Photo

Players Content choice

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: New content? Or Finish what HCS started? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like HCS to focus on New Story Content or Add/Fix what they started?

1. New Story Content (More Maps,More Dungeons,More levels,Quests,etc) (6 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Finish what HCS started (Update -Crafting,PvP,World Bosses,etc) (7 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

3. Both at the same time. (10 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

4. Neither (1 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:55

This is for ME and the players to  see the %'s of peoples interest.I think we all would like to see what most people are looking forward into in this game.For me I picked Fix what they started since I was attracted to this game because of what they started.Everyone has their opinions , I respect everyones opinions.

Edited by lester, 02 April 2014 - 12:21.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#2 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:03

I feel this poll is biased, as there's not a real diversity of options. It's just a multiple choice question where you can't choose neither. I generally think HCS can do what they want with the game, and players should only suggest what gets added, and not enforce it. The team at HCS have their own image for the game, and when you add a bunch of players from different gaming backgrounds into the equation, it can turn into a war zone if certain players don't get what they want. For example, some people complain the PvP is shit, yet HCS said multiple times that they're not focusing on PvP at this point in time, and other people might complain that HCS aren't working fast enough when it comes to adding new drops and loot tables. 

I basically think HCS should work at their pace, not ours.

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#3 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:05

I feel this poll is biased, as there's not a real diversity of options. It's just a multiple choice question where you can't choose neither. I generally think HCS can do what they want with the game, and players should only suggest what gets added, and not enforce it. The team at HCS have their own image for the game, and when you add a bunch of players from different gaming backgrounds into the equation, it can turn into a war zone if certain players don't get what they want. For example, some people complain the PvP is shit, yet HCS said multiple times that they're not focusing on PvP at this point in time, and other people might complain that HCS aren't working fast enough when it comes to adding new drops and loot tables. 

I basically think HCS should work at their pace, not ours.

This isn't for HCS this is just for me, and the players , HCS can do what they want its their game

Updated*

Edited by lester, 02 April 2014 - 12:11.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#4 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:24

I would not consider this poll vaired enough.  For the options you have new story content and finish what hcs started. Both very murky options. Poll should of been fleshed out to cover new updates in the terms of Guilds, player market etc.   This poll has left out some things that need to be there as options.

Edited by HappyDays, 02 April 2014 - 12:24.

#5 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 April 2014 - 14:17

Best we can do is create suggestions and with enough support maybe they will be chosen to be implemented into the game,if not tough luck.

This poll,seems to have been created and aimed with negative effect towards HCS even though it isn't directly stated, the lack of options and variation show this. Would advise to throw in variation from a broader audience rather then just My opinion and only 1 other type opinion. Example:

1)make adjustments to Trappers atoll to make it more desirable content
2)implementing player guilds 
3) player market/Auction house
4)Increased level caps and content such as dungeons and higher skilling productions
5)Hardware rendering 
6)Camera angle fixation and lock
7)removal of group queu syncing with solo queu for PVP
8)implementing Mounts (such as a bull or nightmare)

Edited by HuMoR, 02 April 2014 - 17:11.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#6 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 17:09

Where is the option for mounts? Mongo wants to ride a bull!

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#7 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 17:27

Finish what HCS started.

i see 45 just as a hype for 2 weeks , grind to 45 fast get ur professions u like to 45 from 40 and then back to dead game.

nothing to hold onto the game till now.

my opinion my choice.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#8 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 18:45

actualy if you take a look at some of HCS's other game threads (like legacy and such) they themselves asked this very question and let the community suggest a bunch of idea's then vote on those ideas. its a really neat concept that i've not really seen a dev company do before. so perhaps this thread isn't so bad, could get things like that rolling here in eldevin...... who knows...

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#9 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 April 2014 - 20:27

This poll is reasonable as it covers the two basic options for the content team, concentrate on improving the current game or on creating new content.  Please remember, as HCS has said many times, they have a content team and a technical development team.  AH/guilds/mounts/3d/standalone client/etc are handled by the technical team.

If someone is curious about technical priorities, that should be a separate poll.  It would be extremely difficult to put a comprehensive list together, due to the length. :)

Re: objectors to polls:

Adding to what awoll just said, HCS is not like other software companies.  They listen.  Yes, they have their vision, direction, and priorities.  If a suggestion doesn't fit that, obviously it won't be implemented.  But they do read the forums and care about what people say, and it does influence their decisions.

Edited by Irradiated, 02 April 2014 - 20:32.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#10 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 20:39

actualy if you take a look at some of HCS's other game threads (like legacy and such) they themselves asked this very question and let the community suggest a bunch of idea's then vote on those ideas. its a really neat concept that i've not really seen a dev company do before. so perhaps this thread isn't so bad, could get things like that rolling here in eldevin...... who knows...

^ I like this guy he makes me feel good about my posts. :wub:

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#11 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 20:56

Looks like we have a tie , very interesting.If HCS were to do updates upon this It is safe to say both things should get updated to make everyone happy.

Edited by lester, 02 April 2014 - 20:57.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: