#1 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 August 2013 - 19:04

Can HCS please smack whoever created the bronze - gold tier fragmenting medals?

Medals_zps0fb41743.jpg

See, when you just drag those images over onto the forum, they look fine.

On the actual FS profile page, not so much. They are frankly hideous, not sure why either. Seems to me they are exactly the same size and colour as the other bronze medals. (mostly)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#2 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 August 2013 - 19:05

Oh and while you're at it, can you sort out the spacing between the medals too?

I hate that the first four are spaced far apart while the second four are all bunched up...

If you make them all like the final four, you'd get another couple of medals on that row...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#3 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 August 2013 - 19:43

Bronze - Gold? Easy way to fix that... Go get Crystal!  :P

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#4 MosesChen

MosesChen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 August 2013 - 19:58

The Annual Service (Ruby) has a bit of stuff around it. The outline of the Fragmenter (Bronze) definitely isn't as smooth as the other bronze ones like Bounty Master. It does look very sharp and jagged.

MosesChen4_zpsf20413de.gif?t=1375701812

Visit my GFX shop! :)

#5 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 07 August 2013 - 20:19

I hate that the first four are spaced far apart while the second four are all bunched up...

If you make them all like the final four, you'd get another couple of medals on that row...

Agreed! Funky-spaced medals are annoying. :P

#6 Bizz

Bizz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 20:52

It seems that originally there was a plan for 4 medals per row or someone need to take Math 101 again :D

You cannot split space on 8 parts that all 8 parts get 25% of whole space and that is why first 4 is ok others are just squeezed in :D

ss.png

It's useless knowledge if not shared.

#7 MosesChen

MosesChen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:53

It seems that originally there was a plan for 4 medals per row or someone need to take Math 101 again :D
You cannot split space on 8 parts that all 8 parts get 25% of whole space and that is why first 4 is ok others are just squeezed in :D

ss.png

Interesting find haha. I didn't even think of inspecting elements.

MosesChen4_zpsf20413de.gif?t=1375701812

Visit my GFX shop! :)

#8 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 21:41

You look fine to me XD

doom_zps0764c022.jpg

#9 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2013 - 22:50

Fine as in 'fine', or as in "You look okay". If it's the former, then I thank you for your compliment, but I don't swing that way...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#10 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:40

I remember I made a proposal for a new graphic of the guild achievement medals.

Everyone gave positive feedback. Even from HCS. Yet it never got implemented.

Do you have a graphic proposal for the ones you have issues with?

Good luck with changing the graphics, Doomers ;)

#11 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:08

Even if I have to hold Forn's man-pontytail to ransom I'm getting this fixed...

Besides, it shouldn't be hard to fix, round the edges off of the medals, I could do it in about 5-10 mins...

Change the % values for the medal spacing in the code from 25% to 12.5%, er, how long could that take? O.o

It's not like I'm asking for a complete rework or anything here...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#12 midgetmanj

midgetmanj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:34

I dont think it would take too long.  Its probably just a single template that load your details from a server.  So you would probably only have to change maybe 1-2 instnaces of it..  

#13 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2013 - 14:36

maybe you could make a few png graphics with the edited version, and post them here?

#14 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2013 - 14:56

Maybe you could make a few png graphics with the edited version, and post them here?

What would be the point? They wouldn't use them anyway...

Why are you being weird Dully? ¬_¬

I don't want anything 'edited' I want them fixed.

As in, the rough edges around the fragmenter medal and the erroneous spacing around the medals in general...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#15 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2013 - 17:07

I'm just as weird as you are, Doomers :D

Editing the graphics is the same as your 'fixing' suggestion. My point was, if you made the edit or fix, you could show us what you meant. And then at the same time you would be contributing constructively

Of course, it might be easier to write a thread about what is wrong with the graphics. But you said it would only take 10 minutes to do, so I thought you could save time by editing the graphics. :D

#16 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2013 - 17:14

Dulcharn, are you just trying to make me irritated? An image to show what I meant? Really?

The image, that is shown on everyone's profiles for the fragmenter medals doesn't have smooth edges, look for yourself. Compare the fragmenter medal (bronze - gold) with the other medals and you'll see what I mean. I posted it clear as day in the OP. What I want is for them to fix it, so it's nice and smooth, like, the bounty hunter medal, for instance.

Does that make it clearer for you Dully, do you understand now?

As far as the spacing goes, look at the first four medals in a row, notice how their spacing is different from the last four medals in a row, a kind person has already posted the error in the code for this, so again, no need to post anything in the way of 'images for fixes'. The spacing for the eight medals just needs to be changed from 25% to 12.5%.

This is exactly what I've already said, but now that I've written it so that you can understand, is it constructive now?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#17 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2013 - 17:34

Sure, the spacing is code, but the image of the fragmenter medal just needs to be redone with a drop shadow in photoshop.

Do you know how to use photoshop, Doomers?

:D

#18 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2013 - 17:45

Yes, yes I do. Does HCS ever use user generated images? No, no they don't. So what's the point?

I wouldn't bother with any shadows or anything either, I'd just select a circle within the fragmenter medal and paste it onto one of the existing medals, bish bash bosh, done.

Was this whole 'troll' just because I didn't post an image like you did in your ignored thread?

That old guild loyalty medal was pretty much universally hated, pointless to design a new medal 'for' them though, they'd never use it, they do their own graphics. Plenty of people complained about that old one, I don't remember anyone else wasting their time trying to design a better one though. We give our opinions here, we point out errors, we don't design things for them. ;) Just FYI though, it isn't an opinion regarding the fragmenter medal though, it is simply wrong, needs fixing. I didn't need to provide any other images than what I posted in the OP because anyone with even just ONE eye can see what the problem is...

If you troll me any more Dully, I'm going to put you on forum ignore. I'm tired and crabby and only just recently found the ignore function for this new forum.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#19 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2013 - 17:49

I love you too, Doomers. ;)

:wub:

#20 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:28

ss.png

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: