4 replies to this topic

#1 Oltopeteeh

Oltopeteeh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Russian Federation

Posted 20 November 2014 - 16:01

I'm surprised that the profession use different principles of game mechanics.

In particular, the extraction of dust and amethyst crystals coming from a single source. But copper and coal are mined from different sources. The farm contains the mechanics of disease (death) crop, but the rest of the profession - no. Just wait for the completion of the process. This is weird...

Of course, some people do not pay attention to these differences and say that everything has its own specifics. But it contains a problem for game designers and ordinary players... Consider all these subtleties - is to spend more time on the development of each update.If Ignore - break the balance, the players lose interest and part of the donat. Therefore, whenever possible, it is better to combine different principles, overall system. Single root and slightly different branches of individual professions.

P.S.: I use Google translator, because do not know much English. Please, excuse the ignorance of the text :(

--- Suggestions ---

1. Extraction. Skinning, mining, etc.

1.1. The process of resource extraction. Farm Mechanics and fight against monsters.

There are total time of extraction (water supply), is an indicator of the completion of the process (plant growth), and there is the risk of loss of the resource (disease, crop damage). In the case of the battle with the monsters, the loss of time and do not use the skill in time - so get more damage, and even die (lose the entire crop).Proposes to introduce the mechanics in all professions. Form of implementation can be the same as that in the farm. Parasites (flies), and even negative energy (entropy of chaos), or something like that.

As compensation for the inconvenience, you can give a chance for a rare resource from this source, if the player has reacted in time. For example, note the valuable piece of skin on the monsters and cut it neatly (get the blue fragment) and not raspolosovat skin as usual and lose the chance to find a treasure because of carelessness.

As a critical success - shine a light source, indicating the rare chance. That is, there might be three states. The risk of loss (red), the chance of much success (blue) and a regular routine work of the character that does not require the attention of players (our hero cope itself, as in the case of auto-attack against weak mobs, or resource extraction is not on a farm).

2. The processing resources.
I know that this topic has been raised at least twice, but the complete solution is still no.

https://forums.hunte...leatherworking/

https://forums.hunte...rystal-powder/ 
I propose to add the recipe conversion of conventional resources in additional. The timber with the resin. If desired, vice versa. Course, 1 to 2, 2 to 1, or even more, but better to stick to the basic numbers (as it is in such proportions, these resources are obtained with respect to each other). Copper in the coal, and back (oddly, of course, but alchemy and lead into gold can pay). Fur skin, and vice versa. Dust crystals amethyst etc.

3. Craft - skill development generating profession.

Collection and extraction of swinging fast. From the fact of collecting, as well as processing. Craft improves only when creating things and much inferior to the speed of development, gathering professions.

I propose to increase the reward for the experience of making things, or add an alternative way of producing leveling professions so that they do not lag behind gathering professions. Alternatively, the treatment  of materials will pump and the collection and production, 50/50 :)

#2 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 16:52

No.

rsz_sniper_anime_girl_dual_screen_3_t2.j

| Rezilia (16) Ranger | Bunnycakes (5) Paladin |

| Crystal Cutting - 4 | Farming - 11 | Fishing - 9 | Foraging - 10 | Forestry - 8 | Prospecting - 6 | Skinning - 16 |

| Alchemy - 12 | Armorsmithing - 2 | Cooking - 16 | Jewelry - 1 | Leatherworking - 9 | Tailoring - 6 | Weaponsmithing - 2 |

| Account (8) | Hours (58.5+) |

#3 Sharky

Sharky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 18:09

just shut up and play. have fun :D

#4 Kambalo

Kambalo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 19:10

No.

QFT, now you just became one of my favorite posters.  :D  :ph34r:

Seek and ye shall find.

The Master

#5 Jorlas

Jorlas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:03

I'd just like to say there have been many times when i killed too many monsters to skin.  Only to have the corpse disappear.  Often this number is as low as 4. 

The risk reward for skinning is right there. 

There are already rare skins available. Putting them behind a timing wall would hurt people who lag as they might feel cheated if they loose their chance at better loot to a lag spike.  If the timing were large enough to accommodate these people then most people would recieve the greater reward most of the time.  The bonus would be expected and the general playerbase would start to be disappointed at recieving the "normal" rewards.

Currently the difficulty in leveling professions is in the gathering phase.  Your idea seems to pe pointing in the other direction, and as a free to play game I think HCG prefers the current model.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: