• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Varkaz

Varkaz

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 14:11

This is a very basic overview of Eldevin. It will cover the classes and important gameplay points to get you quickly into the game.

The Basics:

To move in Eldevin you simply click on the ground with your mouse. Your Character will then move to that point.

To target an Enemy you can click directly on the creature you wish to attack, alternatively you can use the hot-key 'E'. This targets the nearest enemy to you.

Your character's Health is shown by the red bar near the bottom of the screen. When you take damage your health is reduced. If your health bar becomes empty you will die. There are a few options to regain health. If you stay out of combat your health will refill. However, it is much quicker to drink a health potion, use a healing spell or eat some food.

439x85_health_bar.jpg

All your character's abilities are powered by Mana. The amount of mana available for use is shown by the blue bar that is opposite the red health bar. If your mana runs out, your character will not be able to use any of their powerful abilities. Like health your mana will refill in time if you stay out of combat, but it is much quicker to drink a Mana Potion or eat some food. It is beneficial to have a full mana bar so you can use all your abilities as often as possible.

285x92_attack_button.jpg

Character attacks and abilities are shown in the bar at the bottom of the screen. If you have enough mana you may activate one of these abilities by clicking directly into the bar. Although is it much more efficient to press the numbers on your keyboard that correspond to each section of the ability bar. It is worth noting that each character has both a ranged as well as melee ability. Weaken your enemy with your ranged ability before getting close enough to use your melee ability!

If your character does happen to die, you can be brought back to life at a Resurrection Point. These points are scattered throughout Eldevin and are looked after by a Priest of Life. 

408x381_rez_point.jpg

After your spirit has left our body a respawn panel will pop-up asking which Resurrection Point you would like to re-enter the game at. Depending on the particular realm you are in there can be more than one option. To return to life, simply click on one of the options given and you will appear at that the chosen Resurrection Point.

375x191_death_panel.jpg

After you have respawned into the game, you will see the Death's Door effect in the top left of the screen. This is a 10% penalty in experience gain for a short while. This can be removed by the priest at the Resurrection Point for a fee, or you can simply continue to play and let Death's Door to run it's course. Each priest who is responsible for the Resurrection Point has a quest. If you complete this quest the priest will 'unlock' that particular Resurrection Point for you. The next time you are resurrected at that particular point, you will not suffer from Death's Door. As an aside, you do not suffer Death's Door at Dungeon Resurrection Points.

191x211_deaths_door.jpg

To open your Inventory, press I. You can then see the items your character is carrying.

Whenever you need to give an item, a 'Drop Item' box will appear. The box shows both the name and the shape of the required item. Just press 'I' to open your Inventory and click on the item you need, then press the button to hand over the item after it has appeared in the box.

680x358_give_item.jpg

This means it is impossible to give the wrong item by accident. The shape of the Give Item box also gives a hint as to which item in your Inventory is needed, making it easier to find.

To open your Character Sheet, press 'C'. You can see the equipment your character is wearing and various attributes. It is here that you can assign your Attribute Points to make your character more powerful.

498x464_character_sheet.jpg

To open the Map of the area your character is currently in, press 'M'. Quest locations are shown as purple dots on the map. The direction of the currently selected quest is also shown by a purple arrow on the rim of the mini map found in the top right hand corner of the screen.

229x158_quest_direction.jpg

Any in-game character that is not a Player is called a Non-Player Character (NPC). It is these NPCs that give out quests. If an NPC has an active quest for you, a yellow '!' will hover above their head. Simply right-click on an NPC to talk to them and see what the quest is about.

118x226_available_quest.jpg

There are Noticeboards scattered throughout the world of Eldevin. These Noticeboards have various items of interest, which include quests from time to time. If you have completed all the quests, you should try searching out the nearest Noticeboard to see if there are any new quests available for you.

To open your Quest Library press 'Q'. Quests in Eldevin are organised into handy Questbooks. When you learn a quest, you get the entire Questbook that it belongs to. This is an easy way to see all the available quests in a specific area. Available quests are highlighted in yellow. Quests that you have not unlocked yet are listed in grey. To read a quest, simply click on it. The quest will detail how many stages it has and a summary of what you need to do to complete it. Here you can also track a quest, to do this simply click the the quest tracker button which will set the quest as active. One it is active it will display the quest arrow on the mini map telling you where to go. Acquiring Questbooks  and completing quests is critical to your success in Eldevin.

398x433_track_quest.jpg

We hope you all enjoy the Eldevin beta! Feel free to ask any questions and we'll do our very best to answer them!

~The Eldevin Team

#2 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2013 - 18:59

Nice guide Varkaz :).

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#3 Varkaz

Varkaz

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 19:39

Nice guide Varkaz :).

Cheers mate :)

Any questions just ask.

#4 Tr00evil

Tr00evil

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Estonia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 20:52

Where do i find 6 amethyst for Learning to Craft-> Crystal Cutting quest?

#5 Lelouch Lamperouge

Lelouch Lamperouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 18 March 2013 - 21:04

Where do i find 6 amethyst for Learning to Craft-> Crystal Cutting quest?

I'm having trouble with that too.

"Hero? No! We're pirates! I love heroes but.... I don't wanna be one! Do you know what heroes are? Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it, but heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!" - Monkey D. Luffy

#6 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2013 - 21:06

Ah sorry, probably not clear enough on the patch notes, the Quest for Crystal Cutting and Jewelry are incomplete. It should say on the quest panel.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#7 Cubaza

Cubaza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Badge
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 18 March 2013 - 22:22

Ah sorry, probably not clear enough on the patch notes, the Quest for Crystal Cutting and Jewelry are incomplete. It should say on the quest panel.

Now it's clearer .. tryed to find it almost a hour xD 

#8 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2013 - 00:27

Sorry!

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#9 Abchanchu

Abchanchu

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 14:13

I have no click thing to enter the game after making a charter  :(

#10 kroegan

kroegan

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 18:18

I found the basics guide helpful. It along with the guide for hot keys really help. All i got from Neverwinter Nights was smart-aleck remarks and static. Now Neverwinter Beta is whole different story. I'm looking forward to enjoying this game. Thank you for the invite, Kroegan

#11 Abchanchu

Abchanchu

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 18:28

how to entor the portol for the magic quest at the begaining of the game

#12 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2013 - 18:39

how to entor the portol for the magic quest at the begaining of the game

Double click or right click to interact with the portal same as most doors/objects. It's a bit unclear that you have to click on the effect, we'll try and fix that.

#13 Zeus

Zeus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 21:13

Very nice guide, explained the basics in like a 5 minute read, time to play!

#14 Varkaz

Varkaz

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 22:37

Very nice guide, explained the basics in like a 5 minute read, time to play!

Have fun :)

#15 Bashful

Bashful

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:09

Thanks for sharing :)

My Eldevin CBT Videos: Click here :)

Add me! IGN: Bashful

#16 Berzep

Berzep

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:18

Thanks for this guide, it helps ;)

#17 Varkaz

Varkaz

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 16:23

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for this guide, it helps ;)

Your welcome, we hope you enjoy the game.

#18 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:06

Hey! I have a few questions. :)

1. How to repair equipment?

2. Can we sell the equipment that we no longer need to NPC?

#19 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:58

Hey! I have a few questions. :)

1. How to repair equipment?

2. Can we sell the equipment that we no longer need to NPC?

1. Yes you can repair equipment at specific NPCS such as a 'master' Prospect trainer.. it's limited to the amount of npcs that have the ability from my perspective :o.

2. Yes you can sell all gear to NPCS that have a 'Sell' option, including bound items.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#20 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 March 2013 - 15:15

1. Yes you can repair equipment at specific NPCS such as a 'master' Prospect trainer.. it's limited to the amount of npcs that have the ability from my perspective :o.

2. Yes you can sell all gear to NPCS that have a 'Sell' option, including bound items.

I'm having problem finding these 2 kind of NPC. :(

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: