• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DSdavidDS

DSdavidDS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:12

This isn't really something that affects the gameplay, but I did notice that some people are turn off from playing the game because of the Illuminati Reference in the pyramid that takes you to the void. 

I was reading a Eldevin review thread and someone said they after they saw the eye, they decided not to play because of the Illuminati influence that seems to bother many people today.

I too, would agree that it bothers me, so if the devs would look at this and take it into consideration for the next patch, I will be very pleased :P

#2 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:41

Just curious, was the Illuminati before Tolkien? I'm pretty sure every fantasy game that involves eyes are using imagry from Lord of the Rings.

It is on the US currency. So, I don't see the big deal. There is a difference between seeing something and believing in it.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 01 March 2014 - 01:49.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#3 RoteZora

RoteZora

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:57

This has nothing to do with LOTR... the pyramid and the eye date back from an ancient civilisation

(not only in Egypt btw.) That symbol and the blue diamond are all over the gaming world !

Google "church pyramid eye" pictures and You start getting the basics:.

Religion = belief (not knowledge;-) ... and the "christian" faith dates back as far as babylonian times and beyond (i.e. Sumeria and the Akkadian Empire ca. 3000 BC ! ! ! )

Read for free :Alexander Hislop's "The Two Babylons" 1853

http://www.ldolphin....nder_Hislop.pdf

The Roman Catholic "Church" is the richest company on this planet. Its inofficial credo:

We make the masses pay us handsomely for their gullibility and ignorance. (No irony intended here.)

WOW, Aion, Rift, EVE online... You name it...Illuminati-symbolism as far as the eye can see. MMORPGs are magic, are make-believe - and therefore You have to live with the maker's trademark. Take it or leave it. Remember the Grimm's fairytale "Little Red Ridinghood"? ... and the girl said to the wolf:

"Grandmother, what big teeth you have got!"

Educate Yourself.

Edited by RoteZora, 01 March 2014 - 10:17.

#4 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:59

Well, i think i'll stop playing because it involves a lot of dark magic, which in turn is against my beliefs, maybe also get rid of the Templar title, as that could be linked to the Knights Templar, c'mon people, this is a game and as such, is fantasy, not real life, try to diffentiate please :)

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#5 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:19

This is Eldevin not earth, Relam of human world - This is world based on on magic and dark arts if issue with those thing why are you playing start - Complain leve if these thing are issue to you!

Land of Hero's and magic land is filled with creater of domnic or other mean's!

Game nothing more to say - Play any MMORPG sevral ref to thing in game's keep mind this is fansty world - Not earth

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#6 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:22

This has nothing to do with LOTR... the pyramid and the eye date back from an ancient civilisation

(not only in Egypt btw.) That symbol and the blue diamond are all over the gaming world !

Google "church pyramid eye" pictures and You start getting the basics:.

Religion = belief (not knowledge;-) ... and the "christian" faith dates back as far as babylonian times and beyond (i.e. Sumeria and the Akkadian Empire ca. 3000 BC ! ! ! )

Read for free :Alexander Hislop's "The Two Babylons" 1853

http://www.ldolphin....nder_Hislop.pdf

The Roman Catholic "Church" is the richest company on this planet. Its inofficial credo:

We make the masses pay us handsomely for their gullibility and ignorance. (No irony intended here.)

WOW, Aion, Rift, EVE online... You name it...Illuminat-symbolism as far as the eye can see. MMORPGs are magic, are make-believe - and therefore You have to live with the maker's trademark. Take it or leave it. Remember the Grimm's fairytale "Little Red Ridinghood"? ... and the girl said to the wolf:

"Grandmother, what big teeth you have got!"

Educate Yourself.

Good stuff. I'll load it up on my tablet and read while I'm mining. Thanks. That reminds me that I need to finish some of Isaac Newton's notes on the same topic.

#7 Akadria

Akadria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • Estonia

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:24

(Certain) people see "Illuminati references" everywhere because the supposed Illuminati use shiptons of very common and/or old symbols/references.  :lol: I've read quite a bit on this topic, not just saying this as a random guess. There's a lot of debates to be had here but this forum isn't quite the right place so I'll keep it short. Magic plays a large part in the universe of Eldevin so it makes sense that some occult symbology and meanings will be borrowed from the real world.

siggy2_zps0bcfeb13.png

#8 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:41

Illuminati refrences are all over the place and other games succeed without a problem. The people who decide not to play over that are missing out.

Sometimes you gotta realise it's a bit late for that tin-foil hat, they rule the world already.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#9 Storme

Storme

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 13:37

The illuminati isn't real, so I don't see the problem. The "eye" symbol is the eye of Horus and has nothing to do with evil. But if you want to not play, good, leave, the less ignorant and stupid players the better.

I think it's hilarious how barely anyone knew about the illuminati a few years ago, and now all of the sudden brainless people are making videos on moviemaker and put "scary" music over it and everyone believes it. They tell us to open our eyes, but you're the ones who should be opening them because you let a couple of stupid videos deceive you. GULLIBLE.

Be smart, and like a person above said, EDUCATE YOURSELF. (before you wreck yourself)

#10 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 March 2014 - 20:38

Really here this is a GAME... Not real life Hope you find your answers because every one here gave good advise....

• Ant likes this

#11 RoteZora

RoteZora

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:45

@Storme: The Illuminati existed officially in the past. Founder was Adam Weishaupt and they operated in Germany 1776 - 1785. Concerning their further secret existence I recommend the books by Mark Dice: "The Illuminati: Facts & Fiction", "Big Brother: The Orwellian Nightmare Come True", "The New World Order: Facts & Fiction". These books get an average 4 * review by a lot of readers. Another good 4 * book on a similar subject: by former British MI6 intelligence officer John Coleman: "The Conspirators Hierarchy, the Committee of 300". Just because a lot of people dont know about secret societies doesn't mean they do not exist. There are videos on YouTube with original  speeches by John F. Kennedy and Eisenhower.

Committee of 300 - Dr. John Coleman

While we play Eldevin - which is indeed a fantastic world, we sit on our chairs in our houses in the real world which is ruled and shaped by those "chosen few". And yes, I mean it: educate Yourself  B)

Edited by RoteZora, 05 March 2014 - 10:08.

#12 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:12

I think it's important that everyone learns to reevaluate their world through "fresh eyes," and to form their own opinion, rather than trust another's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: