#1 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 May 2014 - 19:42

i was wondering if the medals achieved logs are working right in the Tavern Rumours? its not really showing the right medals earned, just showing random old earned medals.

is this right?

Attached Thumbnails

• medals.JPG
  • medal2.JPG

sigma_468x60.jpg

#2 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 19:47

there is a limit of 10 medals displayed at one time so there is a tremendous backlog of medals to display.

Screenshot everything!

#3 Triana

Triana

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:49

We need a new medal for being banned.  Also it should have a level.  Level 1 means you were banned once.  Level 2 means you were banned twice...Level 5 means you were banned 5 times....Level 10 means you were banned 10 times.  Maybe by the time you've been banned 10 times you get permanently banned.  lol

#4 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 May 2014 - 22:08

We need a new medal for being banned.  Also it should have a level.  Level 1 means you were banned once.  Level 2 means you were banned twice...Level 5 means you were banned 5 times....Level 10 means you were banned 10 times.  Maybe by the time you've been banned 10 times you get permanently banned.  lol

where is this coming from?

sigma_468x60.jpg

#5 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 May 2014 - 22:18

That just sounds like a way to encourage bad behaviour.  <_<

#6 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:21

There is no thought behind this comment...trolling is a crime.  Perhaps a productive addition to the conversation?

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#7 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:57

i've noted the eldevin forums have passed sigma and gothador in terms of total activity

still a long way to go to catch fallensword, but looking at the daily activity it won't be long

#8 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 May 2014 - 21:40

i've noted the eldevin forums have passed sigma and gothador in terms of total activity

still a long way to go to catch fallensword, but looking at the daily activity it won't be long

um okay nothing about this topic but sure maybe soon lol

just spam eldevin forums until your mission is complete. :)

sigma_468x60.jpg

#9 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 May 2014 - 15:16

Suspended more times than anyone I know, (usually totally asking for it/deserved it ROFL) banned, hopefully never.

As to the medals I really hope cows increase the amount per update. The backlog is now well over a month old. I saw a medal of mine early this month I got in March.....

If HCS just bumped it up to a max of 20-24 per posting this backlog would clear up in a couple weeks. Then they could draw back down to 16 per and it'd be fine.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#10 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 18:13

there is a limit of 10 medals displayed at one time so there is a tremendous backlog of medals to display.

i see a medal there for an inactive player - that's what, 30 days ++ backlog?

#11 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 23:41

i see a medal there for an inactive player - that's what, 30 days ++ backlog?

I'm guessing at least twice that long at this point and falling farther behind everyday.  The reason they were knocked down to 10 at a time was because a LOT of medals were going out which created a very large post on the home page.  The system still doesn't work.  Perhaps the medals need their own page for display.  It could work much like the ladder does.  Once a day an announcement can be posted that medals have been allocated with a link to the page for those that would like to see them.  Doesn't clutter the home page and makes the medals available.  Catching up will be the hardest part.

Screenshot everything!

#12 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 00:53

so many medals awarded these days that they've lost their effect as something special enough to announce on the homepage IMO, or even acknowledge at all

next there'll be a medal given for earning 'x' number of medals (ooo, new idea for meme thread!)

a medal for making a guild deposit? feh

#13 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:36

I got 5 medals in the month of September.... let's see how long it takes them to hit the front page....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#14 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 23:01

Ten medals awarded today. 8 of the members Inactive. One gone for 18 days. The one who is still active got a gold loyalty medal. Surprise, surprise, the player doesn't have that medal and hasn't been in the Guild he got it for, for ages.

Is there a place where this "issue" might get some attention? Please pm me in game if you have some info about it. Thank you. 

The thing has been commented on but has never been fixed. Personally, I'd prefer it to simply go away and avoid the home page notifications if it will continue to be completely ludicrous. 

Edited by Egami, 06 May 2015 - 23:03.

#15 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 22:31

How about showing all new medals, with no limit on how many should display, as it was when it first was implemented, but put it on its own page instead of on the main page?

#16 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:17

The above suggestion could work. Big time on its own page. 

Or, why not just scrap the feature entirely?

What value does it add?

Everyone who has earned those medals, if online and active, already knows about it. Telling the rest of the community achieves what, exactly?

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#17 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:55

You mean you didn't like seeing the guy earn his silver guild loyalty medal today even though he's inactive with a crystal guild loyalty medal in his profile?

#18 seasack

seasack

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:39

i think the real reason is that we all just want to see our names on the home page so we can repost it here :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: