#1 SHUTTLER

SHUTTLER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 February 2014 - 16:15

hi all,

am posting this just to make sure that pvps doesnt go waste .......................

they r one of the great features of mmorpg......

but as far as i have seen n experienced .......there are very limited players who pvp......

seriously dont know why?

due to the player count 10 the people who look to spend more time for pvp simply get hurted....am one of them:(

it would be good if we have a option to have a count of our choice say 8, 10, 12 ....so we change it accordingly

i really dont know y but its pretty clear pvp needs some more features as currently the valors are of not much use ........it maybe the reason for atleast 30percent people

we can give some loots or small amount of gold for winning team or buy pets from valors etc....

if u guys got some more suggestions or reasons due to which u dont prefer PVP, please post it over here n let the HCS know about them...

(NOTE: if u dont pvp in any game then u can ignore posting the reason , but dont forget the suggestions)

THANKS

#2 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2014 - 16:20

Many reasons why I don't waste my time on PvP, most of them are in the suggestions section of forum already if you want to go search and find them. I'm too lazy to link you to them all.  :P

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#3 SHUTTLER

SHUTTLER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 February 2014 - 16:45

well really will search them.....

cause i need PVP :D

#4 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 February 2014 - 18:05

a few thing's need sorting like not been able to queue in group should be got rid of. think it's a bad thing when say 3-4 lvl 40's can group up adn when the rest que solo you have a team of low lvl players and high. :(

second when people DC when they know they are on a weak team and get no penatly, just to save there winning stats.

and third it's still not balanced as the lvl 40's have skills to use when the lvl 20's or lower don't, so it's still an advantage for the higher lvls.  not sure how you would sort this out, any chat about it to find some ideas would be great though.

Edited by sdcrichy, 24 February 2014 - 18:06.

#5 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 February 2014 - 18:43

I agree with all of sdcrichy's points. The 2 biggest issues I have with it is there is no tier system to separate the lev 40s from the lev 10s, and thats joining as a team should be done away with.

The last 6 or 7 games I played in PvP had at least 2 level 40s grouping as a team. You can't get a fair game if you stack the deck so that one team always wins over another. That is why there is a very low turnout.

Also, they need to make sure that even if everyone queues solo, that every team has an equal distribution of levels. I can't imagine that being hard at all to program.

When there are guilds implemented, then you should be able to group as a guild, but not as a team. And a guild should only be able to fight another guild, not anyone solo queued.

Furthermore, players should be able to vote on a play style, since low level players suffer the most in TDM.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 24 February 2014 - 18:45.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#6 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 18:55

One PvP in one mmo fixed it like this:

(1) All players adjusted to same attack level

(2) All players adjusted to same armor defense

(3) All players adjusted to same mana level

(4) No modifiers (in this MMO, that would be gems or special weapon stats)

(5) All teams were assigned randomly, but system tried for an equal distribution of levels per team e.g. high levels were distributed across both teams, as were low levels

(6) No armor damage occured

All talents remained.

If this game did that, it would be a game of skill only. Yes, higher level players would still have more talents, giving them an advantage. But since they are distributed across both teams, neither team has advantage. Of course, in reality for a single game, one team may have advantage e.g. one team has healer and tank with shield, other team does not. But then if playing "capture the flag", the healer/tank team might not actually have that advantage you see?

(Also in that mmo, capture the flag happened on a special long battleground where there were two "gates" between each base camp which were perfect for ambushes -- made it interesting because when you captured the opposing team's flag you had to get it all the way back to your camp and then hold it for 3 minutes. Often both flags were in play being run and chased back and forth. If character died it spawned back in its team base camp and went right back into play. Game ended after the 3 minute hold timer for captured flag OR when total timer (10 minutes) went off and then team with most kills won. If win was by captured flag, number of kills were not counted.)

Edited by Praetor, 24 February 2014 - 18:56.

#7 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 18:56

PVP should have more game options such as 3v3 and 4v4, maybe even 2v2. It should also have juggernaut, free for all, and hide and seek gamemodes. The matching system should be changed drastically, many lvl 20s queue for pvp and get owned by a team of lvl 40s easily. There should also be more of an incenitive to do pvp, maybe in some gamemodes have bags of gold you pickup and the more you have at the end of the game you get a small gold bonus (10-20 gold) 
There should also be more things you can get with valor, i'm currently saving for the 3k crusaders tunic (Its hard to get 3k, nobody does PVP and farming trappers is time consuming, maybe add valor point bags as an option along with artisan, gold, and prestige bags?) 

#8 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 21:47

PVP ideas.

I played one game that the PVP arena let you choose from an assortment of armor or weapons before entering the PVP arena, all players would be set to level 1, 25, 50 and 80, and only people that were level 25 could be in the level +25 arena, be level 50 for the level +50 arena and so on, you would have the stats that you had at the level of the arena level you choose.

The rewards were only currency,some utility itens and "vanity" itens such as mounts, pets( there was a Fan male or female that you could get that would follow you around), etc.

Also capture the flag is extremelly fun in every game, and since i havent tried pvp in this game i dont even know if it has or not, if not i would recomend.

I dont do PVP in this game but well this was my input in balancing pvp .

Edited by Susej, 24 February 2014 - 21:48.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#9 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 February 2014 - 22:58

Major issue why alot talked to is lack of rewrd or incetive to join  pvp, Vanitie over all worthlesss - Take's large amount valor 1 part - Still vanitie = nothing gained

Unblanced team issue on going - Agree remove party Quere

Better randoumize team set up agree

Gone thought sevral match, End up with same team not sure how call that randoum out 5 match 1 player changed same team.

Yet other team had same team as well, Each person join Quere solo.

Randoized sys is not set up right

Not sure based on lvl

3 lvl 40 x2 lvl 20's

vs 1 lvl 40 - 20 - 30's

See how team set up is, End with same team set up for each match

Edited by redsmokeboy, 24 February 2014 - 23:00.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#10 SHUTTLER

SHUTTLER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:57

thanks for all replies.........

i think  the random teams without class management is also a problemm :ph34r:

had a pvp few days ago n saw 5mages are my opponents ....with our team having 2assassins 1ranger 1healer and the other guy went off.....

#11 Hic242

Hic242

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 February 2014 - 21:18

The way I see it, HCS need to "fix" 5 things with PvP.

1. Rewards

Currently, the items that can be bought with valor points are not enough incentive for people to spend their time on PvP.

Better rewards should be added to attract more players.

2. Team Size

The current 5v5 format is fun and should be left in. However, the current player base is simply too small for 5v5 matches most of the time.

Therefore, 3v3 and 4v4 modes should be introduced (when there are 6 people queued, maybe have a box pop up, allowing queued players to vote on whether to start the match or wait for more players).

3. Group Queuing

Currently, group queuing usually results in very unevenly matched teams as a group of high levels will group together and will face a group of random solo queuers who are most likely lower levels.

In order to fix this, I suggest solo queuing and group queuing be 2 separate pvp modes.

Group queuing can be "ranked PvP" meaning that it will be more competitive and people will want to put together a good group before doing it.

Solo Queuing will be "fun PvP" meaning a less competitive, more friendly game with random players.

4. Team Balancing

If Solo Queuing and Group Queuing are split up as I suggested above, the teams in solo queuing matches should be better balanced than they are now. I went in to more depth about how I believe this should be done here: http://forums.hunted...topic=62576&hl=

5. Player Balancing

I am not even sure whether this can be fixed at all, however, due to their skills and talents, higher level players have a massive advantage over lower level players. The recent update closed the gap a bit but it is till there and it is still big.

Just my 2 cents, feel free to comment/criticize.

Edited by Hic242, 26 February 2014 - 21:20.

'Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.'

#12 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 February 2014 - 21:38

It's good we all agree that team queueing is a huge problem. I doubt anyone would bother queueing for the team pvp mode if they separated them, but it would be good to be rid of those people.

I don't think team size is an issue because if they address the other issues (balance, team queueing, and rewards) people would naturally play it more.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: