#1 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 16 May 2013 - 15:19

Would like to request PVP be optional..maybe PVP zones, many PVP players are opting to be de-leveled...so basically they get rewarded everytime their put on the bounty board there's no punishment in that... me on the other hand I have to pay for deflect or bounty tickets and it's just not fair, if your going to have a PVP system it needs to be better formulated to avoid this abuse, the general consensus is if your pvping your doing it for gold or pvp rating not to harass players with attacks because you want de-leveled...maybe make a rebirth potion where you go back to level one only you don't get to gain skill or attribute points...this way everybody wins

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#2 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 20:16

Too much work for something that is already in place. Its called the PvP Ladder, where PvPers go at it at each other. 

#3 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 21:59

The best thing to do about PvP when you don't want to PvP.. TOTALLY ignore it.. Don't attack, bounty, message(in game/forum) or anything else that involves you participating in any part of PvP in Fallen Sword. DON'T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE PVP EXISTS IN YOUR BIO OR REAL LIFE!! Keep the gold on hand at a minimum, continue to climb those levels, and you have opt'd out of PvP all together  :ph34r:

#4 Librian

Librian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 23:49

The best thing to do about PvP when you don't want to PvP.. TOTALLY ignore it.. Don't attack, bounty, message(in game/forum) or anything else that involves you participating in any part of PvP in Fallen Sword. DON'T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE PVP EXISTS IN YOUR BIO OR REAL LIFE!! Keep the gold on hand at a minimum, continue to climb those levels, and you have opt'd out of PvP all together  :ph34r:

+1 I havent been attacked for ages... 

fizzsig_zps9cbcae53.png

Want a signature or avi like mine? If yes, than visit my shop! :)

My avi/signature shop: http://tinyurl.com/oqr6cqr

#5 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:23

My suggestion to you is to stop spending all your stam on pure leveling for 3-4 weeks. Go pick up some bounties (and there are usually plenty available cheaply for your range) and try to earn a bronze BH medal, or do some GvG's. Take a little time to explore the PvP aspect of the game and learn mechanics and set-ups. With GvG, you will not lose any experience, and generally 10 stam bounty clears do not get counter-bountied. Once you have a fair understanding about how buffs and stats can affect you more than a PvE environment, go out and make a 100 stam attack on someone holding too much gold in hand (requirements vary by players). Continue doing this UNTIL someone bounties you and brings a delevel team to take 5 away. Once you gain those lost levels back, you should find that the PvP aspect of the game is not the "scary boogieman" people sometimes think it is. you may find that you actually like it.

#6 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:28

Hmm wonder how you spell deleveled backwards?  :huh:  <_<

No matter how devoid of a roundabout manner you ask PvP to be optional, there's no way around it to become so. It has for its eventuality, maybe not to you anyway, turned out to be recognized as mandatory and hardly ever headed into the provisional stages so you're not going to have people readily agreeing into consignation as mentioned more than enough times above for your suggestion(s). If you desire an uplift of PvP here at fallensword by your convenient standards and/or cup of tea, feel free to venture yourself elsewhere. FS has enough players jumping into cockpits daily and laying down the law as they please.  ;)

There may be no known punishments or penalties to you for getting deleveled but compared to a player of whom has matching lvl and VL, the latter does have its limitations. You're overlooking something here. Deflect is affordable to say the least and a lot of recipients get it for free without a second thought; many of those that truly partake in the BB going on the offensive stage often buff the one getting pummeled with def which in the end of it all doesn't flood your log without much of a challenge. Of course you could delete the buff out of the cosmos if you want to get a replaceable one or actually do choose to get deleveled more. It costs one dirt cheap fsp to get 100 bounty tickets again and again which is like the least overpriced aspect of the game, and all of this holds true during the time pvp was considered to be officially dead to some extent. Some mates outgrew the PvP system the way it is(was), others not so much; it is not going to change if you request it like that.

Another thing, the cows themselves have said PvP is part of the game and will only say it again in point blank range. For it to be optional would only undermine the PvP aspect for what it's worth. As of before and now, they are more focused fixing up the ladder among other possible tweaks no matter how uncomfortable this may sound to you.

The very idea for PvP to be optional is.. how should I put it so you could better understand it?.. optional. It will ultimately be the lesser pet peeve. You can stick with your words as much as you like; that is fine. But the cows are the ones composing and saying what to make of it. Your idea unfortunately is not exactly a cohesive, revolutionary one, rather it is a bit afar from that at this point.

maybe make a rebirth potion where you go back to level one only you don't get to gain skill or attribute points...this way everybody wins

How you say everybody wins is like saying no picky eater wants a lollipop or that everybody is imploringly in need of a devoid of gold sinks. This would just give way to exploits and complaint after complaint. The cows are not practically going to go out of their way to make such potions when they already give you so many windows of opportunities. 

eqnq15.png                  

#7 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 21:29

Sage advice, to be sure...

#8 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 21:35

Too much work for something that is already in place. Its called the PvP Ladder, where PvPers go at it at each other. 

Actually, the PvP ladder does not exclude non-PvP players from the PvP aspect of the game, so this is not at all a solution. It is unfortunate that the game does not recognize this adequately.  Unless you buy, or can afford to buy top gear, you are more vulnerable to PvPing.  That's a fact.

Rebornjedi gives great advice on this - ignore, hold little gold (other your bank), and don't make "threats" to PvPers in your BIO, that will just ramp them up.

There isn't anything that gives a valid choice for players to opt out of PvPing -- you can opt in to the ladder -- but all players are subjected to PvPing within the game constructs -- there's no escaping it and you will be hit every so often -- or sooner.

#9 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 21:45

Hmm wonder how you spell deleveled backwards?  :huh:  <_<

No matter how devoid of a roundabout manner you ask PvP to be optional, there's no way around it to become so. It has for its eventuality, maybe not to you anyway, turned out to be recognized as mandatory and hardly ever headed into the provisional stages so you're not going to have people readily agreeing into consignation as mentioned more than enough times above for your suggestion(s). If you desire an uplift of PvP here at fallensword by your convenient standards and/or cup of tea, feel free to venture yourself elsewhere. FS has enough players jumping into cockpits daily and laying down the law as they please.  ;)

There may be no known punishments or penalties to you for getting deleveled but compared to a player of whom has matching lvl and VL, the latter does have its limitations. You're overlooking something here. Deflect is affordable to say the least and a lot of recipients get it for free without a second thought; many of those that truly partake in the BB going on the offensive stage often buff the one getting pummeled with def which in the end of it all doesn't flood your log without much of a challenge. Of course you could delete the buff out of the cosmos if you want to get a replaceable one or actually do choose to get deleveled more. It costs one dirt cheap fsp to get 100 bounty tickets again and again which is like the least overpriced aspect of the game, and all of this holds true during the time pvp was considered to be officially dead to some extent. Some mates outgrew the PvP system the way it is(was), others not so much; it is not going to change if you request it like that.

Another thing, the cows themselves have said PvP is part of the game and will only say it again in point blank range. For it to be optional would only undermine the PvP aspect for what it's worth. As of before and now, they are more focused fixing up the ladder among other possible tweaks no matter how uncomfortable this may sound to you.

The very idea for PvP to be optional is.. how should I put it so you could better understand it?.. optional. It will ultimately be the lesser pet peeve. You can stick with your words as much as you like; that is fine. But the cows are the ones composing and saying what to make of it. Your idea unfortunately is not exactly a cohesive, revolutionary one, rather it is a bit afar from that at this point.

How you say everybody wins is like saying no picky eater wants a lollipop or that everybody is imploringly in need of a devoid of gold sinks. This would just give way to exploits and complaint after complaint. The cows are not practically going to go out of their way to make such potions when they already give you so many windows of opportunities. 

I have to believe the earliest stages of this game had it so the available gear was incidental and designed more to help with a successful hunt than it was for anything else.  However, as the game evolved, more and more special items have been introduced, making the game more fun and interesting, but also making  making some players much more powerful than others.  There's the rub, the game improves with better and a greater variety of gear, but then that creates more of a gap of those that have and those that don't have much.

A great thing about this game is the Market based system which drives the cost of items - hurray for that!

But, the down side is, that the ardent PvPer has much better gear now, and more than ever, so there isn't much of a fighting chance anymore for all players -- the PvPing is greatly unbalanced.

#10 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 21:52

My suggestion to you is to stop spending all your stam on pure leveling for 3-4 weeks. Go pick up some bounties (and there are usually plenty available cheaply for your range) and try to earn a bronze BH medal, or do some GvG's. Take a little time to explore the PvP aspect of the game and learn mechanics and set-ups. With GvG, you will not lose any experience, and generally 10 stam bounty clears do not get counter-bountied. Once you have a fair understanding about how buffs and stats can affect you more than a PvE environment, go out and make a 100 stam attack on someone holding too much gold in hand (requirements vary by players). Continue doing this UNTIL someone bounties you and brings a delevel team to take 5 away. Once you gain those lost levels back, you should find that the PvP aspect of the game is not the "scary boogieman" people sometimes think it is. you may find that you actually like it.

Yes, try GvGing, that was quite a profitable endeavor before changes, but I am sure remains so (I was lucky enough to do that before the changes).  Yes, if you are only hunting, then explore other aspects of the game -- potion making can make you some gold coins and purple dots as well.  Try the Arena too.

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,850 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 May 2013 - 22:04

Hi there.

This is a PvP game and always has been. We will not be making PvP optional I'm afraid.

~ Grim

#12 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 22:08

Hi there.

This is a PvP game and always has been. We will not be making PvP optional I'm afraid.

~ Grim

thank goodness i saw this thread and BigGrim next to it and nearly fainted

:) 

ezgif-com-gif-maker-20.png

#13 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 22:18

Be thankful that pvp actualy is optional,, you would really hate it if you had to play pvp ladder with Ripplelady :)

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 May 2013 - 23:56

Be thankful that pvp actualy is optional,, you would really hate it if you had to play pvp ladder with Ripplelady :)

The ladder is, as well you know, the only part of PvP that IS optional ...

Any other aspect of it you can get drawn into whether you want to or not. Not saying that's a good or bad thing as there are many ways of limiting your "attractiveness" to a tap/hit, but saying all pvp is optional is grossly misleading. Actively partaking in it is, but passively partaking isn't.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#15 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:28

yea thats true,, its the only part that isnt optional. And made that way because people would not  follow the advice being given here, dont hold gold, dont be an annoying kid then cry if you get hit all day, dont do some noob move like bounty a hunter or ask your guild to delev someone because you were too busy hitting mindless monsters to notice you got a million gold on you, buy protection and dont dare anyone with attack=bounty. The problem is making the ladder optional clearly hasnt ended the complaints and so I stand by what I said,,,people are lucky the ladder players are segregated.

Oh yea in addition to the great advice given here already I think I should point out wearing epics 50-100 levels under your level is like wearing a giant "kick me" sign.

#16 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:46

Hi there.

~ Grim

Fair Enough...PVP Not Optional That's Fine....Now That We Got That Out Of The Way Let's Find A Way To Fix The Problem.

The problem being players harassing others to get de-leveled...If there's no repercussions to it [Bounty Board is what they want] there needs to be a solution which would be my potion idea or something similar, easy to implement,  no pvp zones...Most players suggest hide in a cave?...however the problem with that is you leave the broken mechanic unfixed...theres no secret that many players have quit over this issue of harassment...people join and just want to level their characters in peace...I can deal with gold stealers and PVP players they swoop by then leave that's not a issue but when a player straight up is telling you they want to be deleveled or their going to keep attacking you this becomes a bigger issue...theres a reason the player base is so low, and I can hunch that it's partly do to the veteran players at the top or the people snug in top guilds dismissing what needs fixed...Anything that shuns away players is a problem and you people should know this and I'm going to tell you how it is, just because everything's working out for you, doesn't mean its working for everyone else, I think this would be a step in the right direction...ignoring the problem just leads to more people quitting

I appreciate the advice people but I'm sure everyone is well aware of what attracts players to attack.

#17 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:31

We spoke on a couple specifics to your case in pm already but id like to reply to this here,,,,

first lets define harassment. Theres always 2 sides to every story so in each case you got to ask,, why did this happen?

Theres one side,, some people have what would be described as a mental defect or disorder if they were defending themselves in court,, if someone has singled you out, you have proof of this and theres NO OTHER REASON they are still attacking (including you talking @#$% in pm after the first one) im sure the cows would handle that!

The other side perhaps something you dont even realise you did,, perhaps saying something bad about your listed enemys in bio and listing them there might be a reason they are still attacking. Perhaps you did something they didnt like I have seen pvp hits because someones guildmate took the wrong relic, ive seen people wait years for that noob who bountyed their clean clear untill they are in pvp range. 

The harassment thing aside you seem to have issue with someone in your level, whos hitting people to try and get on bounty and get deleved and you are angry he isnt being "punished" enough to which I explained one of my favorite things,,,

wait till they get to a place they dont want to lose levels anymore and take it up with them then :) Reminds me of a couple fun times. One guy who shall remain nameless bountyed all pvp hits then opted out. His bio said he wanted to go back to level 25. Guess what Ripple did? She waited till he was at 25 then posted her bountys and took him lower than he wanted. Then we enjoyed pointing out your gvg level goes by VL and had a little fun hitting a 225 in 25 gear XD finally after he wnet to sleep she sent him 400k and told every 25 she knew he had it on him,,, these guys dont seem to love pvp as much as they claim they do.

Finally have you ever thought to do something off the wall like get buffed up, stalk the board for him and soft clear all the bountys? Sometimes its more fun to annoy the idiots than play their games by their rules *smiles at all my fans* 

Gonna wrap this novel up quick with the rest,, pvp you say its broken, unfixed, people quit over it

I say its kinda broken and unfixed but there are games where there is no pvp and more people quit over that

people only want to join and level in peace,,, I join and only want to hit people who think out gear, give me a challenge and some risk they may call in help to handle me and I enjoy hitting someone that comes up with funny messages to rant at me about it,,,

Seems to me you dont have a problem with players pvping but with one player doing pvp but at the same time going above and beyond interaction between people in a game should go and maybe its time to put him back in ban because it seems like if it wasnt pvp there would be something else this kind of player would do to make people quit :D

#18 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:16

We spoke on a couple specifics to your case in pm already but id like to reply to this here,,,,

first lets define harassment. Theres always 2 sides to every story so in each case you got to ask,, why did this happen?

Theres one side,, some people have what would be described as a mental defect or disorder if they were defending themselves in court,, if someone has singled you out, you have proof of this and theres NO OTHER REASON they are still attacking (including you talking @#$% in pm after the first one) im sure the cows would handle that!

The other side perhaps something you dont even realise you did,, perhaps saying something bad about your listed enemys in bio and listing them there might be a reason they are still attacking. Perhaps you did something they didnt like I have seen pvp hits because someones guildmate took the wrong relic, ive seen people wait years for that noob who bountyed their clean clear untill they are in pvp range. 

The harassment thing aside you seem to have issue with someone in your level, whos hitting people to try and get on bounty and get deleved and you are angry he isnt being "punished" enough to which I explained one of my favorite things,,,

wait till they get to a place they dont want to lose levels anymore and take it up with them then :) Reminds me of a couple fun times. One guy who shall remain nameless bountyed all pvp hits then opted out. His bio said he wanted to go back to level 25. Guess what Ripple did? She waited till he was at 25 then posted her bountys and took him lower than he wanted. Then we enjoyed pointing out your gvg level goes by VL and had a little fun hitting a 225 in 25 gear XD finally after he wnet to sleep she sent him 400k and told every 25 she knew he had it on him,,, these guys dont seem to love pvp as much as they claim they do.

Finally have you ever thought to do something off the wall like get buffed up, stalk the board for him and soft clear all the bountys? Sometimes its more fun to annoy the idiots than play their games by their rules *smiles at all my fans* 

Gonna wrap this novel up quick with the rest,, pvp you say its broken, unfixed, people quit over it

I say its kinda broken and unfixed but there are games where there is no pvp and more people quit over that

people only want to join and level in peace,,, I join and only want to hit people who think out gear, give me a challenge and some risk they may call in help to handle me and I enjoy hitting someone that comes up with funny messages to rant at me about it,,,

Seems to me you dont have a problem with players pvping but with one player doing pvp but at the same time going above and beyond interaction between people in a game should go and maybe its time to put him back in ban because it seems like if it wasnt pvp there would be something else this kind of player would do to make people quit :D

Well the simple way for someone who wants deleveled is to simply attack monsters and lose?...There's no reason to harass other players into doing it for you unless your trying to literally harass the person...this isn't a big deal in the long run I'm just saying that players shouldn't be going around harassing people just to be a-holes and thats what a select few people are doing causing people to quit...I'm not going to quit over something this small but I would also like to see more players joining and staying and this is one of those things that effects that happening, whenever a player attack me I simply tell them that I don't wish to participate in PVP as its not optional and I'd appreciate it if they'd respect my wishs as theres many other people who they can attack that haven't logged in for days....if they attack again I contact their guild founder...whom either is a respectable founder and asks them to stop or a a-hole founder that has no control over their members...the person attacking me can attack someone else who either pvp's or doesn't play often to notice and they'd still be getting the same thing from me, except they rather harass me knowing I can't do anything about it because they know their punishment is a reward.

#19 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 May 2013 - 16:12

This whole topic is because I gold hit this kid and he threatened to wage war on my guild. So I hit him hourly. PvP is a part of the game...I stole his gold....he got upset and ran his mouth...I smacked him more....he ran to my guild founder and begged him to have me stop....my founder said I was in the right to do what I did....This is PvP....don't threaten something if you won't follow thru.

As far as PvP being broken....I've gained well over 100 levels since rejoining FS, lost about 20+ in 11 days also....I see alot of EOC guys playing the deleveling game on the BB but other than that I see VERY little PvP in FS. At least PvP like the old days. But is it broken? nah....seems the player count in the game is down. Nothing more...nothing less

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#20 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 May 2013 - 20:40

This whole topic is because I gold hit this kid and he threatened to wage war on my guild. So I hit him hourly. PvP is a part of the game...I stole his gold....he got upset and ran his mouth...I smacked him more....he ran to my guild founder and begged him to have me stop....my founder said I was in the right to do what I did....This is PvP....don't threaten something if you won't follow thru.

As far as PvP being broken....I've gained well over 100 levels since rejoining FS, lost about 20+ in 11 days also....I see alot of EOC guys playing the deleveling game on the BB but other than that I see VERY little PvP in FS. At least PvP like the old days. But is it broken? nah....seems the player count in the game is down. Nothing more...nothing less

1. The first attack was for my gold the other 11 were not and thats what I'm calling you on

http://imageshack.us...00/attacks.jpg/ as I have no problem with pvp attacks...you attacked me with 100 Stamina...which with no gold on hand shows your true intentions

2. I didn't threaten to wage war I said that any additional attacks would be taking as deceleration of of war.

3. I respectfully asked your guild founder to forfeit future attacks I did not beg. 
4. PVP isn't attacking to harass people if I actually had gold on me, or you didn't have in your bio that you were doing it purposely to get de-leveled then you'd have a case but we both know you did it just to harass me and your guild founders just as big of a punk taunting me while you did it

http://imageshack.us...5/taunting.png/ you are the type of players that need to be given the boot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: