• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:05

Right now we have:

ICC

4 great drops + relics (+ weekly cores and bag)

5 people

4-8 mins

Ascended Dungeons

3/4 average/good drops + relics/prestige

5 people

30mins-60mins (or more)

World Bosses

up to 10 average drops (+ weekly chests)

however many are there

5-10mins

RG/BT

6/8 average drops + remnants + relics (+ weekly chest relics)

5 people

5-20mins

These are the main things being run at end game. Right now ICC is way ahead in terms of reward for time. Sure it needs a bit more effort/tactics to do it well. But it is very profitable if you are lucky enough to be in a team that can happily grind there for hours.

Coming from one of the lucky ones who gets to run it most days I think there should be a reduction in what it gives out. I think ICC should be changed to 5 drops but defined instead of absolutes, and keep the flakes/horsey in there. At the same time, the weekly reward has been nerfed to the extreme, that needs a look at too.

Not only would that not over-saturate the large gem market with players grinding ICC it would also drive prices back up for those running RG/BT and give them a bit more coin for their efforts.

Next is Ascended Dungeons. There has been alot of talk and grumbling about loot in there even before the 47 update. It would be nice now if the rewards given out each boss was similar to that of regular RG/BT in that we get an item, a gem and instead of a rem perhaps a flake (random flake either infernal or normal). This would make people/groups more willing to do ascended dungeons again.

World bosses also need a change in loot. I think each gem should have a 50/50 chance to be defined there.

Lastly, I dont do them, but I hear the rewards for both arena and ToC are both still absurdly low, any chance they can be looked at too. Anyone that does them with ideas?

All that being said. I am happy for it to stay the same, and I will continue to benefit from ICC :) and build my gems :)

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#2 hidulphus

hidulphus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:18

agreed on all point. i believe someone mentioned this before in the forum.

#3 Anameisaname

Anameisaname

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:37

I agree there should be more endgame stuff and that's hopefully coming in 50 update but i don't think i agree with making icc drop worse gems. After more than 30 hours of doing icc, which is like a month i think i'm still not even 10% done with gems.

Maybe buff rg/bt gem drops a bit. That way they are still worth doing for lower geared players.

I think that maybe, at lvl 50 there could be gems better than perfect but require new materials and perfect gems to make.

And hopefully, they don't give just 100 bonus spellpower but at least 300 instead. I mean who wants to pay an entire fortune amount of gems to get 0.5% more dps.. Most of my friends that have 11% rubies said they done with upgrading them, why? Because it's not cost efficient at all. Much rather get tens of thousands of ep than almost 1% dps..

So yeah, maybe if after perfect gems start giving much bigger bonuses it would motivate people to actually upgrade them.

But to be honest after almost 200 icc runs, it becomes boring as hell, i know about 5 tanks and healers that know how to do it and almost never join anyone else. We chit chat during runs all the time, like we having a picnic and not a boss fight xD

Needs more dodging and tactics. Maybe random events or something.. Like at 75% hp a random event happens, either:

-she places bombs on 3 random members of party

-she stuns the tank for 2 seconds

Or at 25% hp she starts spawning adds that are actually bombs, they have a tiny bit of hp and can be 1 shotted but if they come near you they blow up and do lots of damage.

That should keep us on our toes :D

#4 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:50

ICC

4 great drops + relics (+ weekly cores and bag)

5 people

4-8 mins

These are the main things being run at end game. Right now ICC is way ahead in terms of reward for time. Sure it needs a bit more effort/tactics to do it well. But it is very profitable if you are lucky enough to be in a team that can happily grind there for hours.

Coming from one of the lucky ones who gets to run it most days I think there should be a reduction in what it gives out. I think ICC should be changed to 5 drops but defined instead of absolutes, and keep the flakes/horsey in there. At the same time, the weekly reward has been nerfed to the extreme, that needs a look at too.

Not only would that not over-saturate the large gem market with players grinding ICC it would also drive prices back up for those running RG/BT and give them a bit more coin for their efforts.

All that being said. I am happy for it to stay the same, and I will continue to benefit from ICC :) and build my gems :)

how long has it been opened...... and now a thread. The people who got ICC and grinded it made out like bandits so the only people that suffer are the late adopters with the nerfs. The people who grinded it are minted and sorted. Now lets nerf it for the people that follow :rolleyes:  . How noble of you to be so concerned about them.

It is a situation of leave it as it is, the people who benefited ......... well ...... benefited and the late adopters are the ones who are back handed because they were late to the party.  So they should earn less because the people before now have their fill. Reminds me of all those times people called for nerfs as they were hardcore grinding solo dungeons as they were calling for nerfs...... who benefited from that again ..... hmmmmmm.

#5 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:01

Remove all drops from peeps that have already mass farmed ICC if and when it gets nerfed? :P

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#6 Anameisaname

Anameisaname

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:04

I'm fine with rewarding early adopters a bit, they max their gear/gems and know how to play, why not reward them? Yea i'm a bit jelly to those who sold horses for 4k ep but screw it, not the end of the world.

Yeah nerfing drops after some already benefited is always tricky and not recommended to do.

Key is rewarding top players but also allowing newbies to catch up. 

#7 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:18

how long has it been opened...... and now a thread.

Dont know if its the first thread about it or not, but it has definitely been mentioned before plenty of times.

I can see what your saying, and like I said, am happy to leave it like this so that others can enjoy the nice loots in ICC, but I do think it is going to continue to drive prices way down on the gem market.

When lvl 50 is here

#8 Anameisaname

Anameisaname

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:22

"but I do think it is going to continue to drive prices way down on the gem market."

And that's a bad thing.. because? Before icc people who didn't whale and buy 100.000+ ep had almost no way of getting best gems.. 

Now everyone who plays has a chance.

#9 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:29

i gotta agree with Fable on this, as i myself along with others have posted in previous threads, players seem to exploit (if that is the correct term) new content, then once they've had their fill, they call for nerf. when Storymode first got introduced i ran the Vault on an alt, thought it was OP with experience gain and reported it straight away to some devs, L3fty and Anakiro if i recall correct, also i myself was unable to power to ICC at the time as my PSU packed up and could only log on a crappy lappy, now i have replaced my PSU and are able to do ICC ( did a couple of runs but was getting DC's) but find it hard to get a group as those that do run it have regular groups,this is quite understandable as loyalty to fellow players that did ICC in the first place is good, what isn't good is calling for a nerf after running it loads of times and getting untold rewards, should of been reported after the first completion or let it stand as it is :)

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#10 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:47

I dont know if it was "reported" or not, but from the first day of completions it has been brought up quite a few times that the loot from ICC is going to:

make rich richer

increase the gap of top players

only be available to a select few unless you get a lucky invite or manage to find a group of people to do it

Anyway, moving on from ICC, how about changes to the other ones?

When lvl 50 is here

#11 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 13:47

I dont know if it was "reported" or not, but from the first day of completions it has been brought up quite a few times that the loot from ICC is going to:

make rich richer

increase the gap of top players

only be available to a select few unless you get a lucky invite or manage to find a group of people to do it

Anyway, moving on from ICC, how about changes to the other ones?

Point one  "make rich richer" ......... NO  cutting off icc and nerfing the loot makes the current gem holders richer.

"Increase the gap of top players"  NO cutting off icc and nerfing the loot makes the current gem holders strongest with longer times to catching them and yielding them more ep.

"only be available to a select few unless you get a lucky invite or manage to find a group of people to do it"

NO ....... same situation would occur to your last point even if the rewards were nerfed. I only see the benefits to the current holders no matter what way you look at it.

The horse has bolted, if these things were worrying you and all the other people in ICC on the first few days of you all doing it. The issues should have been raised then. I saw no big alarm bells thread. Now it just looks like some have gemmed up and gorged and aquired rakes of infernal flakes and now want the well to be locked up to slow others that follow.

Edited by HappyDays, 22 April 2015 - 13:47.

#12 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 April 2015 - 14:21

i stopped reading when you mentioned to lower the rewards and stuff... heres my views on this

Now that you got everything your heart desires from it you want to lower reward for people who havent even finished one run of it ?

I am a healer... and i cant heal icc, ive been trying to work my way up, finding new ways to get better and better i done many dungeon runs trying new things. ive died lots of times and paid thousands of gold on repairs and im still not good enough, my point is you must be very good to complete icc.

The rich players the very lucky ones and the ones who throw all there money at hcs are the very good ones ... because they can afford to by the best gems, the best gear ect and ICC is just another way for them to get richer ... and now that your richer you want to lower rewards for those who cant do it yet just because you got everything you want from it? 

the rich get richer and the poor gets poorer

• KeS likes this

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#13 hidulphus

hidulphus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 16:49

i stopped reading when you mentioned to lower the rewards and stuff... heres my views on this

Now that you got everything your heart desires from it you want to lower reward for people who havent even finished one run of it ?

I am a healer... and i cant heal icc, ive been trying to work my way up, finding new ways to get better and better i done many dungeon runs trying new things. ive died lots of times and paid thousands of gold on repairs and im still not good enough, my point is you must be very good to complete icc.

The rich players the very lucky ones and the ones who throw all there money at hcs are the very good ones ... because they can afford to by the best gems, the best gear ect and ICC is just another way for them to get richer ... and now that your richer you want to lower rewards for those who cant do it yet just because you got everything you want from it? 

the rich get richer and the poor gets poorer

wrong. 

i did icc on my alt (tanker)without full gem(unless you call all glim opal is full gem)

using lvl 45 heroic shield and lvl 45 rare weapon no fabled at all.

healer only have fabled essence. the rest of the dps also not fully fabled. we did it before i bet you can do it too.

see the post how to icc that helps a lot on how to tank and how to heal there is a video there.

#14 Anameisaname

Anameisaname

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 18:00

I don't think anyone wanna move discussion from icc lol

#15 xaehouz

xaehouz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 18:04

My question is: are you decked out in infernal gear and great gems (product of 4 minute ICC runs)? If the answer is yes, why want a nerf now?

Edit: Sorry, what doom said.

Edited by xaehouz, 22 April 2015 - 18:13.

• KeS likes this

#16 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 April 2015 - 19:10

I dont think that ICC should be nerfed, rather upgrade the others. Many people ahvent even cleared ICC yet, shouldnt they have chance of the same gems we do?

#17 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2015 - 22:03

Ok ok, I get that you guys dont want ICC to change. Let us all farm uber gems :)

Now, onto the other activities, should they be changed or no?

When lvl 50 is here

#18 Ood

Ood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 22:26

Well, I had a large post all typed out, but this is what it comes down to for me.

I haven't done ICC, I do ASV on rare occasions, and can do BT/RG more or less whenever I want.

With the level 47 update, ASV was buffed, making it harder for me to get a group, making it harder for me to get better gear, making it harder for me to get to ICC.

Set ASV back to what it was, buff ARG to a level 47 or level 50 dungeon needing ICC gear, give it different rewards than ASV (something new would be nice), keep ICC as is.

Edited by Ood, 22 April 2015 - 22:30.

• KeS likes this

#19 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 April 2015 - 23:36

Well, I had a large post all typed out, but this is what it comes down to for me.

I haven't done ICC, I do ASV on rare occasions, and can do BT/RG more or less whenever I want.

With the level 47 update, ASV was buffed, making it harder for me to get a group, making it harder for me to get better gear, making it harder for me to get to ICC.

Set ASV back to what it was, buff ARG to a level 47 or level 50 dungeon needing ICC gear, give it different rewards than ASV (something new would be nice), keep ICC as is.

Why run ASV now when you can get fabled set in few days in ICC

#20 Akalas

Akalas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 23:39

We can't do the same boss 30 times per day for half a year or a year until lvl 50 is added, and every other instance is now useless for character progression after you get your lvl 45 gear.

Trial of the Champions & Arena are in desperate need of a rework, my group did them somewhat recently for the sake of variety and we were very disappointed. They take a long time (ToC takes hours) and give worse rewards than a story mode run of TR or To3.

ASV & ARG even before the 47 patch were worse than RG loot-wise for the time they took but with fp being scarce back then, people that had finished their weapon set didn't mind tagging along. Now it's completely pointless for anyone that got their weapons or can do ICC.

But for me the worst of all is that everything you need and don't get from ICC, is obtained by grinding solo. After spam-killing the same boss over and over again, the last thing I want to do is to grind mobs. ASV is part of the same story as ICC, why not make it drop at least as many shadow cores as a warrior can get solo grinding during that time? As for ARG, Rumble is (almost) as hard as Treya with the addition that it takes quite a bit of time to get to him, make him give a decent chunk of gold or something.

I disagree with nerfing Treya's drops, it's far too late for that, some of us have already done 400+ runs. But we absolutely need something, anything worthwile to do besides ICC and mob whacking. At end-game there are 2 resources we need that ICC doesn't provide: gold & shadow cores. And both of those are obtained by solo grinding rather than doing group instances, I find that a poor design all around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: