• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Setarii

Setarii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:02

So I'm getting black boxes over my objectives on the map and it's very unbecoming. Is this how the whole game is?

The Real Setari

#2 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:47

So I'm getting black boxes over my objectives on the map

Try doing a force refresh of content in your browser while on the map page.

If you use Windows, you can do this by pressing: CTRL + F5

and it's very unbecoming. Is this how the whole game is?

No. But occasionally a browser might not load something, and usually a full refresh fixes it. :)

#3 TSDaedalus

TSDaedalus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 14:35

I think it's a recent bug. I get it on some maps, but not on others. I'm using Chrome. Haven't tried other browsers yet.

#4 LumWolf

LumWolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 20:30

I think it's a recent bug. I get it on some maps, but not on others. I'm using Chrome. Haven't tried other browsers yet.

I actually have this very same issue. 

@ Cyrus7 - It's not a matter of force refreshing the browser. It's an issue with the browser and *possibly* links up with a graphics card issue.

@ TSDaedalus: What kind of graphics card does your computer have? I have an AMD 7970HD card. After the very latest update I experience what you do.... but only on Google Chrome. Try Internet Explorer for me once and see if you get the black boxes. I didn't in mine. 

Also, if you wanted to PM in-game, I can get back to you faster. 

=== Also, I did send in a support ticket to HCS concerning this. This issue is not on their end. ===

#5 TSDaedalus

TSDaedalus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:47

I have an AMD R7. I'd try a different browser... but the game server's down.  <_< Plus, the issue might not be on their end, but seems to me it's still their responsibility to create a workaround. It's a rather large playability issue.

#6 LumWolf

LumWolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 13:30

I have an AMD R7. I'd try a different browser... but the game server's down.  <_< Plus, the issue might not be on their end, but seems to me it's still their responsibility to create a workaround. It's a rather large playability issue.

Yeah. But it's on AMD at this point. No issue before the latest revision, but as soon as I installed it I had this issue. And honestly, you'll probably get used to it eventually. I barely notice it anymore.

I did send in a ticket with AMD. Doubtful that I'll hear anything from them though.

#7 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 16:52

It shouldn't have anything to do with your graphics card.. It probably has something to do with the game's code having issues with the browser or something else along the way before you view it...

#8 LumWolf

LumWolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 00:52

It shouldn't have anything to do with your graphics card.. It probably has something to do with the game's code having issues with the browser or something else along the way before you view it...

It's no coincidence that the moment I updated my graphics cards drivers, the black boxes came. I've already sent in a support ticket and HCS said it wasn't on them. 

To even further make sure it was AMD's issue (or a combo of chrome and AMD, which after typing this I believe to be the case) I completely uninstalled my drivers -> tested FS -> No black boxes. Then, when I reinstalled my drivers and tested FS, the black boxes were there. 

This issue doesn't happen in Internet Explorer though. 

#9 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:31

Is the browser you usually used updated? Maybe turn off hardware acceleration?

#10 LumWolf

LumWolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 21:50

Is the browser you usually used updated? Maybe turn off hardware acceleration?

Fairly certain Chrome is updated. I'll see if Hardware Accel. makes a different.

Hardware Acceleration off. No more black boxes! :D Thanks!

Edited by LumWolf, 27 March 2015 - 21:52.

#11 Rsrdaman

Rsrdaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:18

I've seen this bug also on the Mage Epic Quest, while talking to Tarkin in a specific part of the tower, the squares are just black. It must be a game bug.

lYKJQx5.png

Need an avi or signature? Check out my shop: https://tinyurl.com/ydev3o2c

#12 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 18:11

https://forums.hunte...rld-map-errors/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users