Photo

Farming Suggestion (The 4 Plots Solution)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:31

As of right now, having four plots is not worth it, due to disease + space. I'm pretty sure planting with two plots is faster then four anyways.

However I think this suggestion might work but it probaly will need tweaking ofc. 

What if you could plant 2 seeds in one plot instead? This just combines four plots into two.

also check out Zook's suggestion of different sized plots below this post. :)

This would mean removing the ability to have four plots. At bottom of post is the issue regarding with the plot tier system. 

Farming as of right now:

1 Cotton Seed with one compost, crop dust, scarecrow.

yield = 20 

chance of 0 - 1 etheral cotton.

water: twice

Cons: Only two - three plots are possible + takes up plot space. Spend more time pruning between plots.

Pros: none?

Farming with Suggestion:

2 Cotton Seeds in one plot with two compost, crop dust (and I hope you can plant 2 compost/crop dust at once doing this), + 2 x scarecrow?

yield = 40.

chance of 0 - 2 etheral cotton.

water: four times.

But it will take 2x as long to grow... just basically two plots in one.  

Pros: Instead of taking up four plots, you take up two. Spend less time pruning/harvesting.

Cons: 2x longer to grow... not ideal if you just need an amount under 40. 

-------------------------

There are 3 issues though so I'm not sure how it can be solved... 

- If you only want to plant one seed instead of two - for reasons like only need x amount of this crop for a Farming Daily.

- The third plot would have to be unusable after unlocking the "2x seeds" ability. So plot tier system might need to be reworked a bit? 

With level 50 content, and with plot tier system being every 10 levels, there could be a fifth plot. However it makes current system looks confusing.

Current System with Suggestion:

Level 1 - 10: one plot.

Level 11 - 20: two plots

Level 21 - 30: three plots

Level 32: 2x seeds - max of 2 plots.

Level 50+: Three plots? (adds up to five plots).

Unsure how it would work. Starts to sound like a complicated math problem.   :wacko:

Reworked System with Suggestion:

Level 1 - 15: one plot.

Level 16 - 32: two plots.

Level 32: 2x seeds. max of 2 plots.

Level 50+: three plots.

Level ???: 2x seeds. max of 3 plots. - or 3x seeds. max of 2 plots?

With reworked system, it would mean having to sacrifice a second plot for another 5 or 6 levels. The bad news is that there would be no third plot till level 50.

Edited by Spirit, 09 December 2014 - 00:21.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#2 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:08

32 - New Typ of composted - scrawcrow would be best easyest option.

2 seed's 1 plot not sure how that work out possible need New plot's added solve this issue.

Combind of 2 plot's in 1 That way could use new item's possible mean's for 2 seed's  alow for larger yeild's.

Many farming plot's around world many not being used - could be used possible added bonus to some these plot's.

Like idea, Mean's for more plot's was basic idea of group farming alow you to farm so many and have other help you with growing crop's Issue with this never grouped farmed so not sure how this work's.

Over all basic idea was for group farming alow more plot's.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 08 December 2014 - 09:11.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#3 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:33

32 - New Typ of composted - scrawcrow would be best easyest option.

2 seed's 1 plot not sure how that work out possible need New plot's added solve this issue.

Combind of 2 plot's in 1 That way could use new item's possible mean's for 2 seed's  alow for larger yeild's.

Many farming plot's around world many not being used - could be used possible added bonus to some these plot's.

Like idea, Mean's for more plot's was basic idea of group farming alow you to farm so many and have other help you with growing crop's Issue with this never grouped farmed so not sure how this work's.

Over all basic idea was for group farming alow more plot's.

Ah yes, group farming.

I actually tried it with another person, and I don't know if I like it or not. All the person can do is just water/prune. It only helps for disease loss. And I could prune/water their crops.

Then it seems like you'd have to split the yield 50/50. 

Hmm... I just wonder why group farming isn't a big deal then. Do people know about it, or is it because of experience gained from crops? As in when you could do three plots yourself?

However 2x seeds in one plot could still work for group farming too... if I had 2 plots and another player had 2 plots... more yield - instead of me having 4 plots and other player having 4 plots. 

But if plots are meant for group farming, then it makes sense now. I just always thought we could farm up to four plots regardless. :P

Edited by Spirit, 08 December 2014 - 09:42.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#4 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:06

Didn't read everything but here's my idea :P

Would like to see different sized plots to use instead of the standard 2 that we have now.

You will of course need to have the Farming level to use the seeds.
Lvl 1-10 - 1 seed of any lvl req

Lvl 16 - Opens up a larger plot that takes 2 seed of the same type

Lvl 32 - 4 seeds - Can take 2 types of seeds at the same time and will take 2 of both or 4 of one seed type. (Example: 2 Jute + 2 Wheat... or... 4 Jute)

Or 2 lvl 16 plots...

Lvl 50 - 6 seeds - Either 3 types and 2 of each, or 2 types and 3 of each or 6 of one seed type.. (Example: 2 Basil + 2 Jute + 2 Wheat.... Or... 3 Jute + 3 Wheat... or... 6 Jute)

Or 3 lvl 16 plots

Watering will work in the same way it does now. Amount of water is higher for higher level seeds and will require the amount of water for the highest level. It will multiply the water to the amount of seeds. (2 Carrot + 2 Jute + 2 Wheat would mean that you would have to water for 6 carrot seeds)

Add better compost and scarecrows. The ones that we have now just isnt enough.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#5 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:53

Goodluck getting farming fixed. HCS has this amazing ability to only see what they want to see and fix or do. But of course they listen to everything. wink wink.

#6 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 09 December 2014 - 00:47

Goodluck getting farming fixed. HCS has this amazing ability to only see what they want to see and fix or do. But of course they listen to everything. wink wink.

Well without suggestions it will never be "fixed".

Better come up with ideas now and then and see what devs think about it.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#7 Jorlas

Jorlas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:09

You can do a lot more than water/pune.

Once someone rakes the plot you can do everythign but harvest.  Meaning you could use their plots to farm stuff higher than their current level.  Not sure if that affects yeild though.

Would love to do some in game testing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: