• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 Jose

Jose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 14:24

Well im a bit tired of this, just dont know why if someone opt in to pvp ladder and gets hit... Why can he place a bounty. That its not fair. Some players that just are in the ladder to put bountys, i think that should be removed. Also what happend with the tokens? You cant gain something with them at all, everthing its cheaper. Should be there new items to be invent with the ladder tokens? Maybe Potions? SOMETHING!?

Please dont let the pvp die.

#2 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 15:03

I agree that you shouldn't be able to bounty ladder hits. You opted in knowing what would happen so your choices should be to retaliate or opt out. So far the cows have not decided to change this but hopefully they will see this topic enough to make it happen someday.

Screenshot everything!

#3 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 16:36

PvP is pretty much dead already.
New items won't bring it back to life-at least not for a longer time.
Bound potions would be a good thing to see as a reward for playing on the ladder...

#4 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:14

Being able to bounty ladder hits is an EPIC terrible bad game mechanic. It sets up the abuse all by itself. It really wouldn't take much for an energetic guild to dominate any ladder band they had members in. Rip 5 for every ladder hit on their member till he opts out or gets knocked out thru levels lost.

Ray Charles could have seen that potential abuse.

There's no way to please everyone on here, but a simple fix of keeping the ladder SEPARATE from the rules of other pvp hits will solve nearly all the drama from what I've read and seen.

Being able to bounty ladder hits, sure but in FAIRNESS, why not be able to bounty GVG hits!

SAME THING principal wise. Aside from volunteering for one, and just randomly getting stomped on the other.

Removing the ability to Bounty a PvP Ladder attack is something I've been thinking about. If enough people want it, I don't see why not. It might be a relatively easy tweak, unlike the rest of the suggestions.

#5 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 24 March 2013 - 19:44

Well I'm not a PVPer and, don't plan on being one anytime soon but, I find that allowing a person to bounty a Ladder hit is not right.

I also think doing so is whimpy on the part of the person doing the bountying. You knew what you were getting into so, don't be a cry baby if you get 100 stam hit while on the Ladder (or whatever hit you take).

As for new things, bound potions you can buy. So, if someone else wants that kind of potion (for leveling or whatever) they will have to stick their neck out on the line to get tokens to buy it themselves instead of buying it from the AH.

HCS really needs to fix this game mechanic of the Ladder issue inregards of bountying. IMO, if you are on the Ladder and, get hit, you shouldn't be allowed to target that hit on the BB. All other attacks (from normal non-Ladder PVP) can be bountied as normal.

#6 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 23:51

Pvp is dead and buried in a traditional sense in this game ..I just do not see how it can be revitalised given the player numbers who are actually active..The cows have been trying for last 2 years to get life into the game..and every change they make gets abused by the players who were championing the change.

Pvp smasher medal just should never allow players to hit down to gain medals.Instead it drives players from the game.

#7 srcorleone

srcorleone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Canada

Posted 26 March 2013 - 18:10

Its so sad... so sad

I know that being hit for a pvper means nothing but the point is, why should they get in BB for pvp ladder if everyone inside pvp ladder opt in... That just dont make sence.
About the potions, i think yes, something new should be made with the pvp tokens, idk if potions, items would work good too. Or maybe add a new forge? Maybe forge items with the pvp tokens so u get higher stats while using that item in a pvp ladder? I have no idea to be honest, but something its needed as any item atm makes you to waste more inventing it than selling.

But as i see, HCS dont want to post here.
Where are you HCS?
Where are you...
Dont let Fallensword die.
Stop It.

#8 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 20:46

I actually hope that they won't see this...
Everytime they try to "fix" PvP it gets "better" and "better" :D

#9 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 21:24

:roll:

eqnq15.png                  

#10 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2013 - 00:03

PvP is more or less dead. Go look at the BB. Probably less than a page, if anyone in there. How about a radical idea? If you don't hit someone every 7 days you automatically go on the BB? Not sure how people would feel about this. PvP protection would not prevent XP loss either.

I completely agree with the OP about bountying hits on the Ladder. You both decided to join the ladder so its inherent that you get hit and hit back. I can't believe they ever thought this was a good idea. Smasher hit changing kinda ruined pvp for good I feel. If that has stayed as intended then, you would see lots of smashes everyday / a healthy BB. I don't think you could earn a BB medal in a reasonable amount of time anymore.

As for potions in the pvp ladder rewards, that has been dangled in front of pvpers faces for awhile. nothing has come of it. As for new gear, I don't think that would solve anything. There are MANY people with 100's if not 1000's of pvp tokens now that haven't been exchanged for anything. so if something new comes out, it will become worthless in a short while (if the set is good to begin with). if not, then no one will even make it.

#11 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2013 - 00:08

Where are you HCS?
Where are you...
Dont let Fallensword die.
Stop It.

You get more with constructive criticism than you do with comments like that. Same is true for anything in life. fyi. Although the bountying has kept me from the ladder for now. when it changes, I'll be back.

#12 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 00:49

PvP is more or less dead. Go look at the BB. Probably less than a page, if anyone in there. How about a radical idea? If you don't hit someone every 7 days you automatically go on the BB? Not sure how people would feel about this. PvP protection would not prevent XP loss either.

I completely agree with the OP about bountying hits on the Ladder. You both decided to join the ladder so its inherent that you get hit and hit back. I can't believe they ever thought this was a good idea. Smasher hit changing kinda ruined pvp for good I feel. If that has stayed as intended then, you would see lots of smashes everyday / a healthy BB. I don't think you could earn a BB medal in a reasonable amount of time anymore.

As for potions in the pvp ladder rewards, that has been dangled in front of pvpers faces for awhile. nothing has come of it. As for new gear, I don't think that would solve anything. There are MANY people with 100's if not 1000's of pvp tokens now that haven't been exchanged for anything. so if something new comes out, it will become worthless in a short while (if the set is good to begin with). if not, then no one will even make it.

Your giving out the "most biased award?" It's a good thing your not biased toward pvp...

#13 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2013 - 00:54

Everyone has a bias, but I didn't like his smart ass response. I have done both leveling and pvping so I think I can speak less biased about it. I have done the deleveling and got deleveled.

The logic of if you pvp your scum probably is what set me off. The point of this thread was to suggest ideas on how to improve pvp. guess he didn't get the memo.

#14 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:07

Everyone has a bias, but I didn't like his smart ass response. I have done both leveling and pvping so I think I can speak less biased about it. I have done the deleveling and got deleveled.

The logic of if you pvp your scum probably is what set me off. The point of this thread was to suggest ideas on how to improve pvp. guess he didn't get the memo.

OK. Your right. I'm biased toward levelers and titan hunters but his response was unacceptable and will probable be dealt with by the cows. I feel his pain though... that much anger comes from helplessness and the way pvp is in this game, if your against anyone in one of the pvp guilds, you are helpless.

I think the best way to improve pvp (imho) is to get people to try it... somehow, the hard core pvp'rs cannot deal with a weekend of pillow fighting with no xp loss but I think it would be the best way to get people to try it (and like it). I did the pvp thing in another game and it brought out the worst in me so I avoid it like the plague and won't participate even if it's a pillow fight but again, others might.

#15 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:16

that much anger comes from helplessness and the way pvp is in this game, if your against anyone in one of the pvp guilds, you are helpless.

I think the best way to improve pvp (imho) is to get people to try it... somehow, the hard core pvp'rs cannot deal with a weekend of pillow fighting with no xp loss but I think it would be the best way to get people to try it (and like it). I did the pvp thing in another game and it brought out the worst in me so I avoid it like the plague and won't participate even if it's a pillow fight but again, others might.

Don't you mean hopeless not helpless; many players still love getting help for nothing but win. You're mostly right but even when that happened others would try fighting the plague and another one from reappearing not so much benefits from such an experience as one would hope to have gotten.

eqnq15.png                  

#16 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:56

You reminded me of a thread I made awhile back.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=108932

It would also be another guild activity.

SIDENOTE: You probably disrespected a member or their entire guild if a pvp guild comes after you. The occasional / frequent gold hit happens. perhaps a prestige hit. but I don't see them going out of their way to start wars all the time.

Perhaps in the past that was the case, but I don't see that nowadays.

#17 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:02

It is amazing Pvp was alive when there were two quests which required you to pvp to complete them...the moment they were removed from the game pvp became a shadow of what it was.
Then the "pvp" Ladder was introduced and another nail was installed in PvP's coffin then protection was added to protect all the players who suddenly developed a hatred of PvP.

Next came the Smasher medal and that whole debacle over 2 weeks we went from a free for all to you had to opt in or join the bb as a smasher....

Next inline came the backflip on protection and opened players to being hit for gold again but protected their experience if they use it.

PvP has never been the problem its the updates that corrupted it and turned it into a shadow of what it was.

Every single person who has played this game has leveled in some form every player who started before 2010 experienced pvp as a participant by choice if you did the two quests.

Back then this game still had over 3000 players online at peak periods and up to 4000 if there were events on.

#18 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 16:52

PvP has never been the problem its the updates that corrupted it and turned it into a shadow of what it was.

I'd say that pretty well sums it up.

Removing the ability to Bounty a PvP Ladder attack is something I've been thinking about. If enough people want it, I don't see why not. It might be a relatively easy tweak, unlike the rest of the suggestions.

#19 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2013 - 18:08

I'd say that pretty well sums it up.

This may seem a little radical, but how about removing the PvP Ladder (and the PvP Ladder Rewards) and re-add the PvP Rating that all players used to have and re-add the Top Rated section for it?

#20 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 18:13

Would this give players the same current prestige they have now along with the cancellation of the pvp ladder preference opt in button permanently?

eqnq15.png                  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: