#1 mickabooth

mickabooth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2015 - 19:59

I just been trying to talk to a player from Germany who has just started to play the game I had a feeling he was trying to use a translator to understand what I was talking about. I would like to suggest the ability automatically translate text from many languages to a specific one so if you are German it would translate all other languages to German or if you are from Italy then all text would change to Italian something like google translate can detect a given text and change it to a predetermined languages

possibly have a check box in game menu settings with a drop down menu of languages which you can select the languages all others will be converted into and this option can be switched on or off as required

With the addition of this player’s from all over the world can speak to others without the need to know English as the high majority of the players prefer English as the main game languages the ones with week English are at a disadvantage this would remove the confusions but only if it is added and the translations given were reliable

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

#2 Fowkz

Fowkz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Brazil

Posted 11 October 2015 - 20:09

I agree with you, today, even in mobile gaming is no such translation option, identifying the language, and translating for her. For some players who no longer have so easily to understand English is completely lost in the game.

It would also help if you had a kind of private window when you whisper to another player, so not there would be a mess as it currently is.

#3 CandyCandy

CandyCandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • France

Posted 11 October 2015 - 21:05

90% of my time i use this translator... !

Goodbye everybody, I may come back in the game in 2058 biggrin.png

#4 Iwashi

Iwashi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 22:44

Oh.. Quite a hard request there... It would be nice for those that don't understand English. The interface can be translated in the game core and changed at the users will, but a built-in auto translator... I think it would be quite a hardship. =/ And besides, maybe the simple act of trying to understand English, even if using the translator, they could learn one thing or two and make it easier to communicate :)
I would like my son to interact with a full English community/gameplay to help him develop his linguistic skill rather than just translate it all to his native language. :D I know it can be hard for some to learn new languages, but sadly the gaming community is overruled by English.

Iwashi: Prophmage

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆Gathering☆≈ *¨¨*:·.
Crystal Cutting:19 - Farming:27 - Fishing:32 - Foraging:32 - Forestry:32 - Prostecting:30 - Skinning:17

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆Crafting☆≈ *¨¨*:·.
Alchemy:32 - Armorsmithign:10 - Cooking:33 - Jewelry:17 - Leatherworking:10 - Tailoring:20 - Weaponsmithing:23

#5 Linkondrugs

Linkondrugs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:38

This is at the end of the list lol ask for things that matter...

Gathering:

Crystal Cutting:  49  | Fishing:  49  | Forestry:  49  | Skinning:  49  | Farming:  49  Foraging:  49  | Prospecting:   49 |

Crafting:

Alchemy: 49  Cooking:  49  | Leatherworking:  49  | Weaponsmithing:  49  | Armorsmithing:  49  | Jewelry:  49  | Tailoring: 49

5,000+ Hours Logged, Closed Beta Player, Richest Merchant Around ;D

#6 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:49

This would require all stuff in quests, chats, skills, talents and so much more, to get translated too. Even getting 2-3 languages to have those, it would prolly take months, perhaps years.

I personally learned english while playing MMO games.. We shouldnt think this as problem at all. People willl learn english.

BUYING ALL EP 6G/ea. Huge amounts of gold. Also buying all high level gear, gems and rares with gold. Will not run out of gold so your offer is always priority. Buying everything.

Head to: https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75969For more information!

-Gold Mine team.

#7 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:00

I have to agree with the 'take too long' and 'less important right now' people.  But a built in translator of some type on chat is a really cool idea for an international game.  It doesn't have to be real time, a translate button would work well enough (while still encouraging players to learn English, if that's what they want).

Maybe I could start using Pig Latin or Swedish Chef!  (http://www.cs.utexas.../home/chef.html)

Efee iff, leeke-a me-a, yuoo oonly speek oone-a lungooege-a thees cuoold steell be-a foon. Bork Bork Bork!

;)

Edited by Irradiated, 12 October 2015 - 12:01.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#8 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 19:20

Also: I doubt that people who talk foreign languages, do speak their own language perfectly. So translations would be misleading and show stuff that they really did not mean.

BUYING ALL EP 6G/ea. Huge amounts of gold. Also buying all high level gear, gems and rares with gold. Will not run out of gold so your offer is always priority. Buying everything.

Head to: https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75969For more information!

-Gold Mine team.

#9 Fowkz

Fowkz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Brazil

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:59

I agree only that the translation should be applied in the chat only, mainly to facilitate communication between two people who speak different languages. And some have even difficulty with English.
 As the "most important things" this post is in an area that tells suggestion, that is, is just a IDEA. And all ideas are welcome right?  :D

#10 Lalalalalalalala

Lalalalalalalala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:31

Just add a copy-paste feature in the chat box such a button beside each texts line. That's helpful enough for people whom either wants to share some links, re-send the entered chats to other people, or even paste it in a translator so they could communicate with people whom using different languages. An additional 'Report' button feature would also helpful in reporting scammers, spammers, beggars, or any abuse without bothering to take screenshots and send a ticket. A built-in translator for a game would take a very long of time to finish.

Btw, I had a hard time trying to help a level 5 player whom was lost in Crannoch Harbor. He spoke Portuguese and didn't understand English at all. So I had to re-type exactly what he said then paste it in a translator, then he asked if I was from Brazil lol

#11 mickabooth

mickabooth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 October 2015 - 20:00

I agree only that the translation should be applied in the chat only, mainly to facilitate communication between two people who speak different languages. And some have even difficulty with English.
 As the "most important things" this post is in an area that tells suggestion, that is, is just a IDEA. And all ideas are welcome right?  :D

this is exactly what i was thinking just in a chat posibly in a separate chat or in "custom chat" so it is there if you need it

as i did say have a check box in a drop down menu of languages which you can select the language you speak and the one to convert so a basic database to start with adding new langages over time

#12 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2015 - 20:01

Btw, I had a hard time trying to help a level 5 player whom was lost in Crannoch Harbor. He spoke Portuguese and didn't understand English at all. So I had to re-type exactly what he said then paste it in a translator, then he asked if I was from Brazil lol

I had the same exact experience; I wind up using google translate to see what he was saying. A copy/paste feature as Shovel said would be a great idea and simpler since implementing a translate feature would take a while.

As others should learn English, those who speak English should learn another language.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#13 Lalalalalalalala

Lalalalalalalala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:38

I had the same exact experience

Or you copy-pasted my experience? :ph34r:

#14 mickabooth

mickabooth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:18

Just add a copy-paste feature in the chat box such a button beside each texts line. That's helpful enough for people whom either wants to share some links, re-send the entered chats to other people, or even paste it in a translator so they could communicate with people whom using different languages. An additional 'Report' button feature would also helpful in reporting scammers, spammers, beggars, or any abuse without bothering to take screenshots and send a ticket. A built-in translator for a game would take a very long of time to finish.

at first this option souned good in the EC squar that might be fine

over the past days i have teamed up with some players who speak portuguese and when in battal i can see them talking but as i dont understand them i dont know if they are asking me to do a special move or what

if i could set a translating matrix to convert portuguese to english i could join in the conversation as it was i had to screen shot the convosation and find out later ehat was being said

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: