Photo

Titan Hunting and Map System

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the old maps be terminated in order to level out the playing field while titan hunting? (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the old maps be terminated in order to level out the playing field while titan hunting?

1. Voted YES! (30 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. Voted NO! (12 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 terrorist2

terrorist2

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:29

Please answer the Poll, it is there for a reason....

Titan hunting should be the same for everyone... this isn't conformity, it's just simple equality for ALL players.

#2 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:48

if it were just for titans (ie titans not showing up on classic map) then ok, but as it is, sometimes players just can't hunt on the new map, and some of them could care less about titans.

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#3 sttawnaes

sttawnaes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:43

I agree, everybody should use the same map with titan hunting... seems to be a severe disadvantage to those that AREN'T using the old map.

I can't say it's unfair but i do see the disadvantage as the players that are really good with the old map dominate at titan hunting.

I can't stand the old map, but i see how and why players that do, always are done by the time you've reached half your kills.

i think the 1 kill per second doesn't work on old map or something, because if you have a player using old map and player using new map, the player using the old map gets done in half the time as a player using the new map.

I'm not sure I care if the old map is discontinued, i just care about titan hunting being fair....

#4 Kendiosa

Kendiosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:57

I voted No, for the simple reason that I can't hunt Titans on the new map.
Their location does not refresh for me on the new map, so if the old map is disabled I will not be able to Titan hunt at all.

Using the old map at least I can see where the Titan is and that gives me a fighting chance when hunting.

As everyone can use the old map anyway, I'm not sure I understand what the problem is?

#5 sttawnaes

sttawnaes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:16

Their location does not refresh for me on the new map, so if the old map is disabled I will not be able to Titan hunt at all.

Using the old map at least I can see where the Titan is and that gives me a fighting chance when hunting.

As everyone can use the old map anyway, I'm not sure I understand what the problem is?

you can always do the split screen thing with the new map, like you do with the old map.

you just have to get the URL for the world map.

#6 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:21

Voted yes... or keep old map for some players who interested to use it for leveling but remove titans from it

#7 fattiejake

fattiejake

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:59

Thats coz you suck anyway ken you dont make bacon butties for me lol

I do agree though that the bugs need to be ironed out and a level playing field for titan hunting so everyone gets a good crack at the drops, however the way it has been going it might get sorted in about 12 months if we are lucky

#8 terrorist2

terrorist2

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 13:22

Well, the old map doesn't necessarily have to just disappear into thin air.... the bugs have to be fixed. Just imagine this, you're about to go hunt the ogalith titan, and all you see is it keep moving around like your computer is having a seizure. Hunting against 7 other players from one guild, is completely fair, and if you try hard and have enough stam, and start early, you can easily get 300 - 600 kills. But playing against one or two players using old map system, you will move two steps and the titan would have teleported.

#9 gvderzee

gvderzee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 May 2012 - 14:39

Voted yes, but only for titan hunting. I like the new map just fine for titan hunting. Just took some practice and getting used to.

Keep the old maps for people who need them for leveling.

#10 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 14:41

yes

#11 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 15:46

I voted no. As it is, I don't even hunt with the new map as it uses 100% of my CPU. I have an older computer running Win XP with 1 Gb ram and an imbedded video card. If we are only able to hunt titans on the new map then other people like myself would be left out.

I don't see how making Titan hunting only available on the new map would make it equal for everyone when it would prevent some people from hunting them at all.

#12 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 15:55

I voted no. As it is, I don't even hunt with the new map as it uses 100% of my CPU. I have an older computer running Win XP with 1 Gb ram and an imbedded video card. If we are only able to hunt titans on the new map then other people like myself would be left out.

Yea a lot of players have been complaining about that. It would need to be fixed first.

#13 sttawnaes

sttawnaes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 16:27

I agree with you all that are unable to hunt with the new map.

What we are trying to say is that there are players that dominate with the old map. Some players refuse to use the old map anymore.

So that being said, there is a severe unfair advantage to those that use the new map opposed to the old map.

I don't mind if the old map stays, it just needs to be an even ball park. that's all I'm saying.

You can move 5x faster on the old map then the new map if you know what you're doing.
They just need to implement the new map to do the same thing. 15-20 spots with one refresh.... land on the titan, click the crap out of the attack button without getting 40 errors.... like you can do on the old map.. if you attempt this with the new map, you get errors that run up your screen that cover the map.

The new map still needs some work to catch up with the speed of the old map.

#14 truetango

truetango

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 16:45

im actually new to titan hunting and i vote yes. its sad when a player gets 5 or 6 kills cuz older players use advantages like that. figure if i get 6 whats the odds of me ever getting a drop??? highly unlikely . fs should even the playing field for all players.. :!:

#15 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 16:48

What we are trying to say is that there are players that dominate with the old map. Some players refuse to use the old map anymore.

So that being said, there is a severe unfair advantage to those that use the new map opposed to the old map.

I don't mind if the old map stays, it just needs to be an even ball park. that's all I'm saying.

You can move 5x faster on the old map then the new map if you know what you're doing.
They just need to implement the new map to do the same thing. 15-20 spots with one refresh.... land on the titan, click the crap out of the attack button without getting 40 errors.... like you can do on the old map.. if you attempt this with the new map, you get errors that run up your screen that cover the map.

If i may ask, Why are you advocating the termination of the old map (in your poll) as opposed to upgrading and repairing the new map (as in your statement above)?

If the new map was fixed to have the same functionality as the old map then everyone could use which one they prefer.

#16 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 16:50

im actually new to titan hunting and i vote yes. its sad when a player gets 5 or 6 kills cuz older players use advantages like that. figure if i get 6 whats the odds of me ever getting a drop??? highly unlikely . fs should even the playing field for all players.. :!:

If we go by your argument, then we should just eliminate titan hunting till the maps are fixed. That would make it "fair" for everyone.

#17 terrorist2

terrorist2

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 17:03

If we go by your argument, then we should just eliminate titan hunting till the maps are fixed. That would make it "fair" for everyone.

Not a bad idea... but... who wants to see that happen? NO ONE

All I'm suggesting is that the bugs be fixed.... Titan hunters that use the new map are at a disadvantage when opposed by others using the old map who can move much faster and kill the titan more times in one third the time.
Like it or not, this is the truth... the new map does not allow the player to pretty much teleport by clicking the button 5 times left and then 10 times up and BAM attack titan till it's dead.

#18 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 17:15

All I'm suggesting is that the bugs be fixed.... Titan hunters that use the new map are at a disadvantage when opposed by others using the old map who can move much faster and kill the titan more times in one third the time.
Like it or not, this is the truth... the new map does not allow the player to pretty much teleport by clicking the button 5 times left and then 10 times up and BAM attack titan till it's dead.

Your "disadvantage" is because you choose not to use the old map. You choose not to talk to the faster hunters and learn their setups.

Your choice has put you at this disadvantage and now other people will have to pay the price with the loss of the old map.

In the end, it is your choice not to use the tools available to you that is causing your perceived disadvantage.

#19 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 May 2012 - 17:23

ive hunted alongside some of best that titan hunting has to offer, the thing is that the new map system dont rely on connection speed to the point where some can get an unfair advantage, with the old map... the faster your connection the faster you can get around the map.

ive hunted on both maps and im one of the lucky who dont get errors, i can be competitive on the new map but theres no way if one of the uber hunters was hunting using the old map id stand a hope of securing, when the new map works for all then id say remove titans from the old map then itd be whoever had the most guildies hunting would secure it but until all can use it to its potential i say no point removing people from titan hunting.

#20 sttawnaes

sttawnaes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 17:59

If i may ask, Why are you advocating the termination of the old map (in your poll) as opposed to upgrading and repairing the new map (as in your statement above)?

If the new map was fixed to have the same functionality as the old map then everyone could use which one they prefer.

I'm not woulfe, This is only with titan hunting, to be fair, they need to do the same thing, plain and simple. If they can't make it fair then they need to terminate one of the 2 maps...

It's that easy my friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: