Potion Bazaar idea

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 fs_zyhpr

fs_zyhpr
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2013 - 17:51

Some people are busy, working, traveling etc. And the current auction is somewhat anoying or does not fit busy people schedulle. who also interested to play.
I do not know if there has it been any discussion, to make those normal potions available on the bazaar? such as Fatality, or Truth for example. Excluding the Special potion: such as the buying FSP potion, the scavaging cave potion, chest global potion and the invent potion.
I got outbided so many times, which some times winning an auction is a chore on it self. than enjoying the game in overall. Frankly I would rather pay more money on the bazaar than waiting for another 20 or 30 minute to win potions via Auction.
In most cases I want to hunt in 1 hour, that that would not be possible, if I do not win potion before hand.

What say you?

#2 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 17:57

I do not know if there has it been any discussion, to make those normal potions available on the bazaar? such as Fatality, or Truth for example.

Those are both placed in the Bazaar, you just have to watch for it. The potions there change daily. If you can't wait for them to come back for a hunt from vacation, buy more than you need and stockpile what you will need for future hunts.

#3 fs_zyhpr

fs_zyhpr
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2013 - 18:50

Right, which again bring back to the vicious cycle, one would have to spend time to win it, or wait until the bazaar shows the potions one wanted/need.
The problem here is for people who has plan and do not have much time. I can see why people would be interested to play other games than waiting for winning a potion on AH, everytime they want to level. The game does not offer instantability,

Most woud bid or overbid on the last second end of the auction, I m sure you have been to one where you got overbid on the last second and the next availability is 30 min to 1 hour away, which later you get overbidded again.

My idea is to make bazaar potions more available for people who willing to pay the price.

#4 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 19:18

Most woud bid or overbid on the last second end of the auction, I m sure you have been to one where you got overbid on the last second and the next availability is 30 min to 1 hour away, which later you get overbidded again.

That is the point of the auctions... to bid and overbid until the auction is over.

My idea is to make bazaar potions more available for people who willing to pay the price.

The potions are available in the bazaar, you just have to look and wait. The prices are higher than in AH because you don't have to wait on it which was the point of it. No need to make any changes to it besides adding new potions as they come out.

#5 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 19:21

Right, which again bring back to the vicious cycle, one would have to spend time to win it, or wait until the bazaar shows the potions one wanted/need.
The problem here is for people who has plan and do not have much time. I can see why people would be interested to play other games than waiting for winning a potion on AH, everytime they want to level. The game does not offer instantability,

Please don't coincide the AH and bazaar they offer different price ranges at different times in effect leading to helpful gains or stormy losses which is more of a solution than it is a overgrowing problem. The AH was much more hectic than it is now over a year ago so proposing this notion now is a bit out of place though not entirely of course. Yes even now getting outbid can happen daily but if you naturally outbid someone and he/she got infuriated for it but still interested in playing FS just have to get over it... that's not saying much but you get the main idea :wink:

Edit: Gomez beat me to it :x

eqnq15.png                  

#6 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 19:49

Those are both placed in the Bazaar, you just have to watch for it. The potions there change daily. If you can't wait for them to come back for a hunt from vacation, buy more than you need and stockpile what you will need for future hunts.

I thought they changed every 20 minutes.

#7 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 20:00

They might. I didn't want to make a false statement so I said daily. I don't really watch the bazaar, just know that it changes.

#8 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 20:04

They might. I didn't want to make a false statement so I said daily. I don't really watch the bazaar, just know that it changes.

Uhm it changes every 20 minutes unless HCS is doing maintenance in there or something. Sometimes have to wait hourly for the same potions to come popping back. Daily.. each routine by it is slightly apart or the same.

Referring to the potions themselves of course not the gold :D

eqnq15.png                  

#9 fs_zyhpr

fs_zyhpr
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:11

I understand that on AH you can get outbidded, ...duh .. you,re missing the point.
I m proposing idea so the bazaar have more potions available so player can buy them instantly because they choose too do so, can afford and want the potions, by paying the gold cost in exchange. That was new and never been discussed.
The current bazaar is at times not providing the potions, and waiting next 20 min does not guarantee that the potion you wanted will show up. It will eventually ...but then what next ..40min ..60 min ..80 min .. which again does not provide instantability for people who is willing to pay the cost and wants to play the game instantly. They have to wait.
I did not say that I am quiting because of this system, I am saying that this does not give flexibility to people who has somewhat less time to spend on it.

#10 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:56

If you are willing to pay more for those potions in the bazaar then just bid more in the AH. If you are always trying to pay the minimum AH price you will get outbid a lot but if you are willing to raise the bids high enough in the AH you will win more because others will wait for the next one.

Screenshot everything!

#11 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:54

I m proposing idea so the bazaar have more potions available so player can buy them instantly because they choose too do so, can afford and want the potions, by paying the gold cost in exchange...

...I am saying that this does not give flexibility to people who has somewhat less time to spend on it.

The potions are more available that they were in the past, so stop complaining. The bazaar gives a set price above AH prices for potions you may or may not want, just need to be patient.

It really is your own fault if you procrastinate on your potions and then can't find any in the bazaar and keep getting outbid on the AH.

#12 fs_zyhpr

fs_zyhpr
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2013 - 20:27

This forum exist to exchange idea, if you do not like it then you just simply state so (I dont like it, because ...) or you do not need to respond at this tread (no one is implicated for you to do so). You do not need to accuse people of procrastination. I merely wanted to propose so ALL of us can get an easier way to get potions.

#13 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 20:35

are you suggesting that the Potion Bazaar have every Special Section potion available during every xx:00, xx:20, and xx:40 cycle?

#14 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 20:35

This forum exist to exchange idea, if you do not like it then you just simply state so (I dont like it, because ...) or you do not need to respond at this tread (no one is implicated for you to do so). You do not need to accuse people of procrastination. I merely wanted to propose so ALL of us can get an easier way to get potions.

The bazaar already made it easier for ALL of us to purchase the potions we would like. Why would we possibly need it to be any easier?

Side note: It wasn't an accusation, it was merely a fact.

#15 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 April 2013 - 20:43

I fail to see why most folk don't buy their next hunts potions at the end of their current hunt. They have gold on hand and they want to get rid of it pretty quickly (after banking what they can) so it seems like a win/win to me.

I find it WAY too frustrating to try it the other way - i.e. buying just before I want to hunt ..

#16 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 20:58

I fail to see why most folk don't buy their next hunts potions at the end of their current hunt. They have gold on hand and they want to get rid of it pretty quickly (after banking what they can) so it seems like a win/win to me.

I find it WAY too frustrating to try it the other way - i.e. buying just before I want to hunt ..

hahaha lol I do this EVERY TIME. and I know I need to buy my potions but cba and leave it :| :mrgreen:

#17 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 02 April 2013 - 16:18

honestly i do agree with zyhpr and i feel how he feels since that's also what i experienced more often. Likewise putting a lot of potions at the bazar is another good source for a gold sink and most importantly, players can go hunting without consuming so much time on waiting for, "sometimes", nothing in the AH, Lol :))

#18 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 20:22

players can go hunting without consuming so much time on waiting for, "sometimes", nothing in the AH, Lol :))

Or you could use that time you are waiting on your stamina and buy the potions then instead of procrastinating!

#19 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 21:23

since you are so set on making sure this suggestion never comes to light, gomezkilla.. what is exactly being suggested?

#20 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 21:34

since you are so set on making sure this suggestion never comes to light, gomezkilla.. what is exactly being suggested?

This suggestion has already come to light since its a thread and we are having a discussion over it. All I am doing is making sure that there is an actual point to this thread outside of the fact that everyone in favor here is just LAZY.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: