critters one at a time is just not going to happen. I don't have time to spend two or three hours completing a hunt.

I know that you had spoken out against Auto kill, and for good reasons. But there needs to be some way to speed up the hunting process while not interfering with other players ability to play the game. Aside from using a Doubler 5 million, of course! :)

I do believe hoof mentioned somewhere that things like the ability to refresh so that AM will work and a more streamlined way of getting from critter #1 to critter #8 will be implemented eventually.  There IS a roadmap up there after all....   :) 

I only wish the fight player screens were available, so I could use it for GvG's and the odd PvP DQ.... maybe soon  :wub: 

Obviously as a beta it's in the testing stages.  So there are things you have to go to a browser to do yet, including traveling through ports and donning the appropriate gear set.   And I'm so glad we're coming here with feedback so hoof and the app team can know what we want and need and make it so  :P 

But all in all, I think the app runs pretty smoothly so far, and I can't wait to see what is coming next.  And once it's complete, I'll probably use it full time to play... :wub: 

Edited by BadPenny, 17 May 2017 - 16:08.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#18 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 13:03

wow, never​ really thought about it before. If there was an option in the preferences maybe. To be able to fight all the monsters in the action list at once. Win or loose. Before refreshing. That would save some players time.

Even though I play from my phone now. And like it. I still use the browser window on Google. It's great and I have no problems. Other than some difficulty moving around the map if I minimize it. I do hope I will not be forced to use the app instead of the way I play now. It may turn me off to FS.

#19 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 July 2017 - 13:28

What's the status hoof? I know .php isn't the most optimal system to do this with. Are you doing a partial rewrite? (Like c# might be a good language to look at if you are).

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#20 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 July 2017 - 21:32

I noticed another big time mmo is making a mobile app client guys... any sign of when 0.2 is rolling out???

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: