#41 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 21:36

*Abunch of good stuff*

Omg yes finally... If someone is going to just say no and not suggest something else or build off of or modify don't post anything at all as it's not aiding anything just destructive.

Couldn't of said it better thanks :)

#42 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 August 2017 - 22:40

Grim was talking about this in world chat, and wanted our opinion and ideas on the topic, active decided to be proactive and actually try to get this started.

Funny ? - I'd have thought the cows starting a thread in the forums would have been a good place for a discussion on the topic rather than in the world chat which most players ignore with a vengeance :)

Edited by Pardoux, 05 August 2017 - 22:41.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#43 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 22:48

Funny ? - I'd have thought the cows starting a thread in the forums would have been a good place for a discussion on the topic rather than in the world chat which most players ignore with a vengeance :)

Most aren't allowed there. Maybe BG will post in this thread eventually interested to see his opinion so far.

#44 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 August 2017 - 22:50

Well sorry if Im not you and take screen shots, it must suck to feel people don't trust you or believe you enough that you have too , but you are right though world chat does get ignored a lot. Thats probably why active started this and not someone else.

no offense to you active

#45 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:20

all good cola ,

im sure bg will read this on monday and post something ,but untill then we can debate about it and see if we can come up with an agreeable solution that he can read and go yes or no on

if you read the 1st post it wasnt bg that started the chat in global he just made a comment,so i decided to start a thread in here

but instead typing about who did what and where it was done lets get to sloving titan puzzle ,if it needs solving at all ?

Edited by activeh1, 06 August 2017 - 02:20.

5aZzW0p.png,

#46 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:47

all good cola ,

im sure bg will read this on monday and post something ,but untill then we can debate about it and see if we can come up with an agreeable solution that he can read and go yes or no on

if you read the 1st post it wasnt bg that started the chat in global he just made a comment,so i decided to start a thread in here

but instead typing about who did what and where it was done lets get to sloving titan puzzle ,if it needs solving at all ?

I don't think there's anything TO solve - it's been suggested before that secured titans, if not killed, gradually heal over a period of time, removing the guilds secure (heck, I suggested it...) but nothing came of it.

So, if a titan sits there for months without being cleaned up, so be it - it just means that another one of that kind won't spawn until it IS killed - and thus lowers the supply of said drop.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#47 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:37

I don't think there's anything TO solve - it's been suggested before that secured titans, if not killed, gradually heal over a period of time, removing the guilds secure (heck, I suggested it...) but nothing came of it.

So, if a titan sits there for months without being cleaned up, so be it - it just means that another one of that kind won't spawn until it IS killed - and thus lowers the supply of said drop.

My 3 step plan solves all this. Decreases supply increases demand which also increases competition... Which results in titans dying faster. Unfortunately some of this might involve hoof so it might never see the light of day because he's busy with abunch of other things.

Your totally right in saying that if it stays as is supply will increase but the problem still stands there is no demand far from it.

Edited by EpicPiety, 06 August 2017 - 05:40.

#48 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:53

I wonder what will happen to titan hunting (if/)when the mobile app is done?

As TH is now, some will want to hunt for the competition (if that will be possible on a mobile), whilst some will be very happy to earn themselves epics by clearing secured titans.  Others might be tempted to donate and will be delighted that the price of epics is not ridiculously high (as was the case when they were first introduced).

If you make the spawn rate lower or the chances of securing or clearing harder, or cause the prices to go up too much, I doubt too many will continue to play.

I think it would be far better to leave well alone until the app goes live.  This would also then be an area where updates are possible, which most gamers like to see to keep their interest.

#49 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:10

Epics aren't a necessity they are a luxury. They shouldn't be 10 fsps and flooded to the point there is no demand. Titans also shouldn't be alive for weeks and unhunted makes the game look dreary. Also the mobile app if it is finished won't be done for maybe 2 years at the current pace.

People quitting because of higher epic prices? What. It will give them easier methods of making fsps. They go and hunt the titan and eventually score an item to sell for well more than it would of been otherwise resulting in more upgrades.

Edited by EpicPiety, 06 August 2017 - 10:25.

#50 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 00:11

Read the original post, skimmed the rest.

You can 1) Secure and wait or 2) Finish the Titan off. 

See no need for change.

EDIT:

PS. Just so this doesn't get too misconstrued. Those not wanting to go for anything but the secure. That's theIr decision. They want to wait 3 months. Their decision.

Still see no need for change.

Edited by Egami, 07 August 2017 - 00:16.

#51 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:49

Read the original post, skimmed the rest.

You can 1) Secure and wait or 2) Finish the Titan off. 

See no need for change.

EDIT:

PS. Just so this doesn't get too misconstrued. Those not wanting to go for anything but the secure. That's theIr decision. They want to wait 3 months. Their decision.

Still see no need for change.

But it can't be healthy for titans for it to sit there for 3 months. You have to at least agree to that. Who wants to spend double the time and double the stamina for in some cases only 8 fsps. You make more hunting/frag hunting/plant farming/hitting players for gold... anything really :). Make changes to affect supply and demand and these things will die and become more active without changing any mechanics.

Edited by EpicPiety, 07 August 2017 - 01:55.

#52 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:39

If you secure, send out an underling to clean up after  you. That would help with removing the titan too. Don't want  to do that, then wait. It's so very simple.

#53 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:42

The problem still remains on most titans cleaning TKP simply isn't worth it. You would have to pay someone to clean it and at that point mine as well not even participate at all and that again is not healthy.

#54 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:09

The problem still remains on most titans cleaning TKP simply isn't worth it. You would have to pay someone to clean it and at that point mine as well not even participate at all and that again is not healthy.

Then the supply of that item ceases to flow into the game - isn't that a positive in your book, 'cos eventually, a lot will end up in inactive BP's, thus rendering others with active players, more valuable ?

I think you're solving (or attempting to solve) a problem that doesn't even exist ...

#55 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:16

Then the supply of that item ceases to flow into the game - isn't that a positive in your book, 'cos eventually, a lot will end up in inactive BP's, thus rendering others with active players, more valuable ?

I think you're solving (or attempting to solve) a problem that doesn't even exist ...

The rate of which players enter the game is still slower than they are comming into the game. Still a problem if it wasn't a problem the price would show it. Don't know why people are arguing this obviously something needs to thin the supply. Recipes will do that.

#56 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:25

The rate of which players enter the game is still slower than they are comming into the game. Still a problem if it wasn't a problem the price would show it. Don't know why people are arguing this obviously something needs to thin the supply. Recipes will do that.

I think the possible issue with recipes is that the only people that will benefit (massively, initially at least) are those who are sitting on a plethora of old titan epics.

IF titan DROP epics are to be used in recipes, I'd like to see that happen with NEW titans, so that everyone starts from a level playing field ..

Edited by Pardoux, 07 August 2017 - 07:26.

#57 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:26

I think the possible issue with recipes is that the only people that will benefit (massively, initially at least) are those who are sitting on a plethora of old titan epics.

IF titan DROP epics are to be used in recipes, I'd like to see that happen with NEW titans, so that everyone starts from a level playing field ..

Why not compromise on both... make it require both. If they require both then people who hoarded them cannot mass invent. The lower level newer epics will be useful for lower levels and arena and the epics they invent can be useful for higher levels. Maybe also add some se's and or chest items that aren't currently used either. At that point would be impossible to anticipate and mass invent.

Edited by EpicPiety, 07 August 2017 - 07:29.

#58 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 August 2017 - 22:40

Pay me 10-30fsp and I will clear those Titans for your guilds.

Please leave 5stars on Yelp for my Titan service:)

sigma_468x60.jpg

#59 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 22:54

Fair trade 30 fsps to clear a 10 fsp item :).

#60 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:31

Fair trade 30 fsps to clear a 10 fsp item :).

why even waste stamina and potions for a 10fsp titan? i would leave that to the small guilds.

i got an idea i would like to share. how about if a guild secures a titan and if the titan is not killed within a week it will just bleed to death losing XXXhp(TKP) a day. the bleeding will stop once a player starts attacking again. 

it would be annoying if a player attacks once just to troll hmmm... dang it rob!

sigma_468x60.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: