9 replies to this topic

#1 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 19:20

The crafting professions would seem to function better if the training xp weremore  a function of how many materials are used, rather than just the level of the end product.  As it is, I'm better off crafting the items that take 3+3 gems/ingots rather than the higher items that take 5+5 or soon, 8+8.

Also, since this is broken, I can't check, but please make sure the repeatable quests' xp awards have been modified to account for the much higher xp requirements.

#2 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 June 2013 - 23:53

I've been doing the repeatable Alchemy quests and yes, the xp has been adjusted on them. What I've found is that if I work at the upper end of what I'm able to gather and turn into potions that it doesn't take any longer (and honestly actually seems like it may take a little less time) to level my foraging and alchemy. But it would be a slower slog if I was doing the lower level stuff like I had been before just because there wasn't an appreciable xp difference in doing so.

As far as the xp adjustment goes for creating items that take many ingredients, I can't really speak to that. I've been creating potions that take 4 ingredients + the vial but it's hard to say if the xp increase includes that as a factor. Like I said though, I still feel like I'm making good progress with the xp I am getting.

#3 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:01

There's a much wider variance in some/the other crafting professions.  Some use 6 'things', some 16, and there's not substantially, or any, more xp gained for the larger resource items, unless it is a higher level item.

#4 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:02

same with leather. the level 13 (4 + 1 components) only gets marginally less xp than the level 17 stuff (needing something like 6 + 2 + 1 components)

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#5 natsumi

natsumi

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 00:27

Same here for tailoring, one item requires level 6 and 9 mats while the other requires level 6 and 4 mats, with similar xp rewards. i would like to see it increase with mats required 

#6 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:44

Same here for tailoring, one item requires level 6 and 9 mats while the other requires level 6 and 4 mats, with similar xp rewards. i would like to see it increase with mats required 

And the ridiculous lv 15 tailoring quest which requires 6 mat and gives a total of 2.1k xp(+20% pot and supporter) which works out to about 350xp/mat or about 3.5k/farm attempt. Not to mention it is repeatable for all level after that, there is no reason to create any higher level items to level tailoring.

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#7 RazorsEdge

RazorsEdge

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:13

This topic is so important i have seen mistakes ruin good mmos because of this very topic

a good crafting system can make or break a game runescape and lineage 2 had some of the best crafting systems i have ever seen there is a reason these games did so well there crafting systems definitely played a huge role in their success

ive done all crafts though i may not be as high as some of u in your respective fields i am coming up on all 7 crafting skills being at 10 probably by end of this week not to mention the some 40+ mmo games ive done so ya ive seen plenty of crafting systems

the materials you use shouldn't matter.

the exp u get for the lvl of the final produced item should be what matters and here is why

crafting is not suppose to be designed for making 1000s of a item.

its designed so players can make better gear then you get from dungeons and drops and to build a economy base for the marketplace.

crafting end gear should always and i mean always be best you can get unless the cash shop has better

but with that said that sparks its own debate the pay to win debate.

its pointless to have a crafting system if the final best gear u make can be beat by a in game drop and really by the cash shop as well.

usually if a item costs a lot of materials it usually has some advantage over the other gear like its a rare class for example.

if the end gear isn't made by crafting the market almost always suffers there is 1 exception and runescape and lineage 2 figured it out.

the answer make a much more powerful end gear set that is dropped by the top boss in game and make it very very rare to drop this makes it extremely valuable while keeping crafting alive since its so hard and rare to come by.

for example in runescape the dragon equipment could only be droped by the 4 main bosses of the game you had to kill these bosses 200 times or so to get 1 drop and it took teamwork to win the drop this does have its downfalls eventual through time everyone will get that gear and the market will suffer for it but if made right and followed by better gear within a year it wont hurt the market.

as far as the quests for the professons i honestly think the rewards are a joke i rather not do them and get gold by selling the stuff i make

minor tweaks need to be made on some of the craftable items for example while u shouldn't receive more exp for a item that takes a lot of materials and is the same craft lvl  it should be worth a bit more then a item that took less materials to make it now with that said hunted cow can only control the npc pricing but if they do that it will be a start

#8 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 13:48

Requiring hundreds of crafts is the only way to make it the required time sink.  Right now, the only reason to craft something is, you either want it, or you want to maximize the crafting xp per material.  Once all the repeatable quests are working properly, the maximal xp per material will probably be the quest required ones, but perhaps not always.  In either case, you will be crafting a LOT of something, and then either selling it or cashing it for the quest.

I also agree, that some craftable results should be 'best in class', using a good deal of rare materials.  This ensures the crafting professions remain desirable.

#9 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 12 June 2013 - 14:12

exactly, crafted special sets are something close to the idea. gathering rugged pelts for medium armor set is pretty difficult.

maybe boses could drop some heroic-kind of materials occasionaly.

Edited by Majjer, 12 June 2013 - 14:51.

style5,Majjer.png

#10 RazorsEdge

RazorsEdge

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 23:36

i understand ur complaint its sucks a bit in closed betas doing crafting because the market isn't up and running like it should making it a bigger pain but you have to think long term unless hunted cow wants to make a system for closed beta and a separate for the release not to mention they both have to be tested  so just easier to make it a bit harder for us and get 1 system right

majjer i not only agree with the boss rare drop idea i suport it as long as boss rarly drops the material like on lineage you usualy needed between 10 and 20 of the material to make the best set forcing you to farm the boss nearly 1000 times to get the materials for 1 set some players farmed it to put it up on market for a nice and i mean nice price

in runescape the first dragon plate sold for 1 billion gold + thats alot of gold in runescape

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: