Photo

Attribute Revamp

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Attribute Revamp (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this ?

1. Yes (6 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Tartarus1

Tartarus1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 20:25

Every time we level up we only add points into dmg since all other stats are useless which seems like a waste of potential to upgrade the page.

Here's how I like to envision the new change of the "Attribute" page :

Every level-up = 2 points
Every Lv. 1000 = 2,000 points
Cap-Limit Every Lv. 1000 = 1,500 points (once all stats are capped cap limit increases by +250)

Now this part is where the new changes begins :

We have 10 "Buff Slots" to begin with (1st 2 unlocked at level 1). These buff slots acts as a passive buff meaning we don't waste stamina to activate nor does it have duration timer.

Every 1000 you gain 2 extra "Buff Slots" (capped at level 4000). The starter 2 slot buffs level will be equal to the buff level you put points in. Once reaching level 1000 equipped buffs will always be at lv. 200. Passive buffs will block other players buff but it does not block/override buffs from "Guild RP" and "Potions" (Meaning you can get 2x Adept Learner buff and stacks together).

Each point add 1 point to our stats, in this suggestion it would work differently by introducing multiplier effect based on players level :

Lv. 1-499
1- Starter Buff Slot = 2
2- Attribute multiplier = x1
3- Buff Level = Based on players buff level

Lv. 500-999
1- Buff Slot = 2
2- Attribute multiplier = x2
3- Buff Level = Based on players buff level

Lv. 1000-1999
1- Buff Slot = 4
2- Attribute multiplier = x2.5
3- Buff Level = Lv. 200

Lv. 2000-2999
1- Buff Slot = 6
2- Attribute multiplier = x3
3- Buff Level = Lv. 200

Lv. 3000-3999
1- Buff Slot = 8
2- Attribute multiplier = x3.5
3- Buff Level = Lv. 200

Lv. +4000
1- Buff Slot = 10
2- Attribute multiplier = x4
3- Buff Level = Lv. 200

Edited by Tartarus1, 15 February 2020 - 20:36.

#2 dah342

dah342

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 February 2020 - 20:44

I like the concept. I love the idea of revamping and getting some fresh things in the game. Would love to be able to interact even more with my stats. +2 every level doesn't mean much and adds very little interaction for a level up progress. 

#3 Tartarus1

Tartarus1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 20:48

I like the concept. I love the idea of revamping and getting some fresh things in the game. Would love to be able to interact even more with my stats. +2 every level doesn't mean much and adds very little interaction for a level up progress. 

That's where the multiplier effect comes in, at level 1000 any points you put in stats gets multiplied by 2. So if you get 1500 points in dmg you actually get 3000 points in total added to your stats. And with each 1000 levels you gain multiplier effect increases by +0.5 effect (total point rounds up to the nearest number)

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:15

Every time we level up we only add points into dmg since all other stats are useless which seems like a waste of potential to upgrade the page.

1. Plenty of people put points into other areas than damage...

2. Given gear and buffs currently available, LUP's REALLY don't need boosting ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 Tartarus1

Tartarus1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:27

1. Plenty of people put points into other areas than damage...

2. Given gear and buffs currently available, LUP's REALLY don't need boosting ..

1- Plenty sure...but majority puts it in dmg.

2- Well let us wait and see what other people say about that.

#6 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 09:54

1- Plenty sure...but majority puts it in dmg.

2- Well let us wait and see what other people say about that.

1) Then it is their choice to do so.

2) Players are already able to get insane stats... I do not see a reason for a major base stat boost you propose.

#7 Tartarus1

Tartarus1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 18:32

The stats is the secondary focus of this suggestion. The main attraction of this suggestion it's the "Buff Slot".

#8 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 20:03

The concept of buff stacking with the potion - in other words making the big pots even more powerfull does not sound right. (e.g. "passive" lvl 200 DC with unlimited time + DC 400 pot)

Honestly the simple fact people at lvl 1k would have personal ulimited lvl 200 skills is a big change and I do not think it is a positive one.

#9 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 February 2020 - 23:43

myself have got 400 points in damage and the rest are in the others ,so that can stay as it is 

5aZzW0p.png,

#10 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 February 2020 - 23:44

The concept of buff stacking with the potion - in other words making the big pots even more powerfull does not sound right. (e.g. "passive" lvl 200 DC with unlimited time + DC 400 pot)

Honestly the simple fact people at lvl 1k would have personal ulimited lvl 200 skills is a big change and I do not think it is a positive one.

agree with this dont need stacking or increased pots,composed one are way overpowered already 

5aZzW0p.png,

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 02:24

I have to agree with the majority here.  For example, these are my current stats:

Attack - 220
Defense - 25
Armor - 25
HP - 100
Damage - 3,511

I have no intentions or desire to change them.  Granted, I don't always 1 hit, but I have better stats for other aspects of the game than leveling.   I get all I need from current 175 buffs and whatever pots I can compose for myself, and I'm probably a year or more from EoC for composing....    

A while back somebody had the idea to have "fluid attributes", so that you could have 1 set of stats for say SE hunting, another for Titan hunting, a third for PvP, and of course the base for normal leveling.  I believe I could get behind that.

As for the buff thing, not sure how I feel about it. The cows have long stated that cast buffs will remain where they are, and I don't see that changing in any form.  Potions are a mixed bag, and are either OP or not quite enough, depending on whom you ask.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#12 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 February 2020 - 23:32

Love this idea.

#13 Tartarus1

Tartarus1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 14:14

Then what changes do you guys suggest I do ?

#14 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 20:36

Since raising buff levels is on hoof's list of  "never gonna happen"  why not increase the effects of sustain instead?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#15 Tartarus1

Tartarus1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 22:19

I like this suggestion but if any of you guys can come up with a formula (which balances the stats as we level up) to where its not broken like this thread I might take that idea.

But as it stands now I feel this change would be nice to have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: