Photo

Harid - Assassin PVE build

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Harid

Harid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:31

Hi guys,

I'm working in this assassin build, focus on PVE. I have few questions regard assassins:

1) How to distribute atribute points ?
  2) Is it possible to solo dungeons (dg mode) with assassin (strategy) ?
  3) What is best gems for assassin ?

Could someone help me and comment my build ?

Thanks ! ph34r.png

#2 Lalalalalalalala

Lalalalalalalala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 13:35

1) How to distribute atribute points ?

You should spend all your Attribute Points into Melee. Because you get more critical, HP, MP from gears (Weapons, Armour, Jewelry). You don't need more Sorcery nor Ranged DPS since all Assassin's attacks are Melee. Except Jolt, it's Ranged attack but the damage is based on your Melee DPS.

2) Is it possible to solo dungeons (dg mode) with assassin (strategy) ?

No. But when you hit high level, you could solo some low level dungeons in Dungeon Mode with any classes you play as.

3) What is best gems for assassin ?

For Defense, if you're going to be a PvE, you better put more Onyx (Melee Defense) gem in your armour because most mobs in this game have Melee Damage.

For Offense, it depends on your build. But you can use this following setup for gems in your weapons:

• Amber (Melee Attack Power) in your both 1h weapons, and Garnet (Melee Critical Chance) in your throwing weapon, for more Damage Over Time with a slight Critical Chance boost.
  • All Garnets in all weapons if you want more Critical.
  • Almadine (Heal On Hit) in your both 1h weapons, and Garnet or Amber in your throwing weapon for grinding.

Could someone help me and comment my build ?

Thanks ! ph34r.png

• Vicious Poison. It's not really worth to put 3 points into this talent, because you'd still get 10 stacks (10% more damage dealt) with 1 point spent in it. Putting more points only making you get 10 stacks faster.
  • Swiftness. It's better to take that talent if you take Swift Stride for more Dodge and Move Speed duration. Assassins are the best in Dodges. And you can grind easily and more survivability in Dungeons with more Dodge.
  • Assassinate & Lobotomize. These abilities is so powerful for single target such as Bosses in dungeons. Its so powerful if you use these abilities with 6 stacks of Blood Thirst after using talented Blind (Shock Trauma) with 10 stacks of Vicious Poison.
  • Blood Siphon. This talent is not a good talent for either PvE or PvP. Because it only works with % of Damage Over Time from Lacerate and Rupture. 5 points for 7.5% healing from a small amount of damage is not worth. I did some maths, I could only get around 50 healing per second on my level 49 Assassin. You don't have to worry about healing. In dungeons, Prophets can heal you. Outside dungeons, you can use some healing potions and Almadine gems.
  • Shock Trauma. This is one the best Assassin talent. It boosts 20% of your damage dealt, and it also boosts your team damage dealt. It also an area ability because its activated after you used Blind.
  • On Warrior Talent. You don't need more Melee Dodge because you can max it (75% cap) with a level 40 ability (Concealed). And it's better to max your Sear duration because it is a Damage Over Time ability which ignores Defense.
  • The rest or your build is good.

And here is the build that I fixed:

http://talenttheory....F1I2L1N1O1Q2V1/

Edit: Assassinate & Lobotomize

Edited by shoval, 09 September 2015 - 13:58.

#3 Harid

Harid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 14:20

Thanks for all help Master shoval,

It's all clear for me now ! I will follow your build sample.

Regards !

#4 Lalalalalalalala

Lalalalalalalala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 22:08

:)

#5 Lalalalalalalala

Lalalalalalalala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 22:10

Actually if you want to level and grind as an Assassin easily, just be a pure Assassin, and I'll tell you some tricks if you want.

#6 Harid

Harid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 22:44

Actually if you want to level and grind as an Assassin easily, just be a pure Assassin, and I'll tell you some tricks if you want.

hahahahaha I need to know your secret ! Send pm message to you !

#7 Lalalalalalalala

Lalalalalalalala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 23:01

I'll reply your mail later when I got rested. I didn't sleep the whole night :P

#8 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:56

crit comes from focus not from melee points tsk tsk shov tsk tsk

a well prepared and fully solo dung mode focussed sin could probably solo bt nowadays with the new gear and the absurd amount of gems nowadays just get those dodge rolls ;)

it just depends on ur skill

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#9 Harid

Harid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 13:17

a well prepared and fully solo dung mode focussed sin could probably solo bt nowadays with the new gear and the absurd amount of gems nowadays just get those dodge rolls ;)

it just depends on ur skill

Hi crippla,

What you mean ? Build a 50% 50% Assassin Focus and Melee or full Focus assassin ? I'm curious now hahaha I've never heard it before. Can you tell me how it works ?

Edited by Harid, 11 September 2015 - 13:18.

#10 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 September 2015 - 14:07

just build full melee

the crit you get from focus is not worth the loss of damage/haste from melee

just pointed out that points in melee don't give crit

and with the price of garnets you can easily get your 75% cap however it's mostly dots that deal the damage so using an amber instead of a garnet should work better ;)

so for gems best would be all ambers

don't know if rubies could be worth it in the melee weapons however ambers are easier to come by and also do the trick very very well

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#11 Lalalalalalalala

Lalalalalalalala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 17:48

Because you get more critical, HP, MP from gears (Weapons, Armour, Jewelry).

*Facepalm*

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: