• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Croscahd

Croscahd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 17:04

Whenever we sell items in the Auction House and they do not sell them are sent to our item mailbox where they have 24 hours to be claimed or they are automatically destroyed. This should be changed. If a player has empty backpack spaces available then the unsold items should be returned to their backpack. If their backpack is full then it should go to the item mailbox. I work full time and do not play as often as I'd like and often times I lose items because they get destroyed. Please Fallensword team, make this switch. Us faithful players would love this. 

~Croscahd

#2 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2020 - 22:31

Mailbox should be like 15 or 30 days, ive lost a lot of items because of this low timer. +1

Edited by gapukas, 14 February 2020 - 22:32.

#3 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 February 2020 - 22:58

Well, it's only an hour when you've invented something.....  I've always thought there should be a standard time for the mailbox, say 72 hours, for anything other than things like System gifts and Global chests (the time frame for those items is already  quite lengthy and should remain as is)

Edited by BadPenny, 14 February 2020 - 22:59.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:48

Whenever we sell items in the Auction House and they do not sell them are sent to our item mailbox where they have 24 hours to be claimed or they are automatically destroyed. This should be changed. If a player has empty backpack spaces available then the unsold items should be returned to their backpack. If their backpack is full then it should go to the item mailbox. I work full time and do not play as often as I'd like and often times I lose items because they get destroyed. Please Fallensword team, make this switch. Us faithful players would love this. 

~Croscahd

The reason for the short duration is, if I'm not mistaken, that it stops players using the mailbox as an extended backpack.

Should it be extended ? - maybe a bit, but not a lot (for the very reason above .. )

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 13:15

I would like the invention timer set for 4 hours instead of 1.  Sometimes I'm doing more than inventing so a little extra time there would be great and 4 hours certainly doesn't qualify as an extra pack space.

For the AH, it would be nice if the items went directly to your pack but that's a matter of convenience.  24 hours there is fine for me because I know I need to take a few minutes to log in and grab the items or cancel the sales if I won't be around.  I've only lost one item and it was my fault for not planning ahead so I don't see a great need to extend the AH timer beyond 24 hours.  Haven't used the app but that should make it even easier to log in for 5 minutes to grab your stuff although, as I mentioned, items going directly to the pack would be more convenient.

Screenshot everything!

#6 Croscahd

Croscahd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 22:20

The reason for the short duration is, if I'm not mistaken, that it stops players using the mailbox as an extended backpack.

Should it be extended ? - maybe a bit, but not a lot (for the very reason above .. )

I already addressed this though. If you have empty backpack spaces it should jsut be returned back to you. If not then it should go to the mailbox. Then this will address players who use auction house slots as backpack spaces. 

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 23:03

See, I agree with this..... for the reasons stated.  We are all responsible for keeping up with what's in our AH, when we invented that thing we needed, all that....  I have personally only lost things due to poor planning once or twice, as far as the AH goes.  But I almost gave up on the Fuji quests because I didn't know about the 1 hour window the first time I invented the sword.... But with the help of some beloved guildies, I remade the sword and made a mental note to get invented items within that hour.    

I'm still of the opinion that there should be a standard set time for any items coming from the AH (whether one bought them from another player or one's auctions expired) as well as invented items.  No more than 3 days for any of it outside stuff an admin might send you.    This keeps it fair for all and keeps a cow from getting an idea to limit mailbox slots ;)

Edited by BadPenny, 15 February 2020 - 23:04.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 February 2020 - 03:51

I already addressed this though. If you have empty backpack spaces it should jsut be returned back to you. If not then it should go to the mailbox. Then this will address players who use auction house slots as backpack spaces. 

Going straight to BP if there are empty slots there is a no-brainer .. should ALWAYS have been that way. Pretty sure it's been asked for more than once, along with a myriad of other game-enhancing changes that have never seen the light of day ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#9 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 18:59

I've lost thousands of items out of my mailbox over the years (just over a day ago I lost 75+ resources).

I was saving them for the invent DQ I have today LOL

If the mailbox waited 36 hrs to dump I would be doing the DQ now instead of posting here :P

Most of my losses are from my internet going down at just the wrong time. 1 to 10 hrs of no access.

Of course, with the addition of the mobile app, I can circumvent the items lost during internet downtime

by using my phone...thanks cows :)

Items going directly to BP is not the best idea as it would influence bad actors to add junk to your BP until full resulting either loss of items or they would end up in mailbox anyway if it still available.

Be better just adding more time to mailbox duration...

#10 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 21 February 2020 - 19:58

heres a thought ,log in for 1 min per day empty mailbox log out problem solved

5aZzW0p.png,

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 22:38

heres a thought ,log in for 1 min per day empty mailbox log out problem solved

Under normal conditions, this is the logical way to do things, but things like internet failure, being rushed to the ER and admitted with phone, laptop left at home, your hard drive crashed, you dropped your phone in a glass of Koolaid, a loved one suddenly passes away, can all make it nigh impossible to always do.....  (and yes, all of these things have happened to me at least once in the past 13 years).  In my experience, the cows are pretty understanding when these things happen, and will replace lost items if the reason grants it, but in most cases, you're on your own to remember what's in there that's important and make sure you grab stuff in time....   More time would be best but not anything outrageous, please......

Edited by BadPenny, 21 February 2020 - 22:40.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#12 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 19:05

No.

The issue is yours... organize your time better. If you are worried about losing things, adjust your auctions to end while you are online. Cancel them before going offline.

Yeah, I've lost expensive stuff in AH too. Nobody's fault but my own.

I'd consider an option for a gold-paid insurance policy (which would keep AH spot occupied), but I think it's way more important for them to fix the app first. 

¯\_(o)_/¯ 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: