Photo

Backpack size tiers. (Founder/Steam/Normal)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Backpack Poll (33 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you like to see happen with backpack sizes?

1. Leave them as is (4 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

2. Add extra tier/s for Founder and Steam backpacks (25 votes [75.76%])

Percentage of vote: 75.76%

3. Doesnt bother me (4 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 15 December 2014 - 19:42

Recently backpacks have been change and now all backpacks can be upgraded to 10x10 size. This means that both Founder and Steam packs have lost their exclusivity and instead recieve a small discount in the cost of the upgrades.

I think they should keep their exclusivity through extra tiers, either having both steam and founder packs go one more tier. Or steam goes one more tier and founder packs 2 more tiers.

This would allow them to stay exclusive and still give everyone a ton of space if they upgrade all their packs.

The argument against this is that new players will come in and see Founder packs very rarely for sale at a huge price point and be turned away.

Discuss (civilly) and vote...

Edited by ernzor, 15 December 2014 - 19:45.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#2 Tom92

Tom92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 19:53

Definetly add extra tiers to the steam and founder backpacks,

I don't personally have a founder one but it should be exclusive to people who supported Eldevin in the beta stages and should be the best backpack available,

As for the steam one, I personally purchased it only for the backpack and now you can buy a normal one and upgrade it, I know plenty of people who did only purchase it for the backpack aswell and in that case they should be able to store more than regular upgradable ones.

I vote add the extra tiers!!

#3 Vash

Vash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 December 2014 - 21:34

Just give them their exclusive space, I can tell you personally it's not going to kill us having to hold 10 less blueberries than the guys paying the staff's bills.

#4 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 15 December 2014 - 21:38

I think Steam backpacks should remain as is. When you buy one, it's a bit bigger then large backpacks to begin with and you get a discount when upgrading anyways.

I think only founder backpacks should be a little bigger.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#5 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 December 2014 - 21:41

I'd agree with Spirit - havingboth the founder and steam packs available to me, I still feel that they've all lost their advantage. If all BP's can be upgraded to the same size, then what good is being a "founder" or purchasing through steam?

I'd like to see having the founder BP upgraded one more above steam (two if steam is 1). Steam backpacks are less rare now since HCS has so graciously brought out the ability to purchase a total of 3. I bet there will be more coming back soon enough.

I do feel slighted, but understand HCS needs to pay the bills, and these types of packs allow the game to thrive (donation wise).

#6 Removed221770

Removed221770

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 22:17

I vote add the extra tiers!! +1

We paid for it, and most of us are Supporters of the game, without us this game would simply crash and burn.

#7 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 22:32

i thought all bags were account bound now

tumblr_nahbpgs7Pm1rpnbr6o1_500.gif

#8 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 15 December 2014 - 23:32

They are slip, but that is not the topic :P

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#9 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:06

The founder backpack should be the largest general purpose backpack in the game.  Perhaps I'm misremembering,  but I recall HCS saying this would be the case when it went on sale.  And, IMO, that's reason enough to keep it true.

I'm for 2 extra upgrades for founder's BP, 1 for Steam.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#10 Cromwell

Cromwell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:40

Perhaps I'm misremembering,  but I recall HCS saying this would be the case when it went on sale. 

Not saying your wrong, but Mojawk has commented on this when the upgradeable bags original came out. And they said they had always intended for it to be this way and that it was also stated on the founders page. Here's a link for those who may have missed it:

https://forums.hunte...m-gmt/?p=908633

Mojawk:

All bags will now be able to be upgraded to 10 x 10 however steam and founder bags will receive a discount in price on their first upgrade cost. The founder bag will also retain its unique look and description. We always intended to allow players to upgrade the size of their bags once the system was ready and this was stated on the page selling the founder packs.

#11 ShadowBane

ShadowBane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:59

Why should they remain exclusive?

If you pay to have them upgraded then its fine.

You are getting the use out of them, its not like you can sell them.

Too many ppl whinge and complain about things they already have because they want more, more, more.

#12 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:45

Why should they remain exclusive?

If you pay to have them upgraded then its fine.

You are getting the use out of them, its not like you can sell them.

Too many ppl whinge and complain about things they already have because they want more, more, more.

Apologies for not being clear on this. For me personally, this change is all positive.  Upgrading to 10x10 less expensively is plenty.  An unexpected extra bonus from the packs I still have.

When making my previous post, I was thinking of the person who bought a founder's pack from me for several thousand EP.  And everyone told me I let it go too cheap!

Edited by Irradiated, 17 December 2014 - 05:43.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#13 Removed221770

Removed221770

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 14:18

I agree, founders backpacks should have two extra while steam has one. That sounds fair enough to me.

#14 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 18 December 2014 - 14:36

I wouldn't mind every bag being 10*10 if the founders/steam backpacks were less expensive to upgrade on each stage rather than just the first one...

I also wouldn't mind if they could be bigger than the max upgradeable non exclusive items...

But for me this one isn't such a huge biggie, I'm just happy we get to have 10*10 backpacks if we are willing to spend on that

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: