Photo

sitter

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Should a sitter exist? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Should a sitter exist?

1. Voted yes (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. Voted no (6 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

Vote

#1 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 13 December 2006 - 14:41

Somethimes you got to go on holiday and you can't come on the game for a weak or so. So it would be good that you can have a sitter for your acount who can log in on your acount by using his password and the name of the acount where he is sitter from. So that he can play on your acount and fight against monsters with your acount so that you still get xp while you are on vacation.

Srry if my english isn't totaly correct, I'm from belgium (Dutch) and I try to write as less foults as possible.

#2 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 13 December 2006 - 15:04

Why did you said no can you explain to me?

#3 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 13 December 2006 - 16:44

So you should be inactive for a weak or two, while you could let friend watch over your acount. I have this idea because they us it on tribalwars and travian.

#4 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 13 December 2006 - 17:59

it's a mmorpg and it doesn't go verry fast, it's building a village and a army and building new villages and cocere other.

#5 fs_activeh

fs_activeh
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:03

wow this is an old thread :)

#6 Tarnos

Tarnos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Poland

Posted 11 August 2010 - 16:22

haha :)

#7 ninjawolfy

ninjawolfy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2010 - 19:47

To be honest, I quite like the idea of a sitter ...

I will be going away for an unforseen amount of time and it`d be nice if someone could check up on my account every now and then :)

The account would have to be restricted or maybe have a "holiday" setting that needs to have a password and security number to be taken off but I think it could be good =)

#8 ninjawolfy

ninjawolfy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2010 - 20:21

It wouldnt necassarily be account sharing if you look at it brouder than just the game and its players though ... I could ask my dad to log in once a day when he isnt busy and just click on X, X and X to check things. The point of an allocated sitter would be so that someone you trust in game could log into your account with their password (as I believe is done in the games above) so they can check on stuff ... The actions are limited and there are things put in place to stop abuse.

For example,
When I played Travian some years ago you could label 2 sitters.
You input the username of someone else that played and they logged into your account with their account password.
When in the account all they could do was build things and message people.. No attacks could be made and they couldnt spend money(Thier equivilant to FSP).

I think it could be a good idea ...

Limit what can be done. For example, Not able to spend money. Not able to send items. Not able to interface with guild (Such as change important things if you have the rights)

Only thing you`d really be able to do after that is Temple and change armours / repair and possibly, at a push, hunt.

#9 FORN

FORN

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:32

Sitters wont happen, it is basicly account sharing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: