• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jaeden111

jaeden111

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:17

So I tried to load up this game (Having not played it yet) with no success.

I have tried various things to fix, such as reinstalling java. Checking my version of Java, looking up on these forums about it. Trying to decipher the Java code through the Java console upon loading of the game.

Here is the Java code through my Java console:

Exception in thread "Thread-26" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
 at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)
 at java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream.grow(Unknown Source)
 at java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream.ensureCapacity(Unknown Source)
 at java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
 at a.apr.b(Unknown Source)
 at a.jg.b(Unknown Source)
 at a.jc.b(Unknown Source)
 at a.jk.run(Unknown Source)

Occasionally it comes up with "Thread-27". But I don't really know what that means...

I assumed it had to do with my Java memory (Being java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space), so I tried giving more memory to my Java. I gave 3gb to it, my computer having 16gb of RAM. I tried going onto other various things that require Java; like other games, programs, etc. They seemed to work fine, but it does not with this.
I don't really know what I'm doing wrong, but I need some help please! :)

Edited by jaeden111, 05 December 2013 - 11:20.

#2 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 13:10

Hi jaeden111,

We've been looking into this issue a lot and for some reason Java sometimes seems to ignore the max memory parameter we send in to the applet. We've put together some tests to hopefully debug this issue.

Can you please try loading the game with these 3 different links and let us know which load and which don't? Also if you could press 's' in the Java console for each of the tests and paste the info in (or PM it to me) that would help as well.

Test 1:

https://www.eldevin.com/play?debug=1

Test 2:

https://www.eldevin.com/play?debug=2

Test 3:

https://www.eldevin.com/play?debug=3

#3 jaeden111

jaeden111

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 13:52

Thanks for the quick response!

Okay so, I'll send you in a PM the info I got from the debugs. Debug 1 and 2 loaded to 80% and stopped. Debug 3 surprisingly worked!

(It said for you that you can't receive any more messages. So I'll just send it when I wake up tomorrow.)

Also for anyone that is looking around the forum for a solution to the problem. Just try those links. Debug 3 worked for me :)

#4 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 13:57

Thanks for the quick response!

Okay so, I'll send you in a PM the info I got from the debugs. Debug 1 and 2 loaded to 80% and stopped. Debug 3 surprisingly worked!

(It said for you that you can't receive any more messages. So I'll just send it when I wake up tomorrow.)

Also for anyone that is looking around the forum for a solution to the problem. Just try those links. Debug 3 worked for me :)

Good to hear that works - you can keep using the debug=3 link for now if it works, but we're working on an update which should hopefully resolve the issue without that :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: