Photo

Talent Theory Calculator!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Add Feedback (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Shall we add the feedback system to the Talent Theory?

1. Yes (8 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Indifferent (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Removed221770

Removed221770

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 14:49

I've been messing around with the talent theory calculator I believe to be created by Eric E. Coe (WowRefugee). I love the system, and it is extremely helpful to plan ahead, and save your thoughts even if they're not fully developed. Though it is annoying having to ask other players for their opinion about the talent/ability before you get it & have to respec later.

*NOTE: I have messaged both WowRefugee & Irradiated about this topic; get a hold of them for faster results.*

If you agree with me, please vote in the poll I have created for you just for a visual response, I do still expect and encourage a comment.

Here are my suggestions;

(BULLET = DESCRIPTION/PROBLEM || NUMBERS = SUGGESTION/SOLUTION || LETTERS = GOAL)

• Instead of picking and choosing between talents that you're unsure of their potential use, and then having to respec because of it; why not create a Feedback system, where players could comment, vote up, and vote down a talent/ability so other players can be aware of that talent/ability beforehand.

1.) Add an aside to the right of the talent tree, and let players vote. Also will have a link at the bottom to a separate page of just feedback(comments) and votes beside each talent/ability and maybe even class for PvP and PvE.

A.) I will personally create the entire aside, followed by a voting system, and then develop a player feedback section.

If you are in agreement, then please vote up. If not please voice your opinion, and see if we can reach an understanding before you vote down.

Thanks for reading,

Kevin

Edited by Discrete, 16 December 2014 - 15:18.

#2 Kinfa1987

Kinfa1987

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 15:46

omg you and your polles :)

#3 Removed221770

Removed221770

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 18:42

omg you and your polles :)

Ha, I like the visual aspect of it. :D

#4 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2014 - 23:03

Sitting here with Eric (who is the original author, I've signed on recently to help out) now discussing the future of the Talent Planner.  There are a number of enhancements we'd love to see implemented.  Most important is a redesign of the URL format.

This idea is actually very similar to one we have logged in our Fossil CMS.  Although we were considering storing builds with comments, rather than individual talents (thank you Guthix for this suggestion).  Both are very involved, as they require implementation of back end data storage.

The problem is time.  We both have little time to play these days, much less enhance the planner (we get zero compensation for it).

Besides just waiting/hoping for more time, we've been considering a couple of options.  One is ads on the site, which immediately justifies more effort.  Another is going open source, exposing the repository and accepting patches.  Or both.

We'll keep everyone posted as we decide how to move forward.  And thank you for your interest!

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#5 Removed221770

Removed221770

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 23:22

Sitting here with Eric (who is the original author, I've signed on recently to help out) now discussing the future of the Talent Planner.  There are a number of enhancements we'd love to see implemented.  Most important is a redesign of the URL format.

This idea is actually very similar to one we have logged in our Fossil CMS.  Although we were considering storing builds with comments, rather than individual talents (thank you Guthix for this suggestion).  Both are very involved, as they require implementation of back end data storage.

The problem is time.  We both have little time to play these days, much less enhance the planner (we get zero compensation for it).

Besides just waiting/hoping for more time, we've been considering a couple of options.  One is ads on the site, which immediately justifies more effort.  Another is going open source, exposing the repository and accepting patches.  Or both.

We'll keep everyone posted as we decide how to move forward.  And thank you for your interest!

Okay, as I've stated prior to your comment; I'd be willing to help out at no cost to you! :)

#6 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 00:12

love to help on this guys :)

#7 Kinfa1987

Kinfa1987

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:20

Some talents in TalentCalc still showing wrong info, just a heads up...

#8 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2014 - 22:40

The only change we're aware of is for Unstoppable.  That will be fixed this weekend.  I truly appreciate if you know any specific talents or spells that need changing so I can take care of it at the same time.  Otherwise it will have to wait until next time one of us goes through the full list.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#9 Huxtable

Huxtable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 17:10

Flamelash (mage) now increases damage, no longer stuns. :)

#10 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 December 2014 - 00:46

New talent calculator release with the updated text for Unstoppable and Flamelash.  Unfortunately I don't have the time to go through all talents at the moment.  If you see any incorrect text, please post or PM me.

Thank you.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#11 Spri

Spri

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:38

Sorry, maybe I dont have this correct, but I dont see descriptions of the talents in the calculator... what am I doing wrong, or are they not there?

#12 Brioche

Brioche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:16

Sorry, maybe I dont have this correct, but I dont see descriptions of the talents in the calculator... what am I doing wrong, or are they not there?

The descriptions are shown in a tooltip when you mouseover a talent. If you're using a mobile device, you might not be able to see the description.

#13 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 17:21

I would love this considering how I use talenttheory on a daily basis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana