BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 February 2014 - 14:51

Hi there Everyone.

Avatars and Guild Avatars are now functioning properly, allowing you to upload jpg and png images again. At this time, animated PNG are not supported yet. Be aware, you may have to clear you cache and cookies first!

Please let us know if you are still having issues.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Mylo

Mylo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 14:59

it is fixed, but now it says: "Sorry, its not currently possible to upload animated PNGs."

#3 murloc

murloc

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 16:57

im getting the same message....

#4 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 18:48

mini_1.gif   [2nd edit: two of these show up for Krul Island and not one is a button to get to Mountain Path. Instead of messing with History (not my computer), I  set to search for newer versions of stored pages. Did not help, so far.]

Cookies ? Cache ?

The Search Engine Tools-Internet Options do not use these terms.

Is Delete Browse history the same thing?

[Edit

The reason why I ask: the avatar that moved on World Map did not show up. Later, I went to Krul Island but image and button to enter Mountain Path is not working. Is anyone else getting this? ]

[Third Edit: images are now  working, at least in my account.]

Edited by michael65, 11 February 2014 - 22:11.

#5 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 19:16

I might be off topic

Please make settings for players to enable/disable animations all over the game. Avatars, map flashing, profile pictures, item animations, front page spinning wheel, everything!. Its laggy and espacially map flashing is driving me crasy!

Edited by BabyMad, 11 February 2014 - 19:17.

#6 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 20:14

I might be off topic

Please make settings for players to enable/disable animations all over the game. Avatars, map flashing, profile pictures, item animations, front page spinning wheel, everything!. Its laggy and espacially map flashing is driving me crasy!

In preferences, user interface, there is an option to disable animated avis.

I always did wonder if epileptics might have a problem with the flashing maps. Maybe something to think about HCS.

This might also be off topic, not sure if it's part of the same issue or not...

I saw in the Global Chat that someone was happening the same problem.

There seems to be an issue with backpacks. The folders don't display correctly and neither do the packs themselves.

Having FSH on or off makes no difference. I use FireFox as my navigator. Thanks, will post support ticket as well.

EDIT: PS... actually, just remembered... player position on New Map is not showing either.

Edited by Egami, 11 February 2014 - 20:17.

#7 Chagryn

Chagryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 February 2014 - 22:52

we didn't get a size upgrade? it seems like I remember reading something about possibly changing avatar sizes to 300x300 pixels. -- Maybe a max file size increase? ... 

BrandSig_zpsf2e5098b.png

So who wants to buy me Zombie Brand on League of Legends? 

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 23:10

we didn't get a size upgrade? it seems like I remember reading something about possibly changing avatar sizes to 300x300 pixels. -- Maybe a max file size increase? ... 

Hopefully there won't be a file size increment - I for one, think they're big enough as they are :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#9 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:34

EDIT: PS... actually, just remembered... player position on New Map is not showing either.

This happened to me too, it made playing hard, but not impossible, then suddenly my player blipped back on.  I thought it was a glitch at the time, so I didn't report it.  At this point in time everything seems to be working.

#10 Mylo

Mylo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 17:15

avatars are still bugged,pls fix this

#11 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2014 - 17:57

avatars are still bugged,pls fix this

What's bugged sorry? If you mean you can't upload animated avatars we know about this and will get it fixed by the end of the week :)

This happened to me too, it made playing hard, but not impossible, then suddenly my player blipped back on.  I thought it was a glitch at the time, so I didn't report it.  At this point in time everything seems to be working.

This issue should be fixed now - if you are still seeing the issue, please try clearing your browser cache.

#12 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 22:48

In preferences, user interface, there is an option to disable animated avis.

I always did wonder if epileptics might have a problem with the flashing maps. Maybe something to think about HCS.

I get headaches when i see blinking things over a period and those flashy maps make me CRASY!

#13 moneypants

moneypants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:59

Sorry, its not currently possible to upload animated PNGs.

oh come on gotta new avatar i cant even upload it so unfair 

when will it be fixed????

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:43

Personally, I'd be happy if animated PNG's were blocked completely (and yes, I know, I have one)  ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2014 - 13:23

This is something I'm aware of and have asked Hoofmaster to look into. A Preference is most likely I think.

There seems to be an issue with backpacks. The folders don't display correctly and neither do the packs themselves.

Having FSH on or off makes no difference. I use FireFox as my navigator. Thanks, will post support ticket as well.

Is your FF up to date? Have you hard refreshed the browser? (Ctl + F5).

we didn't get a size upgrade? -- Maybe a max file size increase? ... 

Not yet, no.

#16 SirGorgon

SirGorgon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 20:36

I still cannot upload my avatar every time  I try it says "Failed to upload new avatar."

#17 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 23:20

What's the crack with this? Why are we still unable to upload animated png? Any update/stance would be appreciated HCS.

Cheers.

wil72

#18 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:04

We had to tweak Avatars with the recent changes made to our image server. Normal Avatars will work, just ensure your browsers are up to date and that you've cleared your cache and cookies. Animated pngs will return but it is fairly low on our priority list.

#19 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:21

Understand, thanks for the reply :)

Cheers.

wil72

#20 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 February 2014 - 14:59

i keep getting this message "Failed to upload new avatar."

i have cleared everything on my google chrome i have switched servers and still kept getting that message.

my avatar is JPEG 200x200 and file size 43.4kb

Edited by Alisa, 26 February 2014 - 14:59.

sigma_468x60.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: