2 replies to this topic

#1 Alphamale

Alphamale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 18:18

Hello,

I personally think that the way random dungeon queu works now is a bad way to motivate high lvls to run lower lvl dungeons. As it's a 1x/day where reward is equal to the repairs I as a tank have (I don't care really as I do help alot of people with lower lvl dungeons and I do waste alot but don't really caring about that)

But why didn't you add another type of incentive to doing lower dungeons? As it is now most high lvls are busy grinding fusion powder for the gem upgrades we're all trying to achieve. 

Wouldn't it be a better idea that for example a lvl 45 who runs TR reward him with a bonus "Token of Gratitude" or something like that and let them trade that in for some vanity which is only achieveable by doing that or temporary make it be tradeable for 5 fusion powder or something like that.

You can prevent abuse of that by adding an extra criterium. Atleast one of the team ain't allowed to be able to reach the next dungeon yet. 

E.g.:

-When a lvl 45 run Boondocks atleast 1 has to be 9-13

-When a lvl 45 runs vault atleast 1 has to be 14-18

-When a lvl 45 runs ohdar scar atleast 1 of the team has to be lvl 19-23

-When a lvl 45 runs SV/GC atleast 1 of the team has to be lvl 24-28

etc etc

I think this way alot more higher lvled people will feel the need (Read: See enough benefits) In helping lower lvled people. 

Because the way it is now a lvl 45 just can solo 1 boondocks and get the "Random dungeon" daily reward. Which I  think wasn't the entire idea of you guys adding the random dungeon. And tbh even for fully random teams, it'll only work upto for example TO3 (for me to tank probly less for others or more for other builds) Because of some dungeons just need a healer. Atm I think this random dungeon idea is completely missing the potential it has and the goals it has to reach. (Could be wrong)

Also when a complete level 45 team just hits a vault (yes it happend earlier) That's just beeing plainly useless for people.

Anyway i'd like to hear other opinions about this. As I might be biased as tank and I help people regardless of the reward so might not see the benefits of it.

Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes, Lex Talionis

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? - William shakespeare

/Glenn aka Alphadouche

#2 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 June 2014 - 19:27

First off, I agree with your suggestions, Alpha.  Very good.  Adding to your post.

I've now tried random dungeons as both a 45 and a 16.  So far every run has consisted of one lower level person and four end game players.  Race through and done.

This is fine for a level 45.  Make a spot of gold, a few prestige points in minutes.  Perhaps a couple more gold or low level gems on greed drops.  The random reward pays for repairs and all is good.

For the low level it's a different matter.

Quests:

For now this is not the way to get quests done, you still need a custom run through.  I know some will hate me for saying this, but how about if the daily is only given when all group members have all quests completed?  At least until story mode is released.

Loot:

In a traditional run as a 45 I pass for all loot, greed on fusion powder, and only rarely greed on gems or rems.  After all, the purpose is to help the low level.  I suggest nothing changes, but that high levels make a habit of this out of courtesy.  Low levels should also be aware they can 'need' if they see needed gear.

Sets:

If a player is trying to build the Ohdar set, getting put in vault is worthless.  I suggest the system match up players in a regular queue with those queued for random, and put the team in the requested instance.  And high levels, again out of courtesy, if you don't need the rems for an alt, pass rather then greed.

Edited by Irradiated, 13 June 2014 - 19:29.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#3 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 19:42

I've now tried random dungeons as both a 45 and a 16.  So far every run has consisted of one lower level person and four end game players.  Race through and done.

This is exactly why elsewhere I've stated that those searching in random dungeon should be placed in queue with low levels already in a queue (as Irradiated also suggests).  Based on this statement, four level 45s get the random dungeon done for the day and only one low level gets help.  If randomly searching players get placed in an existing queue of low levels waiting for their preferred dungeon, it is much more likely that multiple low levels will get help at once.

Also, concurring with Bieeest, it would be nice if there was some incentive for high level players to do random dungeon more than just once per day.  I should note that this could be abused by having four level 45s help one low level (possibly an alt).  So the rewards need to be thoughtfully decided, but more incentive is better.

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: