Bounty Hunting Tips

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 fs_swords79

fs_swords79
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:39

Ok. i'm making the thread into a Bounty Hunting thread. Post all tips on anything that will help with bounty hunting!

#2 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:02

Try not to lose ;)

#3 fs_babykelz

fs_babykelz
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:03

speed is essential ;)

go all damage :P

#4 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 January 2010 - 14:59

Here is how I work.

I first open one tab where I have bounty board (if you use FF, put it on auto-reload).
I open a tab for each persons I accepted the bounty and I put it on attack screen.
Finally I have one on world page to repair.

That way, you always have the bounty board open and you can accept the bounties as you wish AND you have screens were you simply press the attack button many times until they let you attack.

Then if you don't wanna pay to much, accept only bounties close of your level.

If you wanna make sure not to loose an attack, get FS and LD just incase...

Then, adapt your set to the person you are hitting and be quick

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#5 fs_swords79

fs_swords79
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 15:13

thanks for all the tips!! :) Keep them Coming!!

#6 fs_skramble

fs_skramble
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 16:01

Combat sets are essential, especially when taking a bounty while the target is online. There are a few that will fight back, so watch for set changes. The primary sets I use are ATT/DEF/DAM, ATT/ARM/DAM, and DEF/DAM; however, I keep several more for clearing the fighters.

Get to know your BUFFs! There are some BUFFs available that does absolutely nothing for PvP even though the name sounds good (like Death Dealer). There are BUFFs that can weaken certain combat sets, such as Nightmare Visage.

Once you take a bounty, Do not quit! You will get many messages saying "someone is ahead of you" or similar. I have won 90% of the bounty's that I have gotten that message. If you do have to quit, have the curiosity to PM the target. Take the losses as a learning experience, find gear/BUFFs that will win.

Take a lot of them, beat them nicely, and have fun. You are going to meet a lot of new friends on thee Bounty Board.

Just my two cents

#7 fs_swords79

fs_swords79
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 20:19

bump. Any more tips would be great.not much of a accomblishment but i'm going to post it here. You completed a bounty on xxxxxx gaining the reward of 20,000 Gold. Not that much gold but it is my first ever Bounty Win.

#8 fs_millerguy

fs_millerguy
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 20:33

another tip is looking at the exp that the player can lose. if it ends in 50 then that bounty hasn't been started by anyone yet. that way you dont start a bounty someone is already ahead of ya on

#9 Asahara

Asahara

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 22:44

another tip is looking at the exp that the player can lose. if it ends in 50 then that bounty hasn't been started by anyone yet. that way you dont start a bounty someone is already ahead of ya on

This is about 99% accurate. Sometimes it resets to xxx:50 after a hit that's a multiple of 3 (3rd, 6th, 9th, etc.)

#10 fs_millerguy

fs_millerguy
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 23:16

This is about 99% accurate. Sometimes it resets to xxx:50 after a hit that's a multiple of 3 (3rd, 6th, 9th, etc.)

Yeah, but still 99% being the first to start is better than 0%

#11 fs_jezyhale

fs_jezyhale
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:58

Yeah, but still 99% being the first to start is better than 0%

Ooo, I never knew that. Thanks! =]

#12 fs_swords79

fs_swords79
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:01

bump. tips have been really usefull

#13 fs_nthnclls

fs_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:45

Get all the pvp buffs you possibly can, and make sure you hit at exactly the 2 minute mark. If anyone else is on the bounty, and you lag behind, you run a serious chance of losing.

Deflect makes everything a toss up.

NEVER quit in the middle of a bounty.

Be prepared to be counter bountied at all times.

#14 Asahara

Asahara

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:46

Always be sure you can survive a miss. It's always easy to hit through someones defense or armor, but if you can't survive a miss you'll lose a good amount.

A lucky LD, FS, dodge, first strike, 2%, etc. can force you to miss. Be sure to allow for DC (If I can, I usually double up their attack with defense, or if the target is 200 or more levels below me I go defense/armor, just to be safe.)

#15 fs_swords79

fs_swords79
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2010 - 16:50

Bump. tips have been good. :)

#16 fs_swords79

fs_swords79
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 14:02

bump. The tips have come in really good. 28% on Bronze BH Medal. any more would be great!!

#17 fs_swords79

fs_swords79
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:06

Bump. :D 34% on bronze!! :)

#18 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge